Code of Conduct

Default Are there similarities in Arpege PH and L'Instant PH?

Are there similarities in Arpege PH and L'Instant PH? I am aware of the anise in both and there are a number of notes in Arpege that are found in Guerlains base. Trying not to be redundant on a gift.

Thanks

Default Re: Are there similarities in Arpege PH and L'Instant PH?

When I wwear Arpege PH after a couple of hours i remember L'INSTANT. But I thin that there are similarities in Arpege PH and Dior Homme. I Like more Dior Homme

I own L'Instant EXTREME so not sure about the EDT version, but to my nose, Arpege is sharper and less formal than L'Instant. I think it's okay if the receiver get both of these. They are not so similar IMO.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I'm not sure of the notes. I wear both and they don't smell alike to me. Arpege is a peppery candied-fruit gourmand, while L'Instant is an elegant and refined light tea scent to me (with a nice touch of smokiness). I like L'Instant best in warmer weather, while Arpege seems to be more year-round versatile.

They are both quality scents. However, I find myself wearing L'Instant far more often.

Edit to add, I wholeheartedly agree that Arpege is the less formal of the two.
    Last edited by Scentsibility; 1st December 2007 at 05:01 PM.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault