Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Another Narciso Rodriguez thread: "This stuff is going to sell like hotcakes!"

Those weren't my words... those were the words of the local Beaute Prestige International rep!

Anyhoo, here's the full story. I was at Macy's today, I ran into the B.P.I. rep, and I asked her if the Fort Wayne store would ever be getting the Narciso Rodriguez fragrances. As you may know, she's been begging B.P.I. for nearly two years to get Narciso Rodriguez For Her into her store, as customers keep asking for it (with enough requests to fill up a Boeing 747), and the nearest store that carries it is an hour and a half away. But her wish is about to be fulfilled early next year, as both Narciso Rodriguez For Her and Narciso Rodriguez For Him will be available at this particular Macy's then, just in time for Valentine's Day!

Still, she hadn't sniffed Narciso Rodriguez For Him yet despite the fact she works for B.P.I., as it's still exclusive to Saks, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, and Neiman Marcus until January (when it hits Sephora and selected Macy's stores)... but it turns out that it was my SOTD! She sniffed it on me, and she said from the smell alone, it was going to be a big hit at her store.

Oh, and one more thing: She has pretty darn good taste in fragrances... not just in B.P.I's products, but in other brands, too.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Default Re: Another Narciso Rodriguez thread: "This stuff is going to sell like hotcakes!"

I like Narciso Rodriguez For Her, it's just what i've been looking for in an every day musk. I just won a 100ml bottle of the edp on ebay an hour or so ago for £20

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Another Narciso Rodriguez thread: "This stuff is going to sell like hotcakes!"

I bought Narciso Rodriguez blind on ebay the other day and its on its way. I was at Myers yesterday and tried some....and i knew straightaway where mine was going.....back on ebay ofcourse.....I was out with 4 friends and all of them 'hated' it....My opinion was no different....was it the 'fecal' note combined with patchouli...i dont know but it just didnt work for me.....

gupts

I personally LOVE NR for Him and own a bottle, but I highly doubt it's going to sell like hot-cakes. Its, in the general non-basenoters public eyes, too much of a "weird" fragrance to be a huge hit.
    I feel its going to only be reserved for the select with an appreciation for a unique, fine fragrance.

I wasn't too impressed when I smelled NR Him, but I have to give it the benefit of the doubt considering how much sniffing I was doing that day. I'll have to hunt down a sample and give it a proper wearing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    Those weren't my words... those were the words of the local Beaute Prestige International rep!

Anyhoo, here's the full story. I was at Macy's today, I ran into the B.P.I. rep, and I asked her if the Fort Wayne store would ever be getting the Narciso Rodriguez fragrances. As you may know, she's been begging B.P.I. for nearly two years to get Narciso Rodriguez For Her into her store, as customers keep asking for it (with enough requests to fill up a Boeing 747), and the nearest store that carries it is an hour and a half away. But her wish is about to be fulfilled early next year, as both Narciso Rodriguez For Her and Narciso Rodriguez For Him will be available at this particular Macy's then, just in time for Valentine's Day!

Still, she hadn't sniffed Narciso Rodriguez For Him yet despite the fact she works for B.P.I., as it's still exclusive to Saks, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, and Neiman Marcus until January (when it hits Sephora and selected Macy's stores)... but it turns out that it was my SOTD! She sniffed it on me, and she said from the smell alone, it was going to be a big hit at her store.

Oh, and one more thing: She has pretty darn good taste in fragrances... not just in B.P.I's products, but in other brands, too.
    I can't figure out how anyone can enjoy this drugsore wannabe frag.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MdGrwl View Post
    I personally LOVE NR for Him and own a bottle, but I highly doubt it's going to sell like hot-cakes. Its, in the general non-basenoters public eyes, too much of a "weird" fragrance to be a huge hit.
    I feel its going to only be reserved for the select with an appreciation for a unique, fine fragrance.
    I agree with you. Finally had the chance to smell it today at Saks. It has a STRONG violet leaf note, and is generally not something one would expect to smell from a designer. So I was pleasantly surprised because I like violet leaf notes and usually you have to go niche to find them. Glad to see another designer on the right track with fragrances. However, I don't see it having much of a mass appeal.

Does anyone know well its selling compared to other recent releases?

PS, I get a very strong connection between NR and Bond no. 9 Bleecker Street. Has anyone else noticed this? It's probably just that both have strong violet leaf notes, but it seems like there's more in common than that...does anyone know NR's notes that aren't listed in the directory, or would you care to guess? The tops of these two are amazingly similar, but NR goes more oriental in the drydown than Bleecker.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 30th November 2007 at 11:56 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I can't figure out how anyone can enjoy this drugsore wannabe frag.
    I cannot agree more.....

When i tried it, it became difficult for me to continue to wear it...but i thought maybe it would change
    and something pleasant would emerge....but nothing....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    I cannot agree more.....

When i tried it, it became difficult for me to continue to wear it...but i thought maybe it would change
    and something pleasant would emerge....but nothing....
    So do you haters think that it's offensive and smells bad, or that it's just not that interesting. Because if you're thinking the latter, I agree with you a little. The drydown turns rather bland. Just some simple amber. I don't get patchouli...or much of anything else really. Just transparent amber. A pity after such a stellar opening. Still, enough of the evolution was pleasing and interesting enough to warrant further consideration.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad that I caught this thread. I thought I was the only one who thought that NR for her just doesn't work. On me, it reminded me of mothballs and a dusty old attic (sorry for all you faithfuls!!). However, I keep seeing so many raves about it here...I thought there was something wrong with me. Glad to see that there are others that felt the same way!!