Code of Conduct

Default Parfum d'Empire Iskander - Your opinion?

Hey everyone,

Need your honest opinion. I am at a point to be really picky in terms of buying new scents. However, I am intrigued by the review of this and I want to take advantage of the 25% off at Beauty Habit (last day for discount is November 30 I think). Good blind buy / bottle worthy? Please take a look at my wardrobe. I don't really want to have "duplicate" scent. Your comments are much appreciated.

Off-Scenter

Default Re: Parfum d'Empire Iskander - Your opinion?

Great stuff - and I'm no big fan of citrus scents. Then again, you probably read my review...

compared this one wrist to wrist with Cuir Ottoman at the Scent Bar in LA. I went back and forth for 30 minutes. I finally chose CO but you can absolutely not go wrong with either.

I own it and love it. The opening citrus notes are quite nice, dominated by lemon and lime (I wish I was near my bottle to refresh my memory here...). Once it settles into the basenote endgame, it develops into something approaching the characteristic Creed house note (ambergris?) which lasts for hours, on me at least. All in all, a rich and long-lasting fragrance on me, with a fair amount of development to keep it interesting. I'm not sure about the comparison to Cuir Ottoman; I don't detect any leather in Iskander. Two completely different scents, to me at least.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Snafoo View Post
    I own it and love it. The opening citrus notes are quite nice, dominated by lemon and lime (I wish I was near my bottle to refresh my memory here...). Once it settles into the basenote endgame, it develops into something approaching the characteristic Creed house note (ambergris?) which lasts for hours, on me at least. All in all, a rich and long-lasting fragrance on me, with a fair amount of development to keep it interesting. I'm not sure about the comparison to Cuir Ottoman; I don't detect any leather in Iskander. Two completely different scents, to me at least.
    What he said!, a very good description indeed.
    It's a feel good citrus, musk scent, and yet differend enough to warant a purchase. And it lasts good also. Maybe better for warmer days.
    Cuir Ottoman is a really nice leather scent, smooth and nice and a bit more interesting, if you like leather.

Thanks guys.
    Steve offered up a bottle on the buy & sell forum.
    Bought it based on the recommendations here. Eagerly waiting for it in the mail. Just hope customs won't do a good job in screening it out......