Code of Conduct

Default Habanita parfum for Christmas.

Well, I've bought myself another fragrance for Christmas. I've been wanting to try Habanita for a while, and judging by the scent pyramid, it seemed like something I'd like. So, I took the plunge and bought the parfum online, un-tested. It arrived on my doorstep on Christmas Eve. Inside the package, was a black and grey box, with gold and red banding. On the front of the box, is a depiction of a nude muse, with the word "habanita" emblazoned in red over her breasts; "de Molinard" in gold. Lifting the box, I get a "black" glass 1 oz bottle, firmly wedged into a cardboard base. The same red and gold lettering on the bottle as the box. Around the top half of the bottle, is a surround of nude muses in relief....very nice bottle! The muse depicted on the front of the box, can be seen on the back of the bottle, with the rest of her cohorts. Holding the bottle up to the sunlight, reveals the true color of the glass. It's a rich violet color, but the color of the juice combined, gives an overall effect of deep crimson.

Now to the scent:

Unscrewing the gold cap (there is no stopper), I'm met with a very bitter, but sweet, very dark scent. I smear a bit on the inside of my arm and wait. Wow, this stuff is so nice! It's warm, sweet, powdery, bitter and a bit spicey. The bitterness stays, but it's nice and resinous. The scent seems to stay rather close, and as it evolves, it gets more powdery. At this stage, I'm reminded of Old Spice; perhaps a refined, expensive version of it, but I'm also reminded of a lot of other old orientals of the early/mid 20th century. Like a lot