Code of Conduct

Default Royall Lyme of Bermuda - disapointment

I read the article on the front page of Basenotes with interest about this line. I emailed them and asked if they shipped to the UK, they have answered back and said no.

It is very frustrating when Basenotes, a UK based website features lines like this and even states free shipping, when the products are not available in the UK.

I think it would be a good idea if future articles included what geographical areas these products/offers applied to.

Barry

Default Re: Royall Lyme of Bermuda - disapointment

At first I thought you were disappointed in the fragrance - which would have surprised me.
    I guess the copy was written from a US perspective - which reminds me that you can frequently get 8oz bottles of Royall scents on ebay usa for about $25
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    At first I thought you were disappointed in the fragrance - which would have surprised me.
    I guess the copy was written from a US perspective - which reminds me that you can frequently get 8oz bottles of Royall scents on ebay usa for about $25
    Yes, I think the title is a little confusing. I just tried to go in and edit the title, but it would only let me access the main text.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    I read the article on the front page of Basenotes with interest about this line. I emailed them and asked if they shipped to the UK, they have answered back and said no.

It is very frustrating when Basenotes, a UK based website features lines like this and even states free shipping, when the products are not available in the UK.

I think it would be a good idea if future articles included what geographical areas these products/offers applied to.

Barry
    Hello,

just thought I would try to explain myself having caused disappointment and frustration - never my intention, if I can help it!

In many cases, when we are informed that an offer is country specific or that a company's distribution is limited we will state this in the article. However it is not always specified and we just don't have the resources to email every company for a list of countries that they do or do not ship to and then to include these in the article.

A second point is that although we are indeed based in the UK, 80% of the site's traffic is based in the US, so there is often a bias that reflects that fact.

The good news is that if you follow this link, you will find a list of US companies that stock Royall Lyme, some of whom deliver to the UK.

Royall Lyme

Hope you find something suitable.

Danielle

Basenotes does a fine job keeping us fanatics informed of the latest news! If we are interested in the product, it is up to us the viewer to find out if they ship to our geographic location. If basenotes advertised a shirt company, I feel like it would be asking them to state what sizes are in stock. So, it is up to us to investigate that which interests us IMHO.

Smile Re: Royall Lyme of Bermuda - disapointment

I buy Royall products at the local Brooks Brothers.

Yes, I have seen it there and is where I tested them. The royall lime is a good, bright lime and smells like the lime I used in a hotel once. Its a bit sweet and synthetic. All in all, I would do TH west indian limes.