Code of Conduct

Default Longevity and sillage

If you take a look at my wardrobe guys you can see what nose likes. Someone said it seems I like the sickly sweet stuff which is true to an extent but I'm also a fan of the woody smells, aquatic smells (is that even a genre? lol) and all the rest of it. I plan to keep buying...(im an open addict haha) but want some advice with the power of my next purchase.

On paper strips most of these smells last, so its hard to go to the store and test, my local perfume shop just spray it on the strip and hand you it. I want the longevity of JPG fluer de male, that to me, has a good 5-6 hours on my skin with 2 sprays, and theres a small waft around me if i brushed past you closely (sillage im told???). I wish Gaultier 2 lasted longer on me as its one of my favourite smells...its edp aswell, just doesn't seem to last. The only one that seems to LAST AND I LIKE is A men.... Pitty my girl says i smell like a grandad wearing it. (Im 20 shes 18 btw)

My girlfriend wants to buy me Roma Uomo as she loves it. I also plan to get gucci envy. Any other recomendations? I'm not into the niche stuff, just something to add to the collection.

Default Re: Longevity and sillage

3 favorites that come to mind with great sillage are:

CK Obsession (spicy oriental)
    Krizia Uomo (dry woods)
    Dior Farenheit (herbal)

Here are three that I like:

Pheromone for men by Marilyn Miglin (woody dry notes against wine resins)
    Fendi Uomo - leather and dry wood
    Kourous - need I say anything about this one.

If you are looking for a powerful sillage that will last ALL day there are quite a few but if I had to pick one that I think would suit a man of your age as well as lasting a long time I would have to say Divine - L'Homme Sage a fantastic fragrance that will satisfy your sweet tooth but also appeal to your woody penchant!

You can pick it up from here: http://www.divine.fr/gb/gamme_hsagegb.asp

(by the way I do not work for Divine! lol).

f you take a look at my wardrobe guys you can see what nose likes.
    Your wardrobe is not open to us

Opium pour Homme Eau de Parfum and/or L'Air du Desert Marocain might suit you.

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

I suggest Gucci PH. After the initial blast of incense it goes into a cedar/sandalwood fragrance that lasts and lasts. This is one that will have your girlfriend nuzzling your collar!

(And it is hilarious to think of A*Men as a "Grandad scent"! Whose grandad? Willie Wonka?)
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluard View Post
    Whose grandad? Willie Wonka?

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by r2s View Post
    LOL
    (The laughter dried on his lips when Eluard informed him that he was from Portsmouth )
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

Also connsider
    * Shiseido Basala
    * Van Cleef & Arpels
    and ofcourse ** Kouros** as already mentioned .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

(The laughter dried on his lips when Eluard informed him that he was from Portsmouth )
    Oh No! you skate bas*ard!! Shame on you, at least you had the good sense to move to Oz!

Oh No! you skate bas*ard!! Shame on you, at least you had the good sense to move to Oz!

I do NOT want to talk football ok!

Hey emes, have you made a decision at all yet?

how do i make the wardrobe viewable to all???

And as for the decision, im going to try smell some of these scents over the weekend and get back to you all. I woke up today and could still smell gaultier 2 on my skin very faintly so maybe its a bit more powerfull than i thought lol

But for now im going to check out....

Kourous
    Black XS (i remember it lasting long on my wrist)
    Gucci Envy
    M7
    Divine - L'Homme Sage

Mark Birley for men
    L'eau Bleue
    Bvlgari Aqua
    M7
    Vierges et toreros
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

Quote Originally Posted by emes View Post
    I woke up today and could still smell gaultier 2 on my skin very faintly so maybe its a bit more powerfull than i thought lol
    Yeah I have G2 and it is a very powerful scent. Although essentially its a linear composition it does transition from an initial and ephemeral vanilla (which I dont especially like) to a very long and spectacular amber. Good shit!
    Last edited by r2s; 26th November 2007 at 01:09 PM.

I hated it at first....Me and my girl were in boots trying some different scents, I'd sprayed so many on my wrists and on strips that I didnt have anywhere to spray anymore and my nose was confused to say the least... so I pickd up this gaultier 2 bottle and sprayed it on her left shoulder. At first I thought it was horrid, couldn't tell if it was for a man or woman and didnt seem to care either...

By the end of the day I was making sure that when I was walking I stayd to her left, to smell her left shoulder. It went from a stench to an amazing smell that I couldn't get enough of. Lovely stuff. Went out that week and bought the 2x 40 ml bottles lol And last week I went and bought the deodorant and the shower gel... truly love that smell.
    Last edited by emes; 26th November 2007 at 01:28 PM.

Frags from the following houses have great longetivity:
    Chanel, Guerlain, Yves Saint Laurent, Karl Lagerfeld, Givenchy, Paco Rabbane
    I also second Shiseido Basala

Quote Originally Posted by emes View Post
    I went and bought the deodorant and the shower gel... truly love that smell.
    What is the showel gel like? Is it a good resemblance of the EDP?

yeah its nice stuff. leaves your bathroom smelling wonderful lol, and it does last on your skin too. BUT...the body lotion is the best. I got a tester of it, only a little 30ml bottle, I put it on my hands and arms before I go out, that keeps my skin nice and the smell lasts for 6 hours easily without dying down.

Might have to give that a try, cheers mate. Let us know what you pick up.

how do i make the wardrobe viewable to all???
    It is now indicated by this:

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

If you are looking for a powerful sillage that will last ALL day there are quite a few but if I had to pick one that I think would suit a man of your age as well as lasting a long time I would have to say Divine - L'Homme Sage a fantastic fragrance that will satisfy your sweet tooth but also appeal to your woody penchant!

You can pick it up from here: http://www.divine.fr/gb/gamme_hsagegb.asp

(by the way I do not work for Divine! lol).
    Ditto-L'homme Sage is awesome - sillage and longevity are as good as it gets.

When it comes to sillage and longevity, you can't forget Joop Homme. It's really sweet too so it will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth.

Azzaro Visit lasts long as well. It's a little sweet with nutmeg and offset by its woody notes.

and ofcourse many from the Jacques Bogart house .... power plus !

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43