Code of Conduct

Default Paul Smith London for Men

I recently had the pleasure to discover this wondeful scent and wonder why it is quite unknown. I think it's absolutely gorgeous and could become a new favourite...What's your opinion about this one?

Default Re: Paul Smith London for Men

I worked during the launch of this scent.
    I will admit it has more character than many of your "run-of-the-mill" commercial fragrances, but personally, its "fermented fruit" characteristics I found a little overbearing.

I like London alot. The mint, lavender, and congnac note in the top is very nice. It lasts forever on me too. I wore it on Thanksgiving day actually. Cool bottle.

I didn't like it. I found the bottle difficult to hold and spray and the fragrance itself was really...not good; everytime I wore it it sent me into a coughing/sneezing fit so I had to give it away.....

Basenotes Institution

I am quielty doing a full 180 degree on London.

I dislike most Burberry scents, and I have tried almost all of them. But something about London and it's numerous recommnedations on that 'cinnamon' thread I started got me thinking that maybe I dismissed it too quickly.

Last weekend when my boyfriend bought me the Tom Ford Extreme, there was a bottle of London at the counter and I sprayed some on him, just to see if I liked how it smelled on someone else's skin. I really liked it. It smelled like warm apple cider. He said it smelled like wood and a little like sipping cinnamon herbal tea. I agreed.

So, consider me a fan now.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 28th November 2007 at 03:14 PM.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I am quielty doing a full 180 degree on London.

I dislike most Burberry scents, . . .
    Mike,

I think that you incorrectly read his question, for he was asking for ops about Paul Smith London, rather than Burberry's.
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by zeram1 View Post
    Mike,

I think that you incorrectly read his question, for he was asking for ops about Paul Smith London, rather than Burberry's.
    My bad.

It is quite confusing...two London's. Thanks...
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

It is interesting for me to see how FiFi awards paid attention to the Paul Smith London.
    In the first trial, this one was very vegetarian and herbal for my taste. But I should admit that, it was well blended and amazingly long lasting!
    And, well! The thread tempted me to give it another try!

I don't like london. It is the least impressive of the PS line IMO. There is not alot to it. I found it to be as synthetic and diluted as most mainstreams. Perhaps it is just my nose but I just couldn't get into it.

Some people said it is similar to Fahrenheit. Is this true? I never tried London unfortunately.

If there's a similarity to Fahrenheit, I'm not able to smell it.

I bought PS London about two years ago as a blind buy and haven't used it very often since. But in the last few months, I started to like it better and I've worn it quite a lot lately.

I think of it as a lighter cold weather scent. It starts subtle with a nice cognac note and after a while it reminds me of pipe tobacco combined with "winter" spices.

Only the staying power is disappointing on me. I think three to four hours and it's gone (I've asked other people if they could still detect it, but no...).

In a nutshell: Good winter scent, if you're not in the mood for an other oriental.

I've enjoyed owning this scent. I can smell it hours after I've sprayed it. There's just something about it that mixes well together. I also tend to get compliments when wearing it. Highly recommend, especially for cooler weather. Oh, and I too have difficulty holding and spraying the bottle. It's an awkward shape. But don't let that stop you.
    Last edited by jeffrey; 9th March 2008 at 12:53 AM.
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

Quote Originally Posted by msi_21 View Post
    It is interesting for me to see how FiFi awards paid attention to the Paul Smith London.
    In the first trial, this one was very vegetarian and herbal for my taste. But I should admit that, it was well blended and amazingly long lasting!
    And, well! The thread tempted me to give it another try!
    Bingo, PSL had a sort of basil note on me. It is long lasting, but didn't seem to work on my skin chemistry.

i like it........sometimes....
    i find it a bit heavy at times
    but when it dries down...i like it..
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

Thumbs up Re: Paul Smith London for Men

To me, the only downside is the darned awkward spray mechanism. I find that it sticks when you press it down, and often you either blast yourself with too much or it sprays nothing at all.

That being said, the potion itself is magnificent! It is truly unique (well, in my city anyway) and garners multiple compliments for me when I wear it. The ladies circle like vultures, I kid you not!

I agree with other comments here that it seems better suited for colder weather. Here in Canada with our hot humid summers it could smell like you've been drinking.

It is my signature autumn / winter scent. Polo mints and brandy. Yum!

J

I tested it recently and couldn't stop sniffing my wrist. It is quite nice, even in a warm weather here. And as I walked on the street, I could detect its sillage even that I didn't raise my arm up. And the longevity is excellent. I have sealed a deal with someone here who doesn't like it. It costs $44 for 100ml.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Think i'll make this my SOTD tomorrow.

I agree that it's quite nice, with great sillage & longevity.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I bought this one today and I love it! It reminds me a little of both Burberry London and JPG Le Male (but a lot better than JPG Le Male).

I swear an SA told me that the longevity isn't too long, odd, huh?