Code of Conduct

Default Erolfa vs. Bulgari Aqua

Hi. I recently purchased and received my first ever bottle of Erolfa. It's a very nice aquatic scent for sure, but I have to say that I'm fairly disappointed with the sillage and longevity. I actually like (unlike some others here, I know) aquatic scents, but seem to have trouble finding one that lasts significantly. One other I'm aware of is Bulgari (Bvlgari, whatever) Aqua. So, as the title of this thread suggests, how do those here who have used both compare the two? Not just the quality of the scent, but sillage and especially longevity? Thanks.

Default Re: Erolfa vs. Bulgari Aqua

I have samples of both. Both are very good but I find them to be very different smelling aquatics. Erolfa is more pleasant-smelling to me, and I'd much rather have it in my collection. However, I think the Bulgari has more sillage and longevity.
    I think of Erolfa to have more of a California coast feel (sunny & warm) and Bulgari to be like the BC / Northern coast (salty, cold, foggy).

Quote Originally Posted by J-S View Post
    Hi. I recently purchased and received my first ever bottle of Erolfa. It's a very nice aquatic scent for sure, but I have to say that I'm fairly disappointed with the sillage and longevity. I actually like (unlike some others here, I know) aquatic scents, but seem to have trouble finding one that lasts significantly. One other I'm aware of is Bulgari (Bvlgari, whatever) Aqua. So, as the title of this thread suggests, how do those here who have used both compare the two? Not just the quality of the scent, but sillage and especially longevity? Thanks.
    Well, I used to own both and I finally got Blue Label instead of Aqva just because I have special memories of Givenchy's. If you take a look at my wardrobe, both are my top 2 fragrances. Anyway, my point is that the two are very different aquatics. In fact, Aqva (and bue label) is one of those scents that are marketed as "Aquatic for a lack of a better word". I detect no water whatsoever, but in Erolfa, however, there is an aura of salty breeze. Another thing I discovered about Erolfa is that induces nose fatigue quite fast. I does not have an impressive sillage, but its longevity is about average; so maybe you cannot smell it, but it is there. Sillage and longevity for Aqva are about average, perhaps better than Erolfa.
    Want Silalge? Get Joop nightflight or Clairborne Sport. They are not as refined as Aqva or Erolfa but they know how to anounce your precence. Still, whenever I need to be smelled I reach for my Platinum Egoiste.

Jordan and CK Be are not exactly aquatics, but their longevity always amazes me.

Red face Re: Erolfa vs. Bulgari Aqua

I discover lately Erolfa. It's nice and pleasant has just a little remniscent of maritime breeze.
    If I'm honest with you, for the price of a whole bottle (135€ 100ml here), and you want something really aquatic and lating power, I'd rather buy a bottle of Kenzo that it's pure iodine and lily of the valley for 35€ 50ml, another of the glorious Bvlgari Aqua, yummy and sexy as hell for 50€ 100ml, and you still have money in your pocket to go for cañas and tapas.... hihi.
    Erolfa is just nice.
    Creed has a nice reputation, for sure, its fragrances are just clean and classy, but 70% of them, like some L'artisan, have a mediocre sillage and are way too expensive. ( Sorry for the Creed fans)
    I'll stay with those two that are sillage monster, less classy and clean, more raw, like nature, because the first thing that I enjoy in a fragrance is just the sillage, the originality and the projection: (every single one enjoy when people ask you: what are you wearing?...).
    I do prefer smell more original, not as clean, tidy and elegant.
    It's just my opinion,as is the way I am, as acceptable as the rest. You have the final word. Try the three ones. and decided for yourself.
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

IMHO, Calypso Marine is the most under appreciated aquatic out there. Blows everything else out of the water.
    You must try it.