Code of Conduct

Default SotD Thursday 29 November

Seems I am the first to post Goodmorning, ladies and gentlemen.
    Another fragrant day is waiting.

Continuing my Guerlain week in two fragrances, "two hearts beating like one"

Chamade extrait and a light spray of Chamade Pour Homme EDT on one wrist.

A great Thursday to you all.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default SotD 29th November 2007

Rise and shine!

Parfums d'Orsay - Etiquette Bleue

EDIT: Riannon posted the same thread 2 minutes ahead of me - please go on there!
    Last edited by BrothaG; 29th November 2007 at 06:46 AM.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Default Re: SotD Thursday 29 November

Well, it seems the A-Team was getting up at the same time You were 2 minutes earlier, R, so I suggest we continue with this thread.

"Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG View Post
    Well, it seems the A-Team was getting up at the same time You were 2 minutes earlier, R, so I suggest we continue with this thread.

Goodmorning my dear HannibalG. We sure do have a psychic link, it seems :bounce:

I have a cold and can hardly smell much - I'm staying home from work!
    Dabbed on some Kiehl's Musk Oil but can only smell a faint soap smell with a hint of musk. Gah.

Good morning, everybody!
    Continuing my love affair with PG L'Oiseau de Nuit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Good morning
    I am wearing Nuit de Noël today

Black Cashmere.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    I have a cold and can hardly smell much - I'm staying home from work!
    Dabbed on some Kiehl's Musk Oil but can only smell a faint soap smell with a hint of musk. Gah.
    oh no! get better soon!
    i wore guess (2005) edp today

Good morning Today is the first day that the sun is behind the horizon/stays so low that you can't see it for a couple of months.The sky is nice and pink now.Was in the mood for Attraction today because I've been neglecting it lately.So that's what I'm wearing now.Poor Indiscreet Hope you feel better soon!And the rest of you,have a wonderful day.

Indiscreet, get well soon. Have some hot lemon or chicken soup.

It is 7:30pm here, and I am still in the office. It must have been my powerscent Jolie Madam, I had a very good appraisal today with my bosses and understood my development needs! Yay!
    :bounce:

Will go home and make potato salad and apple crumble for a company outing for tomorrow. :wave:

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    Good morning Today is the first day that the sun is behind the horizon/stays so low that you can't see it for a couple of months.....
    Wow.

Thanks for re-opening my eyes to what it's like in other parts of the world! (Speaking of eyes.....how we doin'??)

Going forth to EARLY morning massage in Bogart Witness....opens strong with citrus and my fave bergamot - then blossoms into geranium and .....cinnamon!!?? Lotsa patchouli underneath and it lingers forEVER!! (Thanks for the intro, KBE) Bright - sunny - in honor of Inees!!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Heading out to the gym for my spinning class in D&G Light Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Wow.

Thanks for re-opening my eyes to what it's like in other parts of the world! (Speaking of eyes.....how we doin'??)

Going forth to EARLY morning massage in Bogart Witness....opens strong with citrus and my fave bergamot - then blossoms into geranium and .....cinnamon!!?? Lotsa patchouli underneath and it lingers forEVER!! (Thanks for the intro, KBE) Bright - sunny - in honor of Inees!!!
    You're very sweet Taolady My eye is really improving now!!!!Back at work on monday I think.The doctor was pleased with how it looked now.Actually think it would be nice to go back to work again! I tend to be very bad at being bored,I get grumfy:P

Tabac Blond extrait
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Cyprès-Musc by Creed this warmish AM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

GIVENCHY'S PI

Hello, A-team and all!

Face here... now sniffing in delight at Taoloady's description (and KBE's recommendation) of Bogart Witness. Mmmmmm...

Today is DS#2's birthday! Presents await at the bedside on "the big day," and the whole family piles into the birthday person's personal space to begin the celebration and sing...

Keeping the fragrance light today in Van Cleef & Arpel Hiver.

Happy day to everyone!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Blog Entries

Gloomy day here - looks like rain. Needed something lush & warm to cheer me up .
    Wearing Nahema.
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Santa Maria Novella Patchouli

First time from sample. Courtesy of Renee. Thanks!

Today I'm wearing
    Scent by Costume National,

wonder what makes this
    such a soothing scent for me?
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Must de Cartier parfum, going to a meeting arranged by the Nurse Society Organisation this afternoon, lecture first and christmas food served afterwards.

Dior Addict 2 for me today.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Hello, A-team and all!

