Code of Conduct

Default Hard-to-find Italian fragrances

Does anyone have any recommendations/thoughts for fragrances created by Italian perfumers whose products are not readily available in the US (e.g., cannot be purchased through LuckyScent, the LV/SMN US site, etc.) that one would take the opportunity to purchase "when in Rome"? For example, one may take the opportunity to purchase C&S, the "T's", etc. in London or EdPs of Guerlains in Paris. I understand that Mazzolari may not be available outside of Milan, but Domenico Caraceni? (I have emails in to both, but have yet to receive a response).

My assistant is traveling to Rome for a month in December/January. I would like to seize upon the opportunity to have her pick up a couple of hard-to-find Italian fragrances.

Thanks in advance,

c.1905
    Last edited by Circa1905; 29th November 2007 at 04:25 PM. Reason: to bring forth the post's true purpose

Default Re: Hard-to-find Italian fragrances

You can find Mazzolari fragrances at www.luckyscent.com.

I don´t know if the Lauro Tonnato line is available in the US but you might check the line: http://www.lauratonatto.com/indexin.html

I had a decant of Albi and it was absolutely great. Unfortunately it´s gone and at least in Germany the line it´s not available and as far as I know there´s no European online retailer it.

Christian
    Last edited by costello; 29th November 2007 at 05:19 PM.
    Guerlain: Après L´ondée - Chanel: Cuir de Russie - Dior: Dior Homme - Divine: L´homme de coeur - Caron: Le 3me homme
    ---------------------------

"Tra il fiore colto e l’ altro donato / l’ inesprimibile nulla" Giuseppe Ungaretti

I am not sure of what is available in the US as i have never visited.

I can recommend however, several scents or fragrance houses that are distinctly Italian.

Carthusia: www.carthusia.it (I am in love with Carthusia Uomo), and Rancé 1795: www.rance1795.com (whom have historical ties to France). I might recommend "Le Vainqueur" from their mens range.

Good luck!

Among the more prominent Italian houses, there's not much that is not available through various web outlets in the US. Thanks for the recommendations so far--for hidden gems and otherwise.

c.1905

Recently I've been very impressed with the Nobile 1942 line (their Pontevecchio W is on my wishlist). You can read fine reviews on helg's perfumeshrine blog.
    The men's scents are called Pontevecchio and Vespriesperidati.
    Also the new E.Marinella scent Ambra Royale is noteworthy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

i have a hard to find italian fragance from Milano call Otelo (for swap)

here the spot http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=5TLQAUI1DtI
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89

Basenotes Institution

Agree with Dmitri on the Carthusia line. And well...Santa Maria Novella, of course.

I heard i Profumi di Firenze fragrances are a *lot* less expensive in Italy compared to what they are sold for here in the US. They won't ship directly to us for the cheaper price because of an agreement with their distributer. Beautyhabit carries the line for about twice you can get it for over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry_Martini View Post
    i have a hard to find italian fragance from Milano call Otelo (for swap)
    Serious responses only--no piss-takes!

Post Re: Hard-to-find Italian fragrances

I would recommend Amerigo Vespucci. Love this scent and it is not available here in the States nor have I seen it on any fragrance website.
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

Don't know that much about Rome (white just ask to know about Milan, seriously lol), but I guess tripping around she will find many things around...
    What I can tell you is to take a look to the Rome guide in the City guides section, great advices there.

Talking Re: Hard-to-find Italian fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by Circa1905 View Post
    Serious responses only--no piss-takes!

In Spain we have a saying: "La ignorancia es muy atrevida"
    Last edited by Dry_Martini; 30th November 2007 at 05:38 PM.
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89