Code of Conduct

Default Another gift post...

Hi!
    Sorry, you must get sick of these!

I'm looking at getting my girlfriend some perfume for christmas, a fairly risque move if you ask me!! I was wondering if you could give me some help - she doesn't like Gucci Rush (she said it's too sweet? probably isn't even sweet hah!!) and her favourite is Issey Miyake. I don't want to ask furthermore incase I raise suspicion. I know it's not much to go on but any suggestions feel free!!

Oh and I'm looking to spend up to ~£45.

Thanks

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Another gift post...

Samples, my dear boy, buy her an entire bouquet of high-end samples wrapped in ribbon. There is no chance in "hello" that you're going to find the perfect fragrance with one roll of the dice. Just imagine her opening a package containing a beautiful cut-glass dish brimming with 15 different fragrances to enjoy over and over. Fifteen different experiences available within more than 45 applications. There is no better way than this to find out what she likes.

Now, I'll rely on the girls over on your side of the puddle to chime in and tell you where you can order samples. You can ask the shopkeep to help you select what's most popular.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

If you want to go the sample route, that's always a great idea. I have the ones I use the most sitting in a little cut glass rose bowl. Or you could make a date of it and choose one together. L'Eau D'Issey is a fresh watery floral with lotus blossoms, for reference.

I think you'd be safe getting her a miniature gift set from Bvlgari, she'd probably like most of those and minis are fun to play with.

She also might like these...

MARC JACOBS RAIN (my first thought and Sephora lists it in the same category as L'Eau D'Issey)

Wet Cut Grass, Wild Strawberry, Clementine Zest, Dewy Cypress, Tropical Rain Accord, Passion Flower, Sunshine Flower, White Orchid, Beech Amber, Musk, Tree Moss, Teak Wood.

BVLGARI OMNIA CRYSTALLINE

Bamboo, Japanese Pear, Lotus Flower, Balsa Wood.

VERA WANG TRULY PINK

Freesia, Cassis, Lychee Blossom, Peony, Pink Rose, Woods, Iris, Violet.

D&G FEMININE

Tangerine, Green Pear, Water Lily, Mimosa, Wisteria, Musk, Vanilla Bean, Sandalwood.

ALFRED SUNG PARADISE

Tropical Greens, White Peach, Night Blooming Jasmine, Gardenia, Rose, Vanilla, Sandalwood and Musk.
    Last edited by beachroses; 6th December 2007 at 04:19 AM.

The dislike of Rush might say that she isn't into spices and patchouli.
    That would exclude a whole lot of scents.

Try Kenzo's Eau d'Eté (first choice, a bit similar in character to L'Eau d'Issey), kenzo's Summer (lots of mimosa here) or L'Eau par Kenzo (VERY clean, watery and a bit weak).
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by beachroses View Post

DOLCE & GABANNA FEMININE

Tangerine, Green Pear, Water Lily, Mimosa, Wisteria, Musk, Vanilla Bean, Sandalwood.
    You mean D&G Feminine (the clear bottle with the round silver top), attention, do not mix it up with the red square-capped Dolce&Gabanna feminine!!

Also D&G Light Blue feminine would be another good idea!
    Last edited by lillie; 5th December 2007 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
    Edgar Allan Poe

http://perfumum.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lillie View Post
    You mean D&G Feminine (the clear bottle with the round silver top), attention, do not mix it up with the red square-capped Dolce&Gabanna feminine!!
    I corrected it, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post

Now, I'll rely on the girls over on your side of the puddle to chime in and tell you where you can order samples. You can ask the shopkeep to help you select what's most popular.
    Les Senteurs for high end niche samples!

http://shop.lessenteurs.com/index.ht...2P2OEaeHHCWYU=

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...