Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    MFfan310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Another Narciso Rodriguez thread: "This stuff is going to sell like hotcakes!"

    Those weren't my words... those were the words of the local Beaute Prestige International rep!

    Anyhoo, here's the full story. I was at Macy's today, I ran into the B.P.I. rep, and I asked her if the Fort Wayne store would ever be getting the Narciso Rodriguez fragrances. As you may know, she's been begging B.P.I. for nearly two years to get Narciso Rodriguez For Her into her store, as customers keep asking for it (with enough requests to fill up a Boeing 747), and the nearest store that carries it is an hour and a half away. But her wish is about to be fulfilled early next year, as both Narciso Rodriguez For Her and Narciso Rodriguez For Him will be available at this particular Macy's then, just in time for Valentine's Day!

    Still, she hadn't sniffed Narciso Rodriguez For Him yet despite the fact she works for B.P.I., as it's still exclusive to Saks, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, and Neiman Marcus until January (when it hits Sephora and selected Macy's stores)... but it turns out that it was my SOTD! She sniffed it on me, and she said from the smell alone, it was going to be a big hit at her store.

    Oh, and one more thing: She has pretty darn good taste in fragrances... not just in B.P.I's products, but in other brands, too.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Another Narciso Rodriguez thread: "This stuff is going to sell like hotcakes!"

    I like Narciso Rodriguez For Her, it's just what i've been looking for in an every day musk. I just won a 100ml bottle of the edp on ebay an hour or so ago for £20

  3. #3
    gupts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    S/E suburb
    Posts
    3,922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Another Narciso Rodriguez thread: "This stuff is going to sell like hotcakes!"

    I bought Narciso Rodriguez blind on ebay the other day and its on its way. I was at Myers yesterday and tried some....and i knew straightaway where mine was going.....back on ebay ofcourse.....I was out with 4 friends and all of them 'hated' it....My opinion was no different....was it the 'fecal' note combined with patchouli...i dont know but it just didnt work for me.....


    gupts

  4. #4

    Default Re: Another Narciso Rodriguez thread: "This stuff is going to sell like hotcakes!"

    I personally LOVE NR for Him and own a bottle, but I highly doubt it's going to sell like hot-cakes. Its, in the general non-basenoters public eyes, too much of a "weird" fragrance to be a huge hit.
    I feel its going to only be reserved for the select with an appreciation for a unique, fine fragrance.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Another Narciso Rodriguez thread: "This stuff is going to sell like hotcakes!"

    I wasn't too impressed when I smelled NR Him, but I have to give it the benefit of the doubt considering how much sniffing I was doing that day. I'll have to hunt down a sample and give it a proper wearing.

  6. #6

    thebeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Biggest Little City
    Posts
    2,756
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Another Narciso Rodriguez thread: "This stuff is going to sell like hotcakes!"

    Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    Those weren't my words... those were the words of the local Beaute Prestige International rep!

    Anyhoo, here's the full story. I was at Macy's today, I ran into the B.P.I. rep, and I asked her if the Fort Wayne store would ever be getting the Narciso Rodriguez fragrances. As you may know, she's been begging B.P.I. for nearly two years to get Narciso Rodriguez For Her into her store, as customers keep asking for it (with enough requests to fill up a Boeing 747), and the nearest store that carries it is an hour and a half away. But her wish is about to be fulfilled early next year, as both Narciso Rodriguez For Her and Narciso Rodriguez For Him will be available at this particular Macy's then, just in time for Valentine's Day!

    Still, she hadn't sniffed Narciso Rodriguez For Him yet despite the fact she works for B.P.I., as it's still exclusive to Saks, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, and Neiman Marcus until January (when it hits Sephora and selected Macy's stores)... but it turns out that it was my SOTD! She sniffed it on me, and she said from the smell alone, it was going to be a big hit at her store.

    Oh, and one more thing: She has pretty darn good taste in fragrances... not just in B.P.I's products, but in other brands, too.
    I can't figure out how anyone can enjoy this drugsore wannabe frag.

  7. #7
    LiveJazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,894
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Another Narciso Rodriguez thread: "This stuff is going to sell like hotcakes!"

    Quote Originally Posted by MdGrwl View Post
    I personally LOVE NR for Him and own a bottle, but I highly doubt it's going to sell like hot-cakes. Its, in the general non-basenoters public eyes, too much of a "weird" fragrance to be a huge hit.
    I feel its going to only be reserved for the select with an appreciation for a unique, fine fragrance.
    I agree with you. Finally had the chance to smell it today at Saks. It has a STRONG violet leaf note, and is generally not something one would expect to smell from a designer. So I was pleasantly surprised because I like violet leaf notes and usually you have to go niche to find them. Glad to see another designer on the right track with fragrances. However, I don't see it having much of a mass appeal.

    Does anyone know well its selling compared to other recent releases?

    PS, I get a very strong connection between NR and Bond no. 9 Bleecker Street. Has anyone else noticed this? It's probably just that both have strong violet leaf notes, but it seems like there's more in common than that...does anyone know NR's notes that aren't listed in the directory, or would you care to guess? The tops of these two are amazingly similar, but NR goes more oriental in the drydown than Bleecker.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 30th November 2007 at 11:56 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

  8. #8
    gupts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    S/E suburb
    Posts
    3,922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Another Narciso Rodriguez thread: "This stuff is going to sell like hotcakes!"

    Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I can't figure out how anyone can enjoy this drugsore wannabe frag.
    I cannot agree more.....

    When i tried it, it became difficult for me to continue to wear it...but i thought maybe it would change
    and something pleasant would emerge....but nothing....

  9. #9
    LiveJazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,894
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Another Narciso Rodriguez thread: "This stuff is going to sell like hotcakes!"

    Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    I cannot agree more.....

    When i tried it, it became difficult for me to continue to wear it...but i thought maybe it would change
    and something pleasant would emerge....but nothing....
    So do you haters think that it's offensive and smells bad, or that it's just not that interesting. Because if you're thinking the latter, I agree with you a little. The drydown turns rather bland. Just some simple amber. I don't get patchouli...or much of anything else really. Just transparent amber. A pity after such a stellar opening. Still, enough of the evolution was pleasing and interesting enough to warrant further consideration.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

  10. #10
    bashful_in_newyork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Manhattan, NYC
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Another Narciso Rodriguez thread: "This stuff is going to sell like hotcakes!"

    I'm glad that I caught this thread. I thought I was the only one who thought that NR for her just doesn't work. On me, it reminded me of mothballs and a dusty old attic (sorry for all you faithfuls!!). However, I keep seeing so many raves about it here...I thought there was something wrong with me. Glad to see that there are others that felt the same way!!

Similar Threads

  1. narciso rodriguez for him -Good Stuff!
    By scentimus in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 28th September 2007, 03:08 AM
  2. Narciso Rodriguez For Him Oil Parfum - musk 50ml
    By gregmech26 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15th September 2007, 08:21 PM
  3. Yay and Nay: Narciso Rodriguez for Him and Creed VIW
    By MFfan310 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23rd August 2007, 04:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •