Code of Conduct

Thread: Lomani Cologne

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lomani Cologne

I saw this at CVS Pharmacy today for $7.50. Cheapest cologne in the locked cabinet. Unfortunately they had no testers for anything, so I had to take the risk. I did check this site on my phone before buying and someone said it was a lot like Drakkar Noir.

Sure enough it is! The only difference is the dry down on it moves quite close to the smell of something unholy. Not enough to tank this under $8 cheapie, but it's almost going to hit the trash can.

I know there's another Lomani that a lot of people recommend (Ignition), but anyone currently wearing this one? Do you smell that odd dry down?

Default Re: Lomani Cologne

Lomani has a dry, grassy patchouli drydown, with some hints of the top and middle notes. Lomani's Ignition is a vanilla scent that's not too sweet. I've had it on for about 6 hours now and it's really nice, still going, but not too strong. Don't expect it to jump through flaming hoops. It's "linear," but so are a lot of expensive frags that are not even as good as this "cheapo."

Ignition is an amazing scent, but Lomani PH is just disgusting. The only fragrance I actually "hate". I received it as a gift and then put it in the donation box because I just hate it.

I think that once you are used to more "refined" frags, Lomani is too rough around the edges. Still, once in a while it's interesting, if only for nostalgia, but only spray once or twice. And if you hate that drydown, just avoid it entirely. Also, it may be good for "resetting" your sense of smell, meaning that if you find yourself bored with the more refined frags, this might help give you some contrast. I haven't tried this yet, but if I feel I need to, I certainly will.

Ignition might be a problem if you spray too much, so I'd advise two sprays on your first trial of it. I'd call it an excellent once every week or two frag (unless you already own something like Pi and don't want any more vanilla frags).

Post Thanks / Like

Ignition is very similar to Rochas Man, Ignition has more of a fruity top note compared to Rochas and I like the drydown much better. Rochas becomes a little heavy and leathery towards the drydown where as ignition is much lighter and dominated by vanilla. But like I said they are very simillar. I had to wear both of them on each arm to tell the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually threw out my bottle of Lomani. If Rive Gauche is for an 'older male' (I'm 20 and I love it), Lomani is for the geriatric sh*tting his pants in the bus whilst on the way to the shops.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've checked my nappies and they're not spotty yet... Lomani is a budget frag, and a 1980's style one. But all things considered it is better than many. The secret with these chestnuts is to apply them lightly. Strategic spritz rather than shock-and-awe bombardment. IOW, be subtle. When I do that here, I get pleasant lemon, lavender, grass and light patchouli. Too heavy an application and the patchouli does become challenging.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

Talking about Lomani... Have you tried MISTER LOMANI ? What┤s about? Strenght? Life?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, my old thread reappears! I ended up returning my bottle to CVS. They have a nice return policy on fragrances so I took advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by glovesg View Post
    Talking about Lomani... Have you tried MISTER LOMANI ? What┤s about? Strenght? Life?

Solely based on the bottle and color of the juice (as I have not tried it), I am going to guess that it's some kind of Issey Miyake inspired scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Some kind of Issey Miyake inspired scent for $14 would be really cool !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Some kind of Issey Miyake inspired scent for $14 would be really cool !!!
    I agree! I could be totally wrong though.

The only one we have around that price is Fujiyama Homme, but it is pretty faint smelling and ends up drying down on my skin to a scent similar to the Lomani drydown (which both remind me of formaldehyde).

Post Thanks / Like

Here┤s an ad I┤ve found about it... it seems to be in the sport/nature vein, isnt it?

Post Thanks / Like

Here┤s an ad I┤ve found about it... it seems to be in the sport/nature vein, isnt it?

Or the Apple Computer vein.

Well, Lomax by Lomani smells similar to KC Reaction, but a bit, weird? As for the Lomani PH, I already mentioned I threw it out, but the reason is because that sharp citrus really made me sick, too 80s for my taste

Post Thanks / Like

But, RomanceSilver, have you ever tried MISTER LOMANI ?