Code of Conduct

Default TGIF!! SotD Friday 30 November 2007

TGIF!! I'd certainly say so.

Joining Riannon in her private Guerlain week for a day, by wearing Habit Rouge (waving at ComDiva :wave
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Default Re: TGIF!! SotD Friday 30 November 2007

Love Potion No.9

To continue with the Guerlain theme, I am now wearing Insolence

CdG SpicyCocoa

Have a fab Friday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Friday and payday, yippie!!

It's Putain des Palaces for me today. I still find the name's awful, but I have started to appreciate the scent.

Have a lovely day and start looking forward to the weekend!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Can't smell much still - sprayed on a bit of my comfort scent, Hypnotic Poison. Hope this cold goes soon. I was hoping to do some Christmas shopping tomorrow...as it is I'm not even going to work again today. I've had a really bad year for colds and ailments.

Good morning everybody!Today I was in the mood for spices and patchoulie,so ended up with Opium Fleur Imperiale.Think I might have a rather generous silage today,so hope it won't bother my dad later...Anyhow,enjoy your friday folks

Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG View Post
    TGIF!! I'd certainly say so.

Joining Riannon in her private Guerlain week for a day, by wearing Habit Rouge
    This is one of the few times that I will join the choir with TGIF

G, come over for lunch and let me nuzzle your neck
    Oh, delicious Habit Rouge........

Wrapped in the soothing warmth of Guet-Apens

Exactly what I needed.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Citrus Dream by Jalaine for me today.

Soft and orange-y.

TGIF!! But next week is going to be even tougher for me...
    That's why I ordered some samples, just to have to wait for something good...

Angelique Encens for me today.

Have a nice weekend!

Another day with Nuit de Noël.
    Have a great weekend

Man is wearing Himalaya.
    Woman has not yet decided.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I'm faithful to my Carons today but have finally changed from Tabac Blond to Parfum Sacre (going to see a flat and don't want to scare my potential new landlord).
    Hope everyone has a good day
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Caron Le 3me Homme!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Okay, I decided:

Carnal Flower

thanks for the sample, scentemental
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Today is really smelling super !

I'm soothing myself with Ava-Luxe # 23 parfum, over the body lotion.
    It's so softly floral, with a great deal of orris and incense- but subtle enough not to clear the room...

Be well, folks !
    Hope all the ailing feel better soon-

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    ....It's Putain des Palaces for me today. I still find the name's awful, but I have started to appreciate the scent....
    Oh! I am SO glad I am not the only one loving the hussy!! When I get rich and powerful I'm gonna buy a WHOLE bottle!!

Meanwhile, tapped into a generous sample of YSL Nu EDP from the even more generous TWolf and I see what all the noise is about!! Woody, incense-y with an air of mystery and a slumberous smoky floral dry down. And it looks like you can get it for a SONG. All I have to do is build a new room.
    Last edited by TaoLady; 30th November 2007 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Props!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Oh! I am SO glad I am not the only one loving the hussy!! When I get rich and powerful...[/img]
    But hey!, You are ALREADY infinitely rich and powerful, as are we all, but of course YOU 'know' that already my Taoist/Minister/Perfumista/Tea-drinkin'/Great Smellin' pal

Didja enter Otto's game?

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=201213

Today is the LAST DAY to do that, ya know. I just sent in my answers. Had to guess on one of them but Otto PMd me after I sent him the answers by PM that the guess was correct! Ha! Now, if only the other answers are too

XXXKen

Waving back to BrothaG :wave:, you smell gooooooooood! Glad you're enjoying.

TGIF for SURE here. Heading into work to (almost certainly) delay launch of this [expletive] web site overhaul I've been co-managing and losing sleep over and putting in 12-hour work days for. If it doesn't move forward next week, I think I will lose my mind.

Comforting myself in Ava Luxe Sweet Amber Wood.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Thankyouthankyou KBE!! Whadda GREAT game!! Would never have found it.....many thanx!! Gotta go to work but will work on it when I get home. LADIES....give it a try!! TWO HUNDRED BUCK AEDES GIFT CERTIFICATE is worth the time and effort fer SURE!!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Serge Lutens Chypre Rouge

Bulgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Sage Amber. First time from a sample. Starts very head-shoppy but is warming up to a nice smoky, dry amber.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

G'Morning one and all

Today I'm wearing
    Botrytis by Ginestet

HappyHappyHappy
    I looveeee Botrytis!!!!!
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    ...have finally changed from Tabac Blond to Parfum Sacre...
    The two Birds are in harmony.
    I continue in Parfum Sacre today.
    *Waving feathery wing in greeting to my scent sister across the water*

Flowerbomb Extreme
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

Vent Vert - Balmain
    Wishlist is pointless.

SL Borneo 1834 for me today...I seem to be running through my decant of this one awfully quickly. Uh oh

Taking a day off between jobs (and spending quality time arguing with HR about their very idiotic leave policies).

Going bowling with the boys (i.e. involuntary scent testers) this afternoon.

Testing Fifi Chachnil on them today. I love the stuff - but I'll be curious to see what they think. Will update later.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Montale's Blue Amber for me today. It is soothing and mellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Oh! I am SO glad I am not the only one loving the hussy!! When I get rich and powerful I'm gonna buy a WHOLE bottle!!
    And if you don't win the gift certificate, Toms, we could always work on a bottle split?...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Blog Entries

Am tearing out my hair today - yet another trip to Home Depot for plywood and shingles ...kitchen roof is being fixed - it leaks - have decided that people who buy 150 year old houses are crazy.

So in honor of "this old house" dusted off an old neglected bottle of scent and am wearing Ciara

Wow - I had forgotton that this stuff packs a punch...will be trailing sillage in the Home Depot aisles
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

I'm in Samsara today. Perfect for a cold, rainy day. it is such a comforting fragrance.

Trying out Herme's VETIVER TONKA. Very pronounced tonka, and still looking for the vetiver.
    Although I have to say, this one's the edt, so maybe the edp would give us a little more vetiver? Overall, very "pretty" though.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Went hiking with my colleagues today... a few spritzes of the Fleur du Male and I received 2 compliments, he he he...

Basenotes Institution

Rousse by Serge Lutens (from a sample - thanks Leopoldo) - this is my new favorite Lutens.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Rousse by Serge Lutens (from a sample - thanks Leopoldo) - this is my new favorite Lutens.
    It is heavenly!

I'll have what he's having....Rousse for me too today. Great way to get through this friday with SL's cinnamon masterpiece.

Just a wrist test of Fougere Bengale so far; nice dirty fougere- but it goes a bit manly on me without telling me to try it on dh.
    Sending BEMs scuttling back to Betelgeuse with my fierce fumage!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=200749

Polo Black.
    Gary

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Going out for this PM so....Creed Bois du Portugal as SotE. The initial 'got-your-attention!' crisp-tartness evolves into that great woodsy/spice that made it so famous. Love it!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

It's 3:00 in the afternoon and I'm just now getting around to applying scent: Black Orchid dupe--wicked good.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

A full size botle of Or Des Indes arrived today

I have given my long neglected beauty Mitsouko some quality time today.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Have had the most stressful week ever. Thought my dad was dying on Wednesday. He's OK though, and today I celebrated his OK-ness with Prada Infusion D'Iris.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by sakecat22 View Post
    Taking a day off between jobs (and spending quality time arguing with HR about their very idiotic leave policies).

Going bowling with the boys (i.e. involuntary scent testers) this afternoon.

Testing Fifi Chachnil on them today. I love the stuff - but I'll be curious to see what they think. Will update later.
    How do you like Fifi Chacnil, sakecat? I am trying it this evening, too, and am pretty impressed, it's very soft and feminine but with a bit of snap to it that is kind of a turn on.
    Really liking this one. Reminds me a bit of Nanadebery BRONZE.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    And if you don't win the gift certificate, Toms, we could always work on a bottle split?...
    Yer on!!!

Clemmie - scary about your Dad - glad he's OK. Sighs of relief and positive energy coming your way.

Thanks to the divine Zibeline who put me on to the EBay sale I got a whole new bottle of the divine La Rose Jacqueminot and am going to bed in same. Don't have to get up early in the ayem so have plenty of time to cogitate on what to wear for Gourmand Saturday!!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clemmie View Post
    Have had the most stressful week ever. Thought my dad was dying on Wednesday. He's OK though, and today I celebrated his OK-ness with Prada Infusion D'Iris.
    It doesn't get more stressful than that. Wish I could do more than send wishes for good things.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Omnia
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

summer means fireflys

It's been a long day at work today, and I'm on call all weekend but I smell great in Jaipur Homme today!
    I've trademarked the color bleu