Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Multiple Choice - In the Non-export line, what are your favorite Serge Lutens?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bois de Violette

10 12.35%
  • Bois et Fruits

3 3.70%
  • Bois et Musc

0 0%
  • Bois Oriental

9 11.11%
  • Borneo 1834

20 24.69%
  • Chene

22 27.16%
  • Chergui

40 49.38%
  • Cuir Mauresque

18 22.22%
  • Encens et Lavande

16 19.75%
  • Fumerie Turque

25 30.86%
  • Iris Silver Mist

24 29.63%
  • La Myrrhe

13 16.05%
  • Mandarine Mandarin

4 4.94%
  • Muscs Koublai Khan

31 38.27%
  • Rahat Loukoum

10 12.35%
  • Rose de Nuit

6 7.41%
  • Santal de Mysore

24 29.63%
  • Sarrasins

4 4.94%
  • Tubereuse Criminelle

12 14.81%
  • Un Bois Sepia

7 8.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Choose Several - What are your favorite Serge Lutens from the Non-export line?

THIS IS A MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL - VOTE FOR 1 OR ALL 20.

YOU CAN ONLY VOTE ONCE, BUT WHEN YOU DO - YOU CAN VOTE FOR AS MANY AS YOU LIKE!

Hi!

I asked for help earlier this week in formulating a poll for our favorite Serge Lutens.

simisker had an excellent idea - to split it into two polls - export and non-export. Thanks!

The export poll started earlier today and already has had a number of voters.

Let's continue with those that are available 'exclusively' at Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido in Paris and from their website.

There is a maximum of twenty choices allowed in our polls and, as luck would have it, after eliminating the four that are on both lists, there are twenty fragrances for us to consider in the non-export line.

Louve is the only fragrance that has been excluded from both polls. As before, if Louve is one of your favorites, please reply to this thread so that it can be counted!

Thanks for everybody's input!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Default Re: Choose Several - What are your favorite Serge Lutens from the Non-export line?

The trouble with polls like these are that we can't tell whether the ones selected reflect the ones that people really love most, or whether they reflect more the ones people have tried the most!

For example, are Bois et Musc and Rose de Nuit at zero because they're difficult scents which people don't like, or is it just that no one has tried them! I've tried neither, which is why they didn't get my vote!

YOu know what would be interesting? A poll on which Lutens scents we hate the most!

I'll put that up when I have time!
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: FougÚre Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Default Re: Choose Several - What are your favorite Serge Lutens from the Non-export line?

The results, so far, are what I expected. Now let's hope that someone at Lutens sees this and releases Borneo and MKK as exports.

My votes are indeed influenced by the fact that I have not tried many of these.
    I voted for Bois de Violette and Santal de Mysore
    Last edited by rtamara41; 2nd December 2007 at 02:04 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    My votes are indeed influenced by the fact that I have not tried many of these.
    I voted for Bois de Violette and Santal de Mysore
    I've not tried many of these ones either. I voted for the usual suspects!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

I used to think of myself as someone who had tried most Lutens, but I see that I've only tried 10 of these 20! My votes were for Bois et Fruits (my favourite of all the Lutens so far) Bois Oriental (which has like a 90% similarity to Bois et Fruits), Fumerie Turque and Cuir Mauresque.

Actually I'll make two polls - which ones haven't you tried, and which ones do you really hate!
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 2nd December 2007 at 04:24 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: FougÚre Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Fumerie Turque

Bump

Bois de Violette
    Borneo 1834
    Chene
    Cuir

Encens et Lavande
    Iris Silver Mist
    Mandarine Mandarin

can still be found in the United Arab Enirates market as of time of writing of this
    Last edited by hedonist222; 27th April 2011 at 11:21 AM.

Chergui

There's been some changes between the export and non-export lines since the poll was posted.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by calero View Post
    There's been some changes between the export and non-export lines since the poll was posted.
    Exactly.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread