Code of Conduct

Default It's happening again

http://www.abercrombie.com/webapp/wc...-1_12244_12204

For those of you who saw my other thread about what happens when they go on sale. Not many people ever purchased it very much as far as I'm aware.. but I can't say for sure. We get a lot more sales on Fierce, of course. I picked up a bottle of this after my shift today, but I think I'm gonna keep it for myself. I kinda like it.

Default Re: It's happening again

Which one? I don't think you ever mentioned the name of it...

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    Which one? I don't think you ever mentioned the name of it...
    Ezra Fitch. It's now $38.50 (was $79.50).
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Oh, damn. Apparently the link I gave just redirects to the site home. Anyway, MF's right.

..and apparently already sold out at the price? I don't see it.
    Last edited by atrac; 28th November 2007 at 02:32 PM.

Use the scrolling bar, visible below the items. @_@

Ok, let's pretend someone is visiting the cologne page but not only doesn't see any Ezra Fitch cologne but doesn't see a way to scroll either up or down or sideways because there are only three items in the center of the page (Fierce, 41 Cologne, and Proof). I also don't see anything priced 38.50. Is there a sale page?

Maybe you can help us out?

Clearance.

Found it! I was looking at the regular colognes and not in the clearance section. $8.00 shipping is kind of high. Around $50 total. Having never smelled this one, I have to ask if it's worth it?

Also, do you think they have it in the store and on clearance? $8 saved would be nice....and of course I could smell it too (even if it isn't on clearance).

The notes sound right up my alley, but the reviews on here were mostly negative. One review said it (paraphrasing to be kind) was very weak.
    Last edited by atrac; 29th November 2007 at 07:11 AM.

It's still in the store on clearance. It smells similar to Armani Mania. Fragrance elitists have only bad things to say simply because they are fragrance elitists. It's silly. I can't tell you what you'll think of it, but if you're buying it for the purpose of selling (if) it becomes an ebay rarity, then it doesn't really matter.

For swap:
    1. 90-95% full 2.5 oz bottle of Creed Orange Spice
    2. 99% full 1.6 oz bottle of Kenzo pour Homme
    3. 90% full 4 oz bottle of Creed Millesime Imperial

Looking for: GIT, Baie de Genièvre, Idole de Lubin, Chergui, decant of FM Carnal Flower, decant of vintage Tabarome

Is that Ezra Fitch?? Or James Taylor??
    Last edited by ChuckW; 29th November 2007 at 01:11 PM. Reason: more

I remember Ezra Fitch smelling kind of like Victoria's Secret Very Sexy (or VS 2), which was decent, but seemed to sprint to a cheapo musk.

Probably one of the coolest bottles around, though. I wish I could buy an empty one.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Is that Ezra Fitch?? Or James Taylor??
    LOL, no if you've watched Twin Peaks and noticed the threads title you'll know why I posted it
    For swap:
    1. 90-95% full 2.5 oz bottle of Creed Orange Spice
    2. 99% full 1.6 oz bottle of Kenzo pour Homme
    3. 90% full 4 oz bottle of Creed Millesime Imperial

Looking for: GIT, Baie de Genièvre, Idole de Lubin, Chergui, decant of FM Carnal Flower, decant of vintage Tabarome

I went to the AF store in Santa Monica to check this scent out at lunch. I practically had my credit card out to buy it as I walked into the store. Once I found a bottle and smelled it, I put my CC back. No offense meant to anyone, but the scent isn't for me. For some reason it smelled like Black Pepper to me, then it faded down to something that almost smells like Ralph Lauren Romance, minus the urine smell.

I will say this though..the bottle is awesome. Very classy. I, too, wish I could buy an empty bottle (but for much less of course).

I checked eBay and right now the prices are holding steady at just below the current price at the store.
    Last edited by atrac; 29th November 2007 at 10:15 PM.

Well it hasn't gone off the store shelves yet. Once it gets discontinued it should rise. Presumably, and based on the company's fragrance patterns.

But black pepper? Maybe you should slap it in that thread here XD
    I don't get any black pepper out of it. It just smells like any other thing, which is what Mania smells like to me. But I still like it and would wear it. And yeah, the bottle is fucking good.

One of the reviews on here says the smell disappears on skin after a minute. While I am sure that reviewer was overstating that fact, I will say that it's not even close to being true. I sprayed the top of my hand at around 1:30pm with it. It is now 11:15pm and the smell is still there. And this is after various attempts throughout the day to clear the scent off with alcohol, hand sanitizer, liquid soap and bar soap.

Like I said, fragrance elitists will knock on things like this without even thinking simply because they're fragrance elitists, and they hate the name.