Chypre de Coty, reissued in all it's glory in the remake of its original bottle in occasion of its 100 years.
Thread: Future SOTD...November 28, 2017
There've been some tensions 'round these parts lately...lets keep things light & fresh with a little mindless fluff.
What will you be wearing 10 years from now?
Will Serge Lutens be on his 75th release...maybe something like Plastique Magnifique with notes of "melted spatula", tuberose, car-tire treads with roadkill, and of course honey and candied-fruit?
Maybe Hermes' newest release - Helium de Leon, which is so light & transparent it actually lifts you from you chair. Poor JCE floated away during the creative process and hasn't been seen since...
Jil Sander's latest - Jil-Sander-Man-Sander-Man-Jil-Sander-Man
Will Frederic Malle start using actual celebrities to create perfumes instead of celebrity-perfumeurs? Britney's masterpiece, 5 years in the making, with notes of "shaving cream, female genitalia, kentucky fried chicken, and a base of valium, zanax and percocet".
What are your predictions? Or will you still be wearing A*men?
LOL - love your description of the new Hermes scent and the image of JC Ellena floating away on a helium intake.
I'm predicting I will be wearing something by Comme des Garcons that is equally disturbing, expensive and perhaps entirely innappropriate for someone my age. In another ten years who know what those CdG perfumers will think up of next. I'd love to see them do a Series based upon coffee notes (espresso, latte, mocha, etc.).
"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."
-- Eckhart Tolle
I love the idea of an anniversary reissue of Chypre...not that I've smelled it. Would we all have to wait to hear Luca Turin's opinion on if it stands up to the original?
Eternity Summer 2017 - or Eternity Winter, Spring or Fall 2017
Of course....let's not forget Nada di Gio, Armani's new fragrance that's so light you can't even smell it! Or Versace's Night Terrors....(a clone of Britney's latest and greatest with some Navy for Men added spark).
I really don't know what I'll be wearing, but I will probably still have some Polo Green in the collection and some Versace Dreamer.
Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74
Here's my predictions for 2017:
- Acqua di Gio will still be the #1 seller in the USA, but it won't be as strong saleswise as it was 10 years ago.
- Natural perfumery will become mainstream due to eco-consciousness reaching critical mass.
- Thierry Mugler's new X*Men will be out (endorsed by Marvel Comics!)
- Jean Paul Gaultier will have introduced Gaultier To The Power of Three.
- Sephora (including the Sephora stores insice JCPenney stores that are now in their infancy) will be bigger than Macy's in terms of beauty sales volume.
- Someone will buy the rights to Hai Karate and rerelease it in its full putrid glory to cash in on the "retro" trend.
- Neiman Marcus will finally enter reality and start accepting Visa and MasterCard in their stores in addition to American Express due to customer demand.
- Tommy Hilfiger will be out of the fragrance business in the US (but remain so overseas).
- Skybus Airlines (the ten seats for $10 on every flight airline) will sell more fragrances than Dillard's or Belk.
Last edited by MFfan310; 28th November 2007 at 03:45 PM.
Top 5 for Fall:
1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
2) New York - Nicolai
3) Terre d'Hermes
4) Aventus - Creed
5) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."
I will be tracking down and trying to aquire the 654th scent from Tom Ford's Private Blend series called Extreme Bois de Boxers IV Limited Edition Noir