Code of Conduct

Default 8th Bnotes awards

so, for the women's frags what are your favorites?

for me they would be:

Best new fragrance for women:
    the top 6 would be something like this: (in no order)

Carolina Herrera's CH
    Chanel's Coromandel
    Chanel's 31 Rue Cambon
    EL's Azurée Soleil
    EL's Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia
    Balmain's La Môme (HUGELY underrated and never talked about here!!!)

Best Celebrity Frag:

Gwen Stefani's L
    SJP's Covet
    Christina Aguilera's ChistinaA

Best Mass market frag:

it's gotta be Rouge by Lacroix-Avon

what am I missing?

Default Re: 8th Bnotes awards

I have to ask something - and it will demonstrate what a dummy I am, I'm afraid.
    I know there are some categories specifically asking about 'best new' scents, but in the other sections can I vote for anything, even if it's ancient?
    Thanks
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    I have to ask something - and it will demonstrate what a dummy I am, I'm afraid.
    I know there are some categories specifically asking about 'best new' scents, but in the other sections can I vote for anything, even if it's ancient?
    Thanks
    I think so, going by past awards. I did.

And castorpollux, don't forget Prada's Infusion d'Iris

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

It's too hard for me. I'd be guessing by other people's reviews, because I haven't tried most of the new scents, so I'm staying out of it.

I also struggled to fill out the questionnaire with totally new 2007 scent releases, so I went back and looked over past results and found fragrances listed from past and present. I then changed my answers to cover a broad spectrum of scents. Im glad to read several others did also.

yeah, they'd have to give us a list of the year's releases to even give us a chance to consider what there was. let alone having sniffed them.

and beachroses, you could always leave the two or four answers blank that require knowledge of 2007 releases. That way you'd still be able to vote, and more importantly, be entered in the contest for the gift certificate. I like basenotes contests with gift certificate prizes. :

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

It's tricky for me as my favourites of the new fragrances are unisex. Hrmm.

Thanks for the suggestions, I went ahead and filled one out, naming a "best new scent" based on the number of people I saw buying and enjoying one in particular, which stood out to me.

Seriously though,. the three new fragrances I liked enough to buy this year are all unisex. Where do I vote for them? Male? Female? There's no unisex section.

Regarding unisex: I think the survey selects gender for you based on what you reported. I think it makes sense to grade them under your own identified gender.