Code of Conduct

Default Looking for Serge Lutens Chergui

Hi everybody . I've been so excited that my scent collection is increasing, and I've been wanting to try Chergui for the longest time now, that it's been burning in the back of my head. I know where I can get a sample, but I've been looking around online, and have found nowhere to actually get a bottle of this, which seems strange since there seem to be a large number of people who love it, and it makes me wonder if I've been looking in the wrong places..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking for Serge Lutens Chergui

Quote Originally Posted by GrayCrane View Post
    Hi everybody . I've been so excited that my scent collection is increasing, and I've been wanting to try Chergui for the longest time now, that it's been burning in the back of my head. I know where I can get a sample, but I've been looking around online, and have found nowhere to actually get a bottle of this, which seems strange since there seem to be a large number of people who love it, and it makes me wonder if I've been looking in the wrong places..
    Chergui is part of Lutens' exclusive line...meaning only sold in one store in Paris. At one point, it was added as the annual limited edition to the export line, and the only place I think that may still have it is Barney's. Otherwise you'll have to have someone buy it for you in Paris.

Please order a sample before blowing big bucks though...its a beautiful scent, but not necessarily for everyone, and not a cheap mistake.

Post Thanks / Like

Check this and your q's will be answered:

http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...iebell-dw.aspx

I have no affiliation with them, etc.

Best regards,
    Mike

PS - EBay might be another source. Good luck

I see...thanks. I'll have to remember that the next time I go to Paris.

Post Thanks / Like

Once you determine that you want to acquire Chergui (or any fragrance for that matter), I recommend that you regularly check the marketplace thread to see if any Basenoters have it for sale or swap.

Also, you may want to consider posting a Fragrance Wanted thread so that others know what you are looking for.

I have made extensive (well, extensive for me anyway) use of these features without a single regret (although, it is always wise to check feedback ratings first!).

Welcome to Basenotes!
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 27th November 2007 at 07:33 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Looking for Serge Lutens Chergui

I purchased my bottle of Chergui at Barney's. They did not mention anything about it being a limited edition in the U.S. So, give them a try.
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
    I purchased my bottle of Chergui at Barney's. They did not mention anything about it being a limited edition in the U.S. So, give them a try.
    A thread on MUA caught my eye the other day, where they were discussing how Barney's supposedly does carry Chergui, but it does not exist on their website.

Wouldn't be suprised if SL did make them take it off their website, seeing how several websites list their scents but aren't (allowed?) selling them..

Can anyone shed more light on this?

And as TwoRoads suggests, visit the sales forum every now and then. I was fortunate enough to stumble on a BNer selling a bell jar of chergui... (which started my SL addiction )
    Last edited by teger; 27th November 2007 at 03:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

My bottle of Chergui just arrived today from a fellow Basenoter!

Still sealed in the box!

Wonderful stuff - a much softer amber than my other SLs.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost