Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: >>>Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Dec. 1, 2007>>>GOURMAND

Un Crime Exotique would have been my choice, had my sample arrived. I've wanted to try it, it's the first snowy day this year and I've been knocking back gingerbread lattes to console myself. But my real dilemma today; how can I fit snow boots in an evening bag?
    Sending BEMs scuttling back to Betelgeuse with my fierce fumage!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=200749

Post Thanks / Like

quote=Lady_in_Black;1107360]Since Lann-Al eventually wore off, I am in PG's

Un Crime Exotique

THE perfect spicy gourmand.
    Sakecat, I am sorry it didn't work for you, but .... more for me!
    On my skin, it isn't a mere gingerbread concoction. Anise is very prominent and the mate adds a tiny bitter accent, with the other spices blending in so smoothly.... and a splendid apricot-scented floral hint dwells in its heart. Agreed, it isn't an easy scent, especially if one wishes to wear it when it's NOT holiday season. But I have a suspicion it will be my next full bottle from Pierre.
    Notes: Chinese osmanthus, gingerbread, tea, cinnamon, star anise, mate absolute, vanilla sugar, South Sea Island sandalwood.[/quote]

Sounds divine! I have been longing to try his one and now after reading your description I think I will ......soon!

I thought I was going to go for Mary Kay Tribute, as it's very confectionery. But when I opened the sample drawer I remembered my

Coppeneur Eau de Cacao

It smells EXACTLY the way it sounds - like cocoa! Very rich, very chocolate.... Even my husband, who takes pride in his ability to misinterpret notes, pegged it as cocoa. But it's such a close match to to-die-for chocolate that I can't picture craving it more then once or twice a year. It's exactly this sort of scent that attracts land sharks.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

You ladies smell wonderful.

This morning I wore Vanilla Grapefruit by Lavanila - from my brand new bottle from a Basenoter. I had sampled this at Sephora more than a year ago, and I really fell in love with it many, many hours after I applied it (I'm sure you all can relate to that experience). I've posted about it before - the juicy grapefruit counterbalances the sweet, sweet vanilla really wonderful and gives it an olfactory texture that smells like grapefruit sugar cookies, if this existed.

Another wonderful thing about this scent, VG works really well in warm weather - it was 84 degrees Fahrenheit this morning. No sign of winter here!

This evening, I am wearing Hermessence: Brin de Reglisse by Hermes - the newest Hermessence. Lavender and licorice, with a vegetal top note (celery-ish) and a white chocolate note in the middle notes that is incredible. The ultra low longevity is this scents thorn-in-the-side. I will posting a full review of it on the Mens Board next week.

Post Thanks / Like

...so I am ending the day in AL Wild Blackberry Musk whose ripe berry-ness is sitting nicely on top of the faint remains of the afternoon's figs. Just LUVLUVLUV Gourmands!!

And you guys have made me hungry (sic!) to explore Coppeneur Eau de Cacao (SHAME on you Abigail!!) ...and Bahiana (you too Dee Olive) (meanwhile another BNer has generously offered a sample of a fig we can't get here in the colonies. YAY Basenotes!! )
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    Since Lann-Al eventually wore off, I am in PG's

Un Crime Exotique

THE perfect spicy gourmand.
    Sakecat, I am sorry it didn't work for you, but .... more for me!
    On my skin, it isn't a mere gingerbread concoction. Anise is very prominent and the mate adds a tiny bitter accent, with the other spices blending in so smoothly.... and a splendid apricot-scented floral hint dwells in its heart. Agreed, it isn't an easy scent, especially if one wishes to wear it when it's NOT holiday season. But I have a suspicion it will be my next full bottle from Pierre.
    Notes: Chinese osmanthus, gingerbread, tea, cinnamon, star anise, mate absolute, vanilla sugar, South Sea Island sandalwood.
    LIB - I am SOOOOOOOO jealous!!!!!!!!!
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    ....I may go for this later in the day if and when my current combo of Vanille Abricot ( Coco!!!)
    YAY (back at Tao)

I have read from Luckyscent that Vanille Abricot is a concotion of jackfruit, apricot, papaya, vanilla, and sugar candy. Like Tao, I also think the vanilla has overpowered the fruits. It is super sweet, has super sillage and incredibly super lasting (I can still smell it on my skin after 12 hours). Pity my dad cringed his nose last time he smelled this one me. Oh wellz...
    Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès is the only gourmand that gives me mouth-watering sensation when I smelled it. It makes me crave for dessert in particular apple crumbles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:wave: Taolady.... me spritzes on the last bit of Bahiana and turns the weather channel back on to get news updates on the blizzard tomorrow ...will go to sleep dreaming of Brazil and bright sunlit beaches.........and prolly wake up tomorrow to ice and snow
    Last edited by DeeOlive; 2nd December 2007 at 02:08 AM.
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I received a bottle of Aqualina Chocolovers as a surprise gift this week. I had not ever sniffed it, but my friend thought it would be perfect for me. So, it seemed like a good day to give it a full-on test ...

I love Pink Sugar ... I just feel there is so much more going on than the name would imply. And I can say the same thing for Chocolovers too ... From the orange topnotes to the musky notes in the drydown, there are enough other notes here to keep things interesting. It is sweet, but not cloying. It becomes warm and nutty with a definite malt note. The drydown is still chocolate-y with a creamy musk. Very nice on cool, rainy day like today.

notes include: Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lily of the Valley, Coriander, Hazelnut, Vanilla, Malt, Musks.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I received a bottle of Aqualina Chocolovers as a surprise gift this week. I had not ever sniffed it, but my friend thought it would be perfect for me. So, it seemed like a good day to give it a full-on test ...

I love Pink Sugar ... I just feel there is so much more going on than the name would imply. And I can say the same thing for Chocolovers too ... From the orange topnotes to the musky notes in the drydown, there are enough other notes here to keep things interesting. It is sweet, but not cloying. It becomes warm and nutty with a definite malt note. The drydown is still chocolate-y with a creamy musk. Very nice on cool, rainy day like today.

notes include: Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lily of the Valley, Coriander, Hazelnut, Vanilla, Malt, Musks.
    Oooh sounds yummy!! Nice friend

Today I'm wearing Yves Rocher Noix de Coco.(my first review ever so be kind, I don't have your vocabulary yet) On me it's lush coconut cream, rich, warm, and sweet- but not overly so. It's not suntan lotiony or synthetic to me as I find most coconut scents to be. I believe others would consider it a bit powdery but I percieve it as smoother and deeper somehow, in a way I don't yet know how to describe. It is not a beach scent for me. Rather, it's a cozy, comforting scent, to be worn only in cold weather when you might also prefer to be indoors, curled up in a plush cashmere robe, by a crackling fire, oblivious to the blanket of white outside. A hibernation scent. I like to wear it to bed .There are no other cords that I can detect with my newbie nose, just straight up coconut cream with the slightest dry down of something very slightly woody? This is a scent I wear for me, not for others, although hubby says it's ''yummy- in an innocent but sexy as hell way". I think the sillage is good, though longevity is not the best - but who cares when it's so inexpensive? I think it would be an interesting scent to layer with something spicy.

Post Thanks / Like

I've picked another gourmand for the 2nd - Ava Luxe Madeline - a limited edition (though I guess all her scents are now limited editions...at least until such time as she decides to resume her business). It's a sweet but smoky vanilla with dried fruits and spices. It reminds me of stollen (a Germanic log-shaped fruit cake with marzipan in the middle and icing sugar on the outside).
    It's very nice, but not for everyday. A good comfort scent, perfect for winter evenings at home.

Quote Originally Posted by ahp View Post
    Today I'm wearing Yves Rocher Noix de Coco.(my first review ever so be kind, I don't have your vocabulary yet) On me it's lush coconut cream, rich, warm, and sweet- but not overly so. It's not suntan lotiony or synthetic to me as I find most coconut scents to be. I believe others would consider it a bit powdery but I percieve it as smoother and deeper somehow, in a way I don't yet know how to describe. It is not a beach scent for me. Rather, it's a cozy, comforting scent, to be worn only in cold weather when you might also prefer to be indoors, curled up in a plush cashmere robe, by a crackling fire, oblivious to the blanket of white outside. A hibernation scent. I like to wear it to bed .There are no other cords that I can detect with my newbie nose, just straight up coconut cream with the slightest dry down of something very slightly woody? This is a scent I wear for me, not for others, although hubby says it's ''yummy- in an innocent but sexy as hell way". I think the sillage is good, though longevity is not the best - but who cares when it's so inexpensive? I think it would be an interesting scent to layer with something spicy.
    I enjoyed reading your review. And you can't go wrong with innocent but sexy as hell
    I like your hibernation images...perfect for waking up to the snow, as we are today out here in the east coast US
    --------------------------------------
    Indiscreet, I bought Madeline as a blind buy, and agree, it's a wonderful comfort scent.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 2nd December 2007 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be an interesting scent to layer with something spicy.
    Nice review ahp and a great layering idea.

Hmm, now, what to layer it with...
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Post Thanks / Like

Serge Lutens, Rahat Loukoum

Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum smells so incredibly edible that I am tempted to spritz it on vanilla ice cream or use it as a liqeur. The opening blast of crushed cherry pits and almonds smells like a heavy amaretto syrup. An hour later, the fragrance takes an unexpected turn into a forest or cherry orchard. The next accord is a somewhat rose-tinged, earthy, woody accord with the ghost of faded cherry/almond notes haunting the early moments of the phase. This where the fragrance wins my admiration. The earth accord smells of freshly tilled earth in a cherry orchard following a cold, hard rain.

Overall, Rahat Loukhoum is a well-crafted, beautiful fragrance with truly enrapturing phases. Makes a deliciously divine skin scent. I highly recommend experiencing it.

Notes:cherry pits, almonds, hawthorn, heliotrope, Turkish rose, balsam, tonka bean, aldehydes, white honey, musk and vanilla.

Sprays:5
    Longevity:8-10 hours
    Sillage: Low to Moderate, heart and base accords wear close to my skin.
    RIYL: cherries, almonds, Turkish Delight, the scent of freshly tilled earth in a cherry orchard.

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Today I'm wearing Yves Rocher Noix de Coco.(my first review ever so be kind...
    Bang up first review, ahp! Keep 'em coming!
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Red face Re: >>>Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Dec. 1, 2007>>>GOURMAND

Thanks for the encouraging words y'all, I've got a sampler pack on the way, I bet there will be some spicy yummies to experiment with. Can't wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

Bit late I know, but I have to comment on Hanae Mori. Just so delicious.
    Bilberries, Blackberries, Caramel and Vanilla....
    This is a great comfort scent and yet it's sexy too, in a quiet,understated
    way.

sampling perfumerie generale un crime exotique at the moment, and i have to say it's perhaps the most extreme example of a gourmand scent i've ever experienced.

gingerbread and cinnamon weigh heavy on my nose for the life of the scent, and while i don't get a whole lot of developement the depth of this scent is stunning. it's almost like a gingerbread/cinnamon incense, and remains at all times endlessly edible. finally it dries down to a sweet sandalwood base, still never losing it's cinnamon, and... just wow. i am seriously buying a bottle of this asap.
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors