Code of Conduct

Thread: Disappointed...

Default Disappointed...

I wore my Mitsouko to work today for the first time and was hoping that at least ONE person would notice it and comment on how i smelt but no! I have the pure extrait de parfum too and it has reputed great sillage and longevity too. (It smells great!) Perhaps I didn't spray enough scared to overdo it? About a tiny squirt on one wrist and a spray on my neck only...

Default Re: Disappointed...

personally, i dont receive comments very often. i wear scents primarily for myself. just because no one said anything doesnt mean they didnt smell it either. in order for others to smell my sotd i have to be pretty darn close to them (less than 3 feet away).

cheers,
    ryan

Don't worry too much about compliments. There are lots of people who, while they do enjoy and appreciate one's scent, don't say anything about it.

What you definitely don't want to do is fish for compliments, especially by over-applying. You can be certain that you will hear from your co-workers if you do so, but they might not be the comments you were looking for.

Play it nice and easy and you will do just fine.

Post Re: Disappointed...

In the morning, if my dog run's away from me, I guess I over applied!

Some people think it is weird to comment on the way someone else smells. I would not worry about it. I'm sure people are smelling you.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas V View Post
    Don't worry too much about compliments. There are lots of people who, while they do enjoy and appreciate one's scent, don't say anything about it.

What you definitely don't want to do is fish for compliments, especially by over-applying. You can be certain that you will hear from your co-workers if you do so, but they might not be the comments you were looking for.

Play it nice and easy and you will do just fine.
    Ditto