Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Today I bought... (for December 2007)

Whee! Looks like I'm kicking off this month, though the purchase what not for myself, but for my darling man. He's never much been into fragrance, but a while back I got him a few samples and turned out he liked Virgin Island Water. So I've got him a small bottle of that and the nice man at Harrods threw in a few samples for me too (I guess having a loyalty card is worth something, then!)

Default Re: Today I bought... (for December 2007)

Organza Indecence. Found a great deal online.

1 Dec 2007 - I bought a bottle of 50ml Serge Luten's Louve and they also gave me a 15ml Daim Blond as a gift with purchase. YAY

I have ordered a bottle of 8.5oz Angélique Encens and a bottle of 50ml Blue Sugar. I was told that they have a bit of problem with the transaction. I need to call the States and fix the problem on a business day.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Aramis 900 from Nearfantastica on the Basenotes Items For Sale Forum
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Vent Vert, Lolita Lempicka, and RL Blue (for women)

I bought Balmain's Ivoire for $14.99 at Marshall's. Yay me!

I also won a $200 gift certificate to Aedes in Otto's basenotes contest on the men's board, but undecided about what to choose. This will be fun. ::rubs hands together like Mr. Burns on The Simpsons::
    Last edited by MiaKulpa; 1st December 2007 at 10:03 PM.

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

Blog Entries

A back-up bottle of Mille et Une Rose because I dreamed the Perfume Goddess whispered in my ear that this frag might just disappear. A hunch based on no facts - call it intuition

85 mls of Fifi Chachnil in the pretty pink bottle...this scent has entirely captivated me. It's feminine in the extreme, with a bit of snap to it. Sort of like Tabac Blond in reverse? Tabac Blond is leather and high heel boots, Fifi is pale pink chiffon ....with stilettos and a garter belt. Why am I relating the two? Is it the leather notes that are dominant in Tabac Blond, more subtle in the Fifi, but decidedly present? And the way they make me feel.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Well I broke down and bought Bvlgari Rose Essentielle online got it for 24.00 for the 100ml size. I could no longer resist this one as it is limited and I fear it will vanish...not without me getting a bottle it won't!

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    Well I broke down and bought Bvlgari Rose Essentielle online got it for 24.00 for the 100ml size. I could no longer resist this one as it is limited and I fear it will vanish...not without me getting a bottle it won't!
    That is such a beauty, Zibeline, I can still remember the first time I sampled this one, it brought tears to my eyes, and made me feel open and soft in a very disconcerting manner right there in the middle of the department store!

congratulations.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Jicky PdT & Je Reviens Couture

I bought DKNY Delicious Night yesterday. I smelled some of the Hermes perfumes and I think I may be getting a couple of them as well. It was so funny because the salesguy kept asking me had a tried this and that. Everyone he asked about I told him I had that. He laughed.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

I received my Immortelle l"Amour today - purplebird, I can see why you are smitten with Ayala Moriel...the flacon is exquisite.
    Alongside it came the tea, I drank a cup tonight with two of my children, it is marvelous. I had it unsweetened, my daughter used honey. The canister suggests using a bit of maple syrup and milk or cream. seriously yummy, folks. Tea drinkers, you NEED this!

A 3/4 full bottle of Fracas for $16.50. Haven't tried it, excited!
    Last edited by bernat; 4th December 2007 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bernat View Post
    A 3/4 full bottle of Fracas for $16.50. Haven't tried it, excited!
    I just got a bottle of Fracas recently and find it very addicting! The feared SILAGE MONSTER effect was not that present on my skin

Today I got Bois d'Iris by Different Company.
    Amazing - This is the perfect iris fragrance for me
    A superbly blended mix - I can't stop sniffing!

I think I have to be in a "Iris-mode" this fall. I already has got Hiris (gosh ..), and I'm waiting for L'Instant Iris Millesime. Of course I have my old beauty Vol de Nuit as well.

I just placed an order over the phone for 2oz of Midnight Tryst parfum
    Thank you Neil Morris and David Garten!!

Received Une Folie de Rose by Parfums de Rosine yesterday...wore it today like a delicious veil...ooohhhhhhh!!

1.7oz Lucien Lelong's Pour Femme EDP

Aromascope's review of the scent:
    http://www.aromascope.com/wp/2007/05...xotic-perfume/
    Last edited by tinker424; 5th December 2007 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    Received Une Folie de Rose by Parfums de Rosine yesterday...wore it today like a delicious veil...ooohhhhhhh!!
    This one is SO beautiful, wear it in the best of health! This may be my favorite Rose Patchouli combination. It is elegant to the bone!

Today, I received an ebay trio of vintage Lentherics: Tweed, Confetti, and the coveted (by me) Miracle! The real miracle is that they were all sealed (Lentheric used those wonderful plastic and foil seals) and are beautiful as can be!

A very yay day from the fragrance perspective!

I'm a MONSTER.

Today I bought YSL Rive Gauche, Baby Doll, Paris, Cinema and Opium. YESTERDAY I bought a lot of Bond No. 9 samples on eBay. The day before that? Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella (which didn't work for me and is for sale at the link below). Before that... Salvador Dali Dalissime, Bond No. 9 Bryant Park, Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia, and, WORST OF ALL, WHILE I WAS WRITING THIS:

Robert Piguet Fracas
    JPG Classique LE bottle
    Penhaligon's Ellensia, Malabah, Lily and Spice and Artemisia.

And I WONDER where my bloody paycheck goes! (AND we're only five days into December! *cries*)
    Last edited by Sarahsaurus; 5th December 2007 at 05:52 AM.

I bought Courtesan by Worth yesterday. It is very sweet but somehow naughty.

Took advantage of two Michael Storer specials: He's making his "Winter Star" still-in-test-mode scent available just to us Basenoters if we order this week. Also for PayPal customers there's a "buy one, get a second fragrance at 50% off!" There's nothing on the web site, but you need to put in "REBATE" in the PayPal payment.

Soooo... I gave myself a monster Hanukkah present: Winter Star, Monk, Djin and Yvette. But such a deal! And I will smell glorious, even while I try to make my mortgage payments.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    Today, I received an ebay trio of vintage Lentherics: Tweed, Confetti, and the coveted (by me) Miracle! The real miracle is that they were all sealed (Lentheric used those wonderful plastic and foil seals) and are beautiful as can be!

A very yay day from the fragrance perspective!
    Yay indeed, Zimbeline! Your ebay score sounds fantastic. Wear them all in good health, and ENJOY!
    Last edited by ComDiva; 5th December 2007 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Banned

Just placed an order of a 30ml bottle of Ava Luxe No. 23 and 20ml of Frederick Malle Bois d'Orage

No. 23 is a blind buy..

Hope it's as good as the description makes it out to be
    Last edited by teger; 5th December 2007 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Took advantage of two Michael Storer specials: He's making his "Winter Star" still-in-test-mode scent available just to us Basenoters if we order this week. Also for PayPal customers there's a "buy one, get a second fragrance at 50% off!" There's nothing on the web site, but you need to put in "REBATE" in the PayPal payment.

Soooo... I gave myself a monster Hanukkah present: Winter Star, Monk, Djin and Yvette. But such a deal! And I will smell glorious, even while I try to make my mortgage payments.
    Thanks for passing info on the deal. I bought Genvieve and Winter Star. I feel pleased and priveleged that Michael Storer has made that one available for purchase for us here. What a joy!

I got my bottle of La Part des Anges today
    I ended up buying the last bottle in stock in John Lewis, who are having a 10% off day so it was cheaper than expected AND the sales assistant loaded me up with lots of samples, free gifts and travel sizes. That's my last bottle of perfume for 2007. My scent budget is officially spent for the year!

A good thing too, as I tested the Chanel Les Exclusives and Hermessences fragrances today. I've already planned most of my monthly purchases for 2008 from them!

Today I bought Narciso Rodriguez Musc for Her. I like it, it's a warm,very light floral/musk that I think even non musk wearers might enjoy. It's feminine and soft, a skin scent. I think of it as a snuggle scent, the kind the requires your sweetie to get really close in order to take in your aroma. I must say, although I prefer quieter scents as a rule, this one is almost too quiet. I have to apply quite liberally and often which is unusual for me. I am happy to bathe in the lovely scent but the longevity is not what I expect from an oil, especially for the price. I am curious to see how long my bottle lasts.
    Last edited by ahp; 6th December 2007 at 06:55 PM. Reason: spelling error

Well, I got my bottle of L'Instant Iris Millesime today ..
    WHY DID I BUY THIS!!!
    I don't even care for the original L'Instant!
    Hm, a friend of mine has L'instant as her signature .. Maybe she can buy it ..

When will I learn!!!

I bought a 30ml Guerlain Cherry Blossom parfume today

I have already had 1 7.5ml parfume and 1 30ml EDT of it but cannot resist the price.

summer means fireflys

Quote Originally Posted by ilookflawless View Post
    I got my bottle of La Part des Anges today
    I am SO jealous! Enjoy!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Hi,
    Bought new:
    Pink Sugar Aquoline not tried yet, but must be sweet I read.
    Baby Doll Paris, love it, like fruity scents.
    Agua Allegoria Rose Magnifica Guerlain, like to get some more rose scents.
    Second hand at ebay Lily Dior Christian Dior for spring.
    Several mini's to try out scents.
    Collection getting out of hand here, try to make empty some older ones befor I open all new ones, lol.
    Greetings.

Restocked on Ava-Luxes- #23, Madame X, Sweet Amber Wood,Angel Face, Chaos, Forbidden Fruits, Madeline, Amber Essence, Firewood.
    First Profumum ever- Ambra Aurea.
    Bourbon Frenches, for gifts.
    Lalique Le Parfum, edp.
    Cadjmere
    Cafe
    Lumiere DSH

Received my Fifi Chachnil today, what a girly bottle
    Such fun!
    Love it!

Today I bought the Chanel parfum coffret: no. 5, Coco, Coco Mdm, Allure, Allure Sensuelle.

Wish it'd had no. 19.

Oh well, still a cool score!
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

It has been a while since I wrote here. During this time I have bought:

NR for him EdT and deo to DH. It suits him wonderful! It is a quiet yet very distinct frag on his skin. - I wish I could wear NR for her, but on my skin it doas not last at all.

Chanel No 5 bodylotion and deo - I adore them used with the EdP! They are great with No 19 EdP as well.

Chanel No 19 EdP 30 mL - my third bottle of this scent in EdP, and also deo and bodylotion - my secound bottles off both. Chanel No 19 has got into my wardrobe to stay!

Stella bodylotion - my secound bottle. Stella seems to have got into my wardrobe to stay, too. There aren´t many scented bodylotions I have bought in a secound bottle.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Went to TJMaxx for inexpensive fragrance gifts for the friends of my daughters who show up during vacations. I collected some CSP scents for 9.99 each and bought some bottles of Tumulte in both versions for 14.99 each.

I like to have a few things on hand for unexpected situations.

Chanel no 5 after bath powder for my Mom. Childhood memories. I wonder if it will mean as much to her as it does to me?

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Thiery Mugler B Men
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle: Angeliques sous le pluie. I'm on the brink of purchasing L'Artisan's Fleur d'Oranger 2007 for the significant other's birthday/Xmas gift. The price is a bit steep, but he adores it.

My latest Luckyscent purchase came today - many samples!

L'Artisan - Mandarine Tout Simplement and Timbuktu - both lovely but not intriguing after the first few minutes.

Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Amour de Cacao - pure sinful chocolate and I will be getting myself a bottle.

Mazzolari - Alessandro - Same name as one of my favourite Italian footballers who is darkly sensual; this fragrance isn't but I'm enjoying it.

CdG - Wood Coffee - Could be a bit less complicated and stronger on the coffee side but still fascinating.

Les Nez - Unicorn Spell - Sharper and earthier than I expected given the description. I don't really get a sense of violets.

Pilar and Lucy - Twirl All Girly and Tiptoeing through Chambers of the Moon - Lovely but a bit too sweet; good for a walk through a meadow on a windy day.

Keiko Mecheri - Genie du Bois - Need to sample this for a day or two.

Laila the Essence of Norway - Water and wildflowers.

Serendipity 3 - Serendipitous - I don't quite hear the Oompa Loompas but it's still a great chocolate frag.

Aqaba - Midnight Sun - Very mysterious and sophisticated; a fragrance for a woman who has lived richly, wisely and well. I'm not there yet.

Imperial Opoponax by Les Nereides

Blog Entries

Just got in the mail the last bottle of Parure that the Toronto Guerlain Boutique had in stock
    (hoarding)
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

A jumbo bottle of Angelique Encens (Creed)

Got a lovely bottle of AL Nude Musk in the mail today with a nice sample spray of Moksha...now I'm hooked on Moksha! Must be the agarwood...or the sandalwood....or something!

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424 View Post
    A jumbo bottle of Angelique Encens (Creed)
    Tinker, isn't it wonderful? One day I'm going to buy it too!...

I bought Daim Blond, yesterday.

I got a miniature SN Datura Noir today. I'm not very hooked on tuberose, so this mini is enough for me. Didn't pay much for this, so it's worth it! Nice scent, but very sweet - I can't see how a man can wear this .. very feminine

I know I'm supposed to be on a fragrance fast until January (at least!) but ....... I couldn't resist 50ml EdP of YSL Nu. It was SUCH a bargain at £11.05 for a fragrance that I used to love and wear that I couldn't resist. I'm still getting a thrill having the the metallic disc in my fragrance drawer and the smoky incense is just perfect in this cold UK weather.

Ah, well does it count if I bought it as a Christmas present for someone else? I got my best friend a little handbag-size of Yves Rocher's Voile D'Ambre as she's had the blues and I want her to have something in her bag all the time to make her feel good. I also bought her the parfum for her dressing table.

But while I was in there I also picked up a little 5ml trial size of their Iris Noir and a little 10ml of their vanille bourbon for myself as well.

On Saturday I have to go to the Body Shop for a bottle of their Amorcito perfume for my goddaughter for Xmas - she's getting to be a teenager and I want to get her 'proper' perfume but nothing with Paris Hilton's name on it. (I know - I'm a snob!)
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    But while I was in there I also picked up a little 5ml trial size of their Iris Noir and a little 10ml of their vanille bourbon for myself as well.

(I know - I'm a snob!)
    Who will send me a sample of Iris Noir?!? Not yet availble in the US... Help?/

xo,

ComDiva
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    Ah, well does it count if I bought it as a Christmas present for someone else? I got my best friend a little handbag-size of Yves Rocher's Voile D'Ambre as she's had the blues and I want her to have something in her bag all the time to make her feel good. I also bought her the parfum for her dressing table.

On Saturday I have to go to the Body Shop for a bottle of their Amorcito perfume for my goddaughter for Xmas - she's getting to be a teenager and I want to get her 'proper' perfume but nothing with Paris Hilton's name on it. (I know - I'm a snob!)
    I've got the 3 Secrets D'essences scents in my wish list right now: I'm planning to get the 50ml EdTs as well as the Rose and Voile D'Ambre parfums, although I have to wait until January. Yves Rocher are such great value and good quality that it's hard not to go a bit nuts when ordering! I love Neonatura Cocoon as well. Let me know what you think of the Voile D'ambre Parfum when you can.

Kelly Caleche.

My Genvieve and Winter Star arrived today! And I think I love Gen even more than the EDP form. There is something timeless and classic about it, but not deja-vu. The EDP is, for me, more animalic than the parfum and the florals are more fully developed. The parfum seems rosier and fruitier, the EDP is more multifaceted.

AND, I'm thrilled I got the discount! YAY.

Winter Star is gorgeous too. I appreciate this one even more now and feel like the cat that got the canary having a whole glorious bottle. I believe I will be wearing it tomorrow. Yes, I know it is quite potent and very grand, but when I tried the sample at work, everybody loved it. And what's wrong with something sumptuous to get me through the day?

I'll be wearing these very very often! I would rank these with my beautiful vintage Lanvins and classic Carons any day.
    Last edited by Zibeline; 14th December 2007 at 06:04 AM.

Blog Entries

Well I bought gifts today:

Shalimar - for my cousin, who only wears Shalimar - sigh - don't dare try anything else on her

Terracotta Voile d'Ete - for my goddaughter, who hates frags but loved this one

Acqua Classica Borsari - for my brother who stopped wearing scent about 10 years ago, but loved this - I gave him a sample - he wore it to work and got an instant compliment from a co-worker - he's hooked. Also got him Acqua Della Terre Rosse Borsari

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil - Hermes - for my sister, who fell in love with it when she visited me last weekend.

Comptoir Sud Pacifique, Vanille Abricot - for my grand niece who likes sweet things

For me (since I couldn't resist discount and free shipping) Sira Des Indes -Jean Patou, Eau Legere, Limited Edition -Boucheron
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

In the last two days I bought followings:

Calèche by Hermès - EDT 50ml (it is so much like the Y by YSL)
    Amazone (original), Hermès - Vintage EDT with a brown plastic cap, splash.

Here comes the best part, I finally got hold of a bottle of Femme by Parfums Rochas - it is an Eau de Cologne. It is probably vintage as it is in a white box with the lace pattern motifs. The bottle is shaped like the hourglass but flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post

Here comes the best part, I finally got hold of a bottle of Femme by Parfums Rochas - it is an Eau de Cologne. It is probably vintage as it is in a white box with the lace pattern motifs. The bottle is shaped like the hourglass but flat.
    Oh you lucky thing.. Have you tried it yet?

A back-up of Anglomania edp since I have re-fallen for this scent

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I just bought a tray.

Once I get it and "weave" my magic,
    I will reveal the world's
    Ultimate Sample Holder!

Prepare to be amazed.

Line up the firing squad.

Let's see:
    Awaiting Revillon's Anouchka parfum, Niki de St. Phalle parfum, and Tendre Kiss de Lalique parfum [hopefully tomorrow].
    Cadjmere, Lalique Le Parfum edp, Fifi
    AL : Angel Face, Firewood,more backup Madame X, Forbidden Fruits, Madeline, Chaos, Amber Essence, backup Moksha, # 23.

Please don't ask about the Annick Goutal boutique in Rotterdam....
    --------------------------------------
    Uh-oh.
    Forgot that there WERE coupons for many of these.
    And Prada Oeillet and Fleurs d'Oranger parfum.
    OUCH.
    The truth hurts.
    Last edited by chayaruchama; 16th December 2007 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Basenotes Plus

Neil Morris' Zephyr last weekend.
    RP's Visa, 1 oz parfum, hey....it was 20% off!
    LV's Patchouli but that's for my husband...yeah right!
    5 Claus Porto soaps & a SMN Pomegranate Stone
    *waves* to chaya...miss you!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme