Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Multiple Choice - In the export line, what are your favorite Serge Lutens?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • A La Nuit

11 9.82%
  • Ambre Sultan

49 43.75%
  • Arabie

28 25.00%
  • Cedre

20 17.86%
  • Chypre Rouge

14 12.50%
  • Clair de Musc

1 0.89%
  • Daim Blond

31 27.68%
  • Datura Noir

8 7.14%
  • Douce Amere

19 16.96%
  • Feminite du Bois (Shiseido)

20 17.86%
  • Fleurs d'Citronnier

3 2.68%
  • Fleurs d'Oranger

13 11.61%
  • Gris Clair

35 31.25%
  • Miel de Bois

13 11.61%
  • Rousse

10 8.93%
  • Sa Majeste La Rose

17 15.18%
  • Santal Blanc

6 5.36%
  • Un Bois Vanille

11 9.82%
  • Un Lys

9 8.04%
  • Vetiver Oriental

24 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Choose Several - What are your favorite Serge Lutens from the Export line?

THIS IS A MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL - VOTE FOR 1 OR ALL 20.

YOU CAN ONLY VOTE ONCE, BUT WHEN YOU DO - YOU CAN VOTE FOR AS MANY AS YOU LIKE!

Hi!

I asked for help earlier this week in formulating a poll for our favorite Serge Lutens.

simisker had an excellent idea - to split it into two polls - export and non-export. Thanks!

Let's start with the export fragrances. Aedes de Venustas and Luckyscent offer the same 20 fragrances. Several people also expressed the desire to include the first Lutens - Feminite du Bois by Shiseido.

There is a maximum of twenty choices in a poll and, if I don't use up a choice for 'Other', that means only one has to be left off the list.

Louve was not requested by anyone so it was excluded. If that is one of your favorites, please reply to this thread so that it can be counted!

Thanks for everybody's input!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Default Re: Choose Several - What are your favorite Serge Lutens from the Export line?

Their Christmas Special - distribution of one perfume from the Paris base as 50 ml 'Export' in December - I saw Chêne on one counter the other day. Is that the Xmas one for 2007?
    Last year it was Fumerie Turque, but it is still sold wherever the exports are sold over here. I have come to think FT may be a regular item now.

error in the percent - formula
    Last edited by narcus; 1st December 2007 at 06:28 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Default Re: Choose Several - What are your favorite Serge Lutens from the Export line?

what I like about this is that it makes me realize just how many of Serge Lutens fragrances are my favoirtes. I voted for eleven, thinking this is ridiculous, I should narrow it down, and then deciding, no, I love them all that much!
    Last edited by rtamara41; 1st December 2007 at 05:37 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I voted but did restrain myself to seven only. That's less than the exports I own
    Narcus, the percentage formula is correct, but since it is based on the number of voters and each voter could select more than one scent, the percentage results are completely false, i.e. they don't sum up to 100
    Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 1st December 2007 at 06:16 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

I just voted for Fleurs d'Citronnier which is what I would choose if everything in this line didn't turn foul on my skin. I've seen many people mention the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    [center][COLOR=DARKBLUE] Aedes de Venustas and Luckyscent offer the same 20 fragrances.
    Oh reeeeeeeeally... (see otto's basenotes quiz thread)

I voted for A La Nuit. I've only sniffed 7 so far though. Miel de Bois made me feel vomitous and I had to go lie down.
    Last edited by MiaKulpa; 1st December 2007 at 10:38 PM.

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

Yes, Chêne is this year's limited export. If FT is available at most counters where you are, buy several and sell them on ebay - they fetch high prices from North Americans who missed out or ran out!

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    Their Christmas Special - distribution of one perfume from the Paris base as 50 ml 'Export' in December - I saw Chêne on one counter the other day. Is that the Xmas one for 2007?
    Last year it was Fumerie Turque, but it is still sold wherever the exports are sold over here. I have come to think FT may be a regular item now.

error in the percent - formula
    Whoah, Ambre Sultan is really whuppin' ass!

It's the best selling Lutens in the real world too. That surprises me since it's not a super "easy" scent.

Vetiver Oriental (which should be on the other list as it was only a limited export in 2005) is doing surprisingly well given how many bad reviews it gets here.
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 2nd December 2007 at 02:44 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Only Vetyver Oriental for me. It's the only one that really does anything for me.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Gris Clair
    Ambre Sultan

Bump

Ambre Sultan
    Datura Noir
    Vetiver Oriental - not part of the export line actually - part of the limited-export collection

Vetiver Oriental

DeepSilence

Gris Claire
    Ambre Sultan
    Sa Majeste La Rose

Bah all the SL's I've tried so far have ranged from great to amazing. How can you choose!?

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    what I like about this is that it makes me realize just how many of Serge Lutens fragrances are my favoirtes. I voted for eleven, thinking this is ridiculous, I should narrow it down, and then deciding, no, I love them all that much!
    I seem to have a similar problem. I find more Serge Lutens I love than hate.
    - Expect the unexpected

Basenotes Institution

I voted for seven . My fave at this moment is Gris Clair though.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

A la Nuit, Douce Amere, possibly Chergui.

Thumbs up Re: Choose Several - What are your favorite Serge Lutens from the Export line?

Gris Clair
    Ambre Sultan
    Arabie
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

wheres my favourite Fumerie Turque, MKK, Chergui ?
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

where is chergui