Face here... now sniffing in delight at Taoloady's description (and KBE's recommendation) of Bogart Witness. Mmmmmm...

Today is DS#2's birthday! Presents await at the bedside on "the big day," and the whole family piles into the birthday person's personal space to begin the celebration and sing...
    ........Happy Birthday to the Junior A-Team member and congratulations to Bear-Sis 'Face'

::now, how many nicknames can you gather here on BN?::

Tabac Blond again!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Wow.

This is what I love about this site - I learn so much about other cultures and am constantly reminded that we are never that far apart.

Wearing Ava Luxe Loukhoum (which, sadly, I can't seem to wear by itself) with CSP Vanille Amande layered heavily on top. The AL seems to ground the CSP and adds some nice dryness and complexity. The combo also seems to amplify the sweet almond note in the CSP.

I'm not much of a combo gal (still too new at this to do it with any confidence), but this one works nicely. And, despite wearing more perfume than usual today, I've received no complaints.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    Good morning Today is the first day that the sun is behind the horizon/stays so low that you can't see it for a couple of months.The sky is nice and pink now.
    Sorry to double post but WOW!!!!!!!
    Mightily impressed by that.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Ineespenes, you have had a hard month.
    I hope the new year brings some improvement.
    And now, you have the darkness to cope with--Northerners are tough people.
    Today, I will wear Parfum Sacre.

It' s raining cats and dogs here (btw; is that a commonly used expression, or just something my old English teacher used to say decades ago??)

Anyhoo, I am wearing Rose Essentielle by Bulgari today.
    It is nice and inoffensive, but for some reason I came to think about rose scents in general, and realized that I really don' t have many frag faves (-if any) where rose is a prominent note.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Lime, Basil & Mandarin - Jo Malone
    Wishlist is pointless.

Chinatown.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

Sampling two more scents from my "stash" from Dimples. Thanks! :wave:

L'eau d italie's BOIS d' OMBRIE and SIENNE d' HIVER.

"Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

I think I'll wear SL Cedre this morning.

Everyone have a good day!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by musse View Post
    It' s raining cats and dogs here (btw; is that a commonly used expression, or just something my old English teacher used to say decades ago??)
    I think it's still commonly used, but then I'm as old as you are , so I may not be the one to say.

Took a break from work, took a good, scrubby shower and applied Ambre Narguile along with a little L'Eau de Navigateur. Mmmmmm.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Eau Lente by Diptyque (2nd time sampling - thanks rentboy)
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Still hear the cats and dogs, all the time here, but largely by those over 40.

Went to dentist to finish of the crown, wore AL Johri, like this one a lot.

Wearing LHB tonight

Whether I like it or not, I am wearing 31 Rue Cambon. I do like it, but had not meant to wear it today.

Let me take this opportunity to bash Chanel for this piece of user hostile design. The bottle, while stately and monumental is not hand friendly. I do not have tiny hands. I can’t wear “one size fits all” gloves. I wear a women’s large or men’s medium. This bottle might be comfortable for someone with the paws of a bear. (DS1 comes to mind and I’m just not seeing him in exclusive Chanels.) And the combination of size and concentration is difficult. Being an edt, refreshing it mid-day is warranted. This is not a purse spray and this is designed to make it bloody difficult to get into a purse spray. The bottle is difficult to grasp and the spray is generous and wide angled. Let’s hear it for the thoughtful houses that package bottles that can be switched at will for splashing, spraying and transferring.
    Sending BEMs scuttling back to Betelgeuse with my fierce fumage!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=200749

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Le Baiser du Dragon today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Off to evening Tai Chi in Trussardi L'Uomo Thanx KBE!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Thanks to Taolady's ShareWear Program: Miller Harris Geranium Bourbon as SotE "a rich rose fragrance with notes of cassis berries, lemon, geranium and Turkish rose".

Windows wide open after sundown.. balmy 76 F outside.. light breeze gently wafting in the incredible scent of night blooming jasmine ..the flowers literally dripping with scent
    Last edited by kbe; 29th November 2007 at 10:39 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I had an early Doctors appointment.....went with Polo Black.
    Gary

Aveda Sandalwood
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Wore Michael Storer's Genevieve to work today. I like very much! Starts out as tangy, juicy roses, very fruity, but dries down extremely powdery, elegant, and self-assured.

Now am testing Sage Onyx oil. Nice. I get a warm milky, coconut (with something that reminds me of AL Milk and you all know how I feel about that!) and some light musk. I like it but I feel like it needs a little more ooomph!
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood