Code of Conduct

Default Men's favourite scents on women...

This is one thing I've always wondered... What is it that men like in women's perfumes? I know that I tend to go in the mens section because there are so many great scents, but what is it that the guys are drawn to in the department store?

So... post your favourite women's fragrance and perhaps the woman who goes with it if you associate the scent with a specific character.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Men's favourite scents on women...

And what about the women's perfumes that men love to wear?
    I know there are quite a few gents out there who wear Shalimar and Mitsouko and don't care a fig that they come from the ladies department.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lysistrata View Post
    ....So... post your favourite women's fragrance and perhaps the woman who goes with it if you associate the scent with a specific character.
    Welcomewelcome Lysistrata! (Hope you posted this on the men's side too 'cause it looks like the question is directed to them!!)

For myself - and on the other side of the coin - there's lot of men's frags I love (and many have been introduced to me by the guys here on BN) - Montana Parfum d'Homme and Safari for Men come to mind.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Post Thanks / Like

I like Penhaligon's Bluebell, although it needs to be on a pretty, slim blonde (like Princess Diana) for it to work. My sister uses Vera Wang Truly Pink and I think it smells fantastic on her.

I don't really like the predominantly fruity fragrances, cherry-vanilla etc. They are sometimes sickening and headache-inducing!

Post Thanks / Like

In the history of womens fragrances my 4 favorites are.

Coco Mademoiselle -the most original womens fragrance I've smelled in 10 yrs.
    Bijan -the original that came out in the 80's, warm and inviting
    Chanel #5 -classy smooth and discreet just screams elegance, spray lightly
    Michael by Michael Kors- There is something in this blend that is sexy as heck. Perfect to wear with jeans and a nice blouse.

I always know when a women is wearing any of these 4 gems. Most of the time, even in public, I'll compliment her choice in fragrance.
    Last edited by mason; 30th November 2007 at 05:36 PM.

On me, men have complimented: Vent Vert, Corps et Ames, First, Mitsouko (surprised me!), Douce Amere, Etro's Magot, Angel Lily, Timbuktu

Women have complimented: Vetiver Tonka, Irisia, Corps et Ames, Timbuktu

I don't wear Angel, Magot, or Douce Amere anymore because they're just not "me". I had a stinging and burning reaction (after a shower) once to Vetiver Tonka, so I don't wear that anymore, either. The rest are regulars in my wardrobe.

Men's preferences are all over the board. As in most things (like clothing, for example), what one likes, the other won't be able to stand. Some like musks or vanillas, others like the chypres and greens. I've found I tend to attract the men who like chypres and greens!! Thankfully, those are my favorite categories as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Men's favourite scents on women...

I think Taolady's suggestion of posting this on The Men's Forum is a good one, but it must be done with a touch of crass as well as class.
    How about " Which Scents Do Hunks Dig? "

It would serve us right for the never-ending "Which Scents do Chicks Dig." Thread in this forum---If we haven't gotten it by now far from a universal magical scent, women radically differ in what they love on ' the right man'--we never will.
    Pity you didn't all say Antaeus, but such is life . . .

Oh, personally I'm a sucker for women who wear Orientals--or anything with well blended notes of orange blossoms, oranges, tuberose, jasmin, gardenia, vanilla, chocolate, mint, apple, er . . bettter make that I'm a sucker for women, period.

I confess it's easier to say which scents I don't like: Can't stand those " Pink-Uplfiting-Fresh. " frags. Tommy Girl immediately comes to mind. Let Luca Turin adore it, he's welcome to it.

I think far bettter that Turin is Ms Radner's take on which scents we men really like: About 2 min into her act. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX3gfodIDtc

Cheers,

Mario the Hunk
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    ..... Ms Radner's take on which scents we men really like: About 2 min into her act. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX3gfodIDtc

Cheers,

Mario the Hunk
    So, Stud Muffin, how do you like the opening notes of Tuberose Criminelle? Or Odeur 71??
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Men's favourite scents on women...

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    So, Stud Muffin, how do you like the opening notes of Tuberose Criminelle? Or Odeur 71??
    Frankly, a bit disappointed as neither smelled like new car interior, let alone a leather one.

Taking refuge in the Dharma, from insane frags.

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 1st December 2007 at 10:42 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Post Thanks / Like

Mario, your posts always seem to make me grin - thanks for that.
    And I agree - this i definitely a thread to post on the men's board. I'd love to know more about how masculine noses perceive feminine fragrances and how they react to them.
    But how about we ladies boarders try Lysistrata's challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by Lysistrata View Post
    So... post your favourite women's fragrance and perhaps the woman who goes with it if you associate the scent with a specific character.
    I can't pick a favourite, but I'll have a think about what frags conjure a particular character. To kick off, Madame Rochas is Jackie Kennedy for me.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    I think far bettter that Turin is Ms Radner's take on which scents we men really like: About 2 min into her act. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX3gfodIDtc

Cheers,

Mario the Hunk
    That's Rita Rudner. Very funny bit!! Thanks for the laugh.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Men's favourite scents on women...

A 6'4" college basketball player likes:

Fendi Palazzo
    Badgley Mishcka
    Hermes Un Jardin Mediterranae
    Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil
    Agent Provacateur
    Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline
    --------------------------------------
    Oh yeah, and anything that smells like sweet pastry.

Sorry if that creeps any of y'all out, but that's what I like!
    Last edited by DULLAH; 5th December 2007 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Gourmand orientals are sexy, rose with wood like Arabian wood by Tom Ford is sexy on a woman. Usually I like smelling strong and deep as far as fragrances on a girl. Jas imp eug by Creed is also another nice fragrance, well nearly all the women's fragrances by Creed are nice, but when I am thinking of a sexy fragrance Arabian Wood would have to take it.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Ford's Champaca Absolute and Black Violet would both be very sexy on a woman. I'd imagine the right musc (e.g. Malle's) could work very well also.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Here is a list of the fragrances I Love to smell on my Wife...
    1. Flower Bomb
    2. Armani Code Femme
    3. Love by RL/ Romance Women by RL
    4. Union Square by Bond No.9
    5. Spring Flowers and Love In White by Creed
    Gary