Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain- My Insolence - tried today - 1st time

I had a sample of My Insolence today that I got from Sephora.
    Am I correct in thinking that it's flowery and powdery?

I read the chart in the directory. I can smell the vanilla. I really don't smell the rasberry though.
    How can I learn to distinguish the notes better?

I've always loved perfume and have broken it down into main categories such as fruity, woodsy, flowery. After reading this fourm I realize I have so much to learn!!

Default Re: Guerlain- My Insolence - tried today - 1st time

I sprayed it on a card and got a very young fruity floral - berries and sugar. It was pleasent enough but far too young for me. I could imagine it being popular with early teens.
    It lacks the foul parma violet note of Insolence, which makes it an improvement for me, at least.

It's a pretty scent, but -here comes the but part- it's so very boring, i mean,there must be now about at least 50 scents that resemble this one, give or take a couple of faint notes.
    I do get the raspberries and again, it's very nice and comfortable, but IMHO, it's completely unnecessary for Guerlain, for the perfume world, and for people that have already a smell-a-like.
    Does it say "Guerlain" when i smell it? The answer is a plain and fast NO. Does it matter? Who knows for sure.
    I liked it enough to get it, but i'm very bored by it. I probably won't buy it again.
    It will make a nice memento of things of this time and age -the world taken over by soft fruity florals.

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    It's a pretty scent, but -here comes the but part- it's so very boring, i mean,there must be now about at least 50 scents that resemble this one, give or take a couple of faint notes.
    I do get the raspberries and again, it's very nice and comfortable, but IMHO, it's completely unnecessary for Guerlain, for the perfume world, and for people that have already a smell-a-like.
    Does it say "Guerlain" when i smell it? The answer is a plain and fast NO. Does it matter? Who knows for sure.
    I liked it enough to get it, but i'm very bored by it. I probably won't buy it again.
    It will make a nice memento of things of this time and age -the world taken over by soft fruity florals.
    That was exactly my reaction to it. Except I didn't like it enough to get it.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby