Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Today I bought... (for December 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    I just bought a tray.

Once I get it and "weave" my magic,
    I will reveal the world's
    Ultimate Sample Holder!

Prepare to be amazed.

Intriguing! I'm curious to see it! My poor samples are in a empty baby-wipes container

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424 View Post
    Intriguing! I'm curious to see it! My poor samples are in a empty baby-wipes container
    Can't wait to see it too Quarry!

Tinks... I'm so envious that you bought Angelique Encens. And the jumbo bottle too. You'll smell so lovely!
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

I finally got my Elixir des Merveilles today Woooohoo!! I also got Belle en Rykiel. I still have a couple more to get. I tried on the L'Instant Magic again and it smells soooo good on me. I think I'll get that next
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Bought a Dolce Vita set - 50ml, shower gel, body lotion and a black bag. Also bought 75ml of Intimately Beckham for my mother.

This month I ordered full sizes of:
    Azzaro's Orange Tonic and
    Eau Belle d'Azzaro
    and Royal Bain de Caron;
    minis of Ungaro Diva,
    Azzaro Azzura,
    Patou Pan Ame
    and YSL Yvresse.
    Plus lot of samples.

Blog Entries

Ispahan - Have to thank Wordbird for her review of this - inspired me to snag a bottle

Un Jardin en Méditerranée Loved Sur le Nil so much - this was a blind buy - if I don't like it will pass on to my brother-in-law

Hypnose Was surprised by this one - did not expect to like it, given lukewarm reviews but sniffed it in Macy's and went back for a second test - found it cheaper online
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Cool Re: Today I bought... (for December 2007)

i just ordered idole.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Oh, Tinker, Dimples, I can't wait to share this. After much, much, much, much thought, I figured out that 3/4" open mesh caning offers the perfect size holes to hold sample vials from 1ml up to those mini sprayers. I've order the Tracy Porter tray shown below and will attempt to cane it myself using the openings on the sides to string the webbing. The tray's not going to get here until next month, I believe. Ooooh, the anticipation.

Blog Entries

What a great idea! Can't wait to see the finished tray.
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Q, that's so cool!
    you're so innovative. do send us pics when it's done... full of the little vials, of course.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by DeeOlive View Post
    Un Jardin en Méditerranée Loved Sur le Nil so much - this was a blind buy - if I don't like it will pass on to my brother-in-law
    If you do not love this when you smell it, I would hold onto this DeeOlive and reapply in the Summer. UJEM can be a tricky scent to 'get' in the winter. But it is a masterpiece and has the most clever use of fig and cedar I've encountered. Special stuff IMO.

Quarry you are a genius! Please post a pic if your project when it's completed!!

summer means fireflys

I went to a discount perfume shop in Miami and bought some stuff for DH there: Hypnose Homme and CK One.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    If you do not love this when you smell it, I would hold onto this DeeOlive and reapply in the Summer. UJEM can be a tricky scent to 'get' in the winter. But it is a masterpiece and has the most clever use of fig and cedar I've encountered. Special stuff IMO.
    Thanks Mike - I will not be passing it on - it is the most intriguing scent I've ever smelled; totally different than anything I own; it must be the fig.
    Chanakya

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I just bought ... 5ml of Guerlain Angelique Noire for $20 + $2 postage from RockinRuby. The Perfumed Court charges $36+ for 5ml. Oh, Guerlain, why $200 per bottle, why?

Blog Entries

Boucheron Edition Bleue arrived today - would love to compare it to the other 2 versions but this is very nice and a bargain. Have to admit the bottles look very nice too. Though described as having topnotes of tangerine & bergamot -this is very uncitrusy - will wait until I no longer have the sniffles to get a better idea.

Quarry/Joy - I feel your pain!!! Alas, If only we could wave a magic wand and drive prices down or turn sows ears into silk purses. We are cursed to have noses that are ensorcelled by expensive scents.
    Chanakya

A jumbo bottle of Angelique Encens (Creed)
    High Five to Tinker! My Angélique Encens also landed in my office today, YAY!

Basenotes Institution

Hermessence: Brin de Réglisse by Hermes

Thank you to the lovely ladies who made purchases during my $10 sale- I made enough to buy 1oz of Nuit de Noel parfum

I bought a bottle of Monk from Tinker during her sale (at a fantastic price, how thrifty of me!)

Bought Cardinal by Heeley and it arrived last week (delightful incense scent, now in my top 3 for incense scents)

It is what I am considering buying that scares me:
    The new Annick Goutal Les Orientalistes trio.
    Myrrhe Ardente - Encens Flamboyant - Ambre Fétiche

If I bought them, it would be by far the largest fragrance purchase I have ever made. And unsniffed to boot. However, they sound totally fabulous and exactly up my alley... Sigh

Would it be insane of me to make this purchase? (If yes, how insane?)
    Last edited by brillig; 23rd December 2007 at 09:10 PM.

Thank you to the lovely ladies who made purchases during my $10 sale- I made enough to buy 1oz of Nuit de Noel parfum
    How did I miss a sale

Blog Entries

A back up bottle of MPG Bahiana - thanks to the MPG sale listed here.
    Chanakya

My secound bottle of Chanel Cristalle bodylotion. This frag, both the EdT and the EdP, will probably stay in my wardrobe as my freshest frag! The bodylotion is wonderful, and is usable with many perfumes!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

A new bottle of Tubereuse Indiana. I needed a back up as I am almost out of the beautiful scent.

Serendipitous. Blind buy, but how can you go wrong with chocolate? I guess I'll find out. Cheers!
    Last edited by bernat; 26th December 2007 at 11:47 PM.
    "Cleanliness and order are not matters of instinct; they are matters of education, and like most great things, you must cultivate a taste for them." Benjamin Disraeli

K.M's LOUKHOUM & Ginestet's BOTRYTIS

K.M's LOUKHOUM & Ginestet's BOTRYTIS
    I own both of these and find them delightful! Hopefully you will be pleased with them as well :-)

Quote Originally Posted by brillig View Post
    I own both of these and find them delightful! Hopefully you will be pleased with them as well :-)
    I'm so happy! I can't wait to see the Botrytis bottle in person,it must be even lovelier!

I finally to the plunge to order Luctor et Emergo by POTL and guess what! It is on backorder.....I went ahead and placed my order so now I have something to look forward to .

Thumbs up Re: Today I bought... (for December 2007)

Djin

I am loving the leather notes in the sample, so had to have a bottle. It is a very wearable, beautiful leather fragrance. Not a whip or a saddle in sight. The florals are not sweet, the spices are restrained, and the longevity is superb. Marketed as a masculine scent, I find it works well with my chemistry.

This will be my last purchase for 2007!

I've had a busy year.

Recently I have just bought samples (for once)

Caron Tabac Blond - Love this one

SL: Chene, Un Lys, Chergui, Iris Silver Mist, Rahat Loukum
    I haven't tried them all yet, but absolutely adores Un Lys and Rahat Loukum

Parfums de Nicolai: Sacrebleu - Mmmmmmmmmmm, New York - Gooosh,
    and Fig Tea - this one was absolutely nothing (I think)

No, I am not quite honest now - I have actually bought a bottle to. I did enjoy Nicolai New York enough to get a bottle from Ebay (good price)
    Sacrebleu, Tabac Blond and Un Lys is on my list ..

Schiaparelli Shocking. It was hard to find.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

I bought a mini bottle of Givenchy Pi for ME

Shoppers Drug Mart had a special gift boxed version of a 50ml bottle of Lolita Lempicka on for $36.00 (regular $76.00). With my $10.00 credit from Optimum points, I got the whole thing for $31.00 - including tax.

For a retail purchase, I consider this a pretty good deal!

My recent purchase was just delivered in the snow- a bottle of Aqua Allegoria Mentafolia. I received a sample from Twolf and loved it!
    The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of it’s scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.”

Had a Paypal credit so I used it to get FRAPIN 1270 with the 10% off coupon TOUTIE & a 3.1oz L'Heure Bleue edt refill from PerfumeBay since DHL lost the last one I ordered.

Blog Entries

Well I broke my new years resolution before the New Year and bought Farnesiana EdP.
    It's Chayas fault.

But I did show some restraint. (patting myself on the back). I did not get the extrait.
    I was frugal.
    Chanakya

Well I broke my new years resolution before the New Year and bought Farnesiana EdP.
    It's Chayas fault.

But I did show some restraint. (patting myself on the back). I did not get the extrait.
    I was frugal.
    Sure, blame the sun in Aries in the !2th house, with Taurus ascendant and Venus in Taurus [ again,12th house]..
    'Beats breast in true crypto- Carmelite fashion':
    "Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa".

Enjoy, you lovely creature.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post
    Sure, blame the sun in Aries in the !2th house, with Taurus ascendant and Venus in Taurus [ again,12th house]..
    'Beats breast in true crypto- Carmelite fashion':
    "Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa".

Enjoy, you lovely creature.
    Heheh - actually I can blame Venus trine my natal Venus today - a good day to appreciate the finer things in life
    Chanakya

It's Chayas fault.

I was frugal.
    It always seems to be someone elses fault when I make a fragrance purchase. Dimples keeps sending me samples that I am convinced I can not possibly take another breath without owning full bottles of!

I bought Cashmere Mist.....and ordered samples of 10 from luckyscent.....I am so excited
    Always remember you are unique; just like everyone else.

1 ounce of Caron's Pois De Senteur parfum

I just, by pure impulse, bought Black Cashmere and Guerlains Purple Fantasy ( both which I have tried and really like at least) off of Ebay. I almost bought Tinkers Le Baiser du Dragon but was able to stop myself.....not quite sure about that one yet

I bought Royal Water and Green Irish Tweed.

A large Pour un Femme EDP to layer with the parfum.
    A small back up bottle of Aimez Moi EDT.
    Minis of: Christian Lacroix EDP (the shell bottle) and Christian Lacroix C'est la vie!

Blog Entries

Escada Moon Sparkle--and got a sample of Burberry Brit---and am already wishing I had just bought it--what I sprayed on my wrists in the store is smelling amazing right now!

Blog Entries

Well - I didn't buy it today - but a huge box arrived today from Yves Rocher that I had forgotten I ordered - full of bath products. Since several BN'ers had mentioned that they thought YR bath gels were great - and since DH and I go through them like water, thought I'd try them out.

Am still emptying the box ( they seem to have thrown in everything but the kitchen sink as free gifts). Got bath gels: Jardins du Monde - African Cocoa bean, Asian Palm, Caribbean Aloe Vera; Jardins Noel - Amandes et Mandarines, Cedre Bleu, & Menthe, some ginsing shaving cream for DH and the freebies are some shampoo, an anti-aging creme called Serum Vegetal and a bottle of scent - something called Pur Desir de Lavande, which on first sniff smells like witch hazel. Oh well - it was free, and maybe I can use it to spray my sheets. Will try it again later when my nose is not tired. Has anyone tried this?

Got also Coco Nourishing lip balm - this is truly yummy! I have very chapped lips during the winter, and am always looking for good lip cremes.

Hmmm - they also threw in some Arnica hand creme, a red Chinese print evening or cosmetics bag and a watch . Everything I ordered was 50% off and some were 2 for the price of one. How do these folks stay in business?
    Chanakya

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Sorry, my mistake!
    Last edited by JaimeB; 31st December 2007 at 09:12 PM. Reason: typos
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Bought a bottle of Sun, Moon and Stars on New Years Eve. Thanks Dee for the recommendation

Blog Entries

You are very welcome Jillsy - enjoy!!!
    Chanakya

my very first samples online (I'm a newby). 3 violets - Apres L'Ondee, Feminite du Bois, and Unicorn Spell...plus SL Un Lys and Parfums Delrae Debut.

Can't wait to get 'em!