Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 30 of 30
  1. #1

    Default Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Is it safe??? After such amazing reviews of this scent, especially it's drydown, I am wondering if it would be safe to order SDV from Guerlain boutique in Paris blind???
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

    Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

  2. #2

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Well, I guess you'll mostly get replies from already-devotees of SDV! I bought it blind as I was quite sure what to get: a deep, thick, boozy gourmand-scent. It's a very 'prominent' scent, but so well made that I think that most people would find it extremely beautiful, so I'd consider it a safe blind buy.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Essentially, it really depends on how much you love vanilla scents. As brilliant as this creation is, it is pretty expensive. I still can't believe I spent so much on the stuff but am very glad that I did. Please also bear in mind that some of the frags in your wardrobe will pale in comparison, once you've smelt it (based on the assumption that you will love it). Since many of my frags are SLs (or SL related - conceptually, anyway) SDV slotted in very nicely.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    How much is SDV and Bois d'armenie at La Maison Guerlain ? I am contemplating on getting one or the other thru a Parisian friend of mine.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    I swear all your enthusiasm for SDV is driving me crazy... I've even dreamt about this stuff! And it's infuriating knowing that it's near impossible to find here in Australia. I've never seen such positive reviews for a new fragrance. Tell us whether you buy it DreamerII and what you think!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    I did it.
    Called long-distance to Bergdorf's.
    I'm not sorry- but it's about $200.00 American.
    Storing and treating it like liquid gold, lol...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post
    I did it.
    Called long-distance to Bergdorf's.
    I'm not sorry- but it's about $200.00 American.
    Storing and treating it like liquid gold, lol...
    Yeah, if it's still around, when I next return to Paris, I may have to get a back-up bottle...

  8. #8

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    I've got such reply from Maison de Guerlain in Paris

    In reply to your email, we can confirm to you that we still have some Spiritueuse Double Vanille and we can ship whatever you like

    for the fragrance is 140 euros and 25 euros for the shipment under 400 euros of order, and it is free over this amount.
    I remain at your disposal,

    With my best regards,

    Mehrzad
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

    Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

  9. #9

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    According to Guerlain SA, SDV has so much succes that the limited edition will be prolonged until January 2008.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    According to Guerlain SA, SDV has so much succes that the limited edition will be prolonged until January 2008.
    Oh, so there's an end date?! I naturally assumed that 'limited edition' meant they had limited stock and they would sell this until it was all gone.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Oh, so there's an end date?! I naturally assumed that 'limited edition' meant they had limited stock and they would sell this until it was all gone.
    Yes it's a bit strange they say this. But perhaps this means that they have produced some more seeing how succesful it showed out to be? But then: if they still have more on 31st of January 2008, will they sell that or stock it somewhere for very special clients - or what? Strange...

  12. #12
    Banned giannis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    518

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Today arrived, AWESOME!
    Thank you Trebor for this discover.
    At first reminds something from Egoiste but then comes the MAGIC!
    Definetely wearable from man.
    Last edited by giannis; 15th November 2007 at 05:07 PM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    I have ordered SdV from Maison de Guerlain
    In the e mail I also asked for some samples - Rose Barbare, Bois d'Armenie..

    I am waiting for my SdV with impatience
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

    Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

  14. #14

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Hey, giannis!

    I'm glad you love this one too - it really is something special. However, all the praise should really go to Mr. Guerlain. If he hadn't tipped me off about this I would have been none the wiser.
    Last edited by Trebor; 15th November 2007 at 05:26 PM.

  15. #15
    Banned giannis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    518

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Thank you Mr. Guerlain!:wave:
    Last edited by giannis; 15th November 2007 at 05:17 PM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Just came home from a little trip - and found this reply! You are VERY welcome - I am SO happy that other people like this scent too!

  17. #17
    Basenotes Plus

    JaimeB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    5,416
    Blog Entries
    140

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    One of the best recent Guerlains -- and they've had some good ones!

    At first, it reminded me a little of Bois d'Arménie and Angélique Noire, but then I realized it was the famous guerlinade coming through...

    It's really gorgeous; but then, Jean-Paul came out of retirement to make it, and it was five years in the making... This one's got a story behind it, and that could help to make it a legend.
    Yr good bud,

    JaimeB

    "Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

    My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

    Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

    Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

    Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

    Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

    Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

  18. #18

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    I've got it and am wearing it today)

    First of all, it's not a plain vanilla scent. It's far far away from plain predominant vanilla. You can feel more pronounced vanilla in the base.

    Top and midle notes reminded me Musc Ravageur, Chergui and especially Ambre Narguile

    But the scent, which is the closest to SDV - discontinued perfume by Cacharel - Gloria.

    I do not feel something very special in the drydown, and I am sure it's because of my skin chemistry - vanillic sweeter scents simply melts into my skin

    SDV definitely has some aphrodisiac and carnal dimension

    I would say it is unisex-feminine
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

    Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

  19. #19

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Hi Dreamer, seems like you are not overly impressed there...?


    Quote Originally Posted by DreamerII View Post
    I've got it and am wearing it today)

    First of all, it's not a plain vanilla scent. It's far far away from plain predominant vanilla. You can feel more pronounced vanilla in the base.

    Top and midle notes reminded me Musc Ravageur, Chergui and especially Ambre Narguile

    But the scent, which is the closest to SDV - discontinued perfume by Cacharel - Gloria.

    I do not feel something very special in the drydown, and I am sure it's because of my skin chemistry - vanillic sweeter scents simply melts into my skin

    SDV definitely has some aphrodisiac and carnal dimension

    I would say it is unisex-feminine

  20. #20

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    I am impressed, and am not sorry that I bought it blind

    SDV goes to the same line as Musc Ravageur, Chergui. But I can not say at the moment which one is the best))
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

    Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

  21. #21

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamerII View Post
    I am impressed, and am not sorry that I bought it blind

    SDV goes to the same line as Musc Ravageur, Chergui. But I can not say at the moment which one is the best))
    You are going on my list: Danger, do not read!
    Together with Trebor and Mr. Guerlain!!

    I could not resist it any longer and a bottle of Spiritueuse Double Vanille is fighting its way through Frenchmen on strike to my home.

    I really can't remember when I bought a scent untested. It better be splendid, my dears
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

  22. #22

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Riannon - with that fierce-looking avatar you really induce fear

    Hope you'll adore its light on those cold, wet, dark days!

    Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    You are going on my list: Danger, do not read!
    Together with Trebor and Mr. Guerlain!!

    I could not resist it any longer and a bottle of Spiritueuse Double Vanille is fighting its way through Frenchmen on strike to my home.

    I really can't remember when I bought a scent untested. It better be splendid, my dears

  23. #23

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    Riannon - with that fierce-looking avatar you really induce fear

    Hope you'll adore its light on those cold, wet, dark days!
    Ooops I did not realise it was fear inducing. I am really very harmless most of the time.

    I am almost sure I will adore it, and if not......Christmas present to Denmark

    ......Change of avatar. Less fierce, I hope ......
    Last edited by Riannon; 26th November 2007 at 12:48 PM.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

  24. #24

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Is this still available?

  25. #25

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by zr0e View Post
    Is this still available?
    Yes, it is.
    I will PM you the e-mail address
    Last edited by Riannon; 26th November 2007 at 12:11 PM.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

  26. #26

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    ^Thanks.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Yes not so fierce now! Yes if you don't like it, just contact me and I'll buy it from you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    Ooops I did not realise it was fear inducing. I am really very harmless most of the time.

    I am almost sure I will adore it, and if not......Christmas present to Denmark

    ......Change of avatar. Less fierce, I hope ......

  28. #28

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    And if Mr. Guerlain changes his mind about the offer, consider me an honourable replacement...

  29. #29

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    And if Mr. Guerlain changes his mind about the offer, consider me an honourable replacement...
    Thank you, gracious gentlemen

    When I really don't like it, I will split the bottle between you. And.....when I say Christmas present, I do mean present.

    ::and fgs, don't start praying now that I will despise the Spiritueuse::
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

  30. #30

    Default Re: Spiritueuse Double Vanille - safe blid buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    Thank you, gracious gentlemen

    When I really don't like it, I will split the bottle between you. And.....when I say Christmas present, I do mean present.

    ::and fgs, don't start praying now that I will despise the Spiritueuse::
    That's very kind of you but, personally, I would like you to love this as much as Mr. Guerlain and I do. Anyway, I have a feeling you will...

Similar Threads

  1. Spiritueuse Double Vanille - Guerlain
    By gregmech26 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 5th April 2011, 01:50 AM
  2. Mini-review of Spiritueuse Double Vanille
    By Mr. G in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15th September 2007, 10:10 PM
  3. Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    By Mr. G in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 6th September 2007, 10:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000