Code of Conduct

Default UNGARO III * Black Box v Red Mottled Box ?

Hi Dudes ,, My next purchase will include Ungaro III ,, I understand the red capped III is the original one released back in 93 ,, On Ebay I see plenty of Red Boxed & Black boxed ones with black caps and have read here that they don't last anywhere near as long as the original 93 release .
    ** My Question > Is it true the mottled red box has better sillage than the all black ?

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Default Re: UNGARO III * Black Box v Red Mottled Box ?

I have three generations of III and the longevity gets less with each generation. I have one of the black box scents and I can only describe it as rancid compared to the original and even the red rose petal design boxes (bottles with black caps).
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter they are known as liars.

I like my Ungaro III (black box, black cap), but after smelling Ungaro II I have to wonder if the original Ungaro III was a much higher quality scent than the new version. The Ungaro II I have is just rich and thick and deep and there's no detectable alcohol smell upon initial application, whereas the new Ungaro III is, still a decent scent, but smells fairly bitter and strongly of alcohol upon first spray and just doesn't seem to have the same quality ingredients.

Thanks fella's ... So in a nutshell I should try and get the original .
    Should I not get lucky >> Is the Rose Petal release still worth getting ?

SALES

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Yes, it is but it's really an evening scent and it will only last that long. Don't think of it as a day long scent.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter they are known as liars.

Thanks fella's ... So in a nutshell I should try and get the original .
    Don't expect Ungaro III to be a powerhouse with great sillage. Its longevity is erratic and it behaves quite differently on different days. Sometimes i spray Ungaro III as my bed scent and i wake up with this fantastic smell of roses.

Its very mild, however at times you can catch the rose or geranium *whatever is there in Ungaro III* wafting around you hours after application.

If you like 'rose' in your fragrances, get this.

I am also planning to buy a few backup bottles of Ungaro III since it is available so cheaply as of now. I don't even know if it is in production but i would hate to pay any higher price later.

gupts

This thread is very timely.

I have never tried Ungaro I or Ungaro II, but Ungaro III is my SotD.

I just received a very nice unsolicited compliment from a very nice young lady!

This does not happen to me all of the time but, when it does, it always makes my day a little better!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Which particular III are you using ?

SALES

Which particular III are you using ?
    If I am wrong I hope that someone jumps in here and corrects me, but it is my understanding that there is only one Ungaro III (mine is a tester without a cap, but the black bottle has gold-colored horizontal trim bands across the top and the bottom).

I believe that the first two have been discontinued and were known as Ungaro and Ungaro II. They seem to still be somewhat available on places like eBay and the Marketplace here. The first Ungaro has a cult-like following on Basenotes - must be some pretty good juice!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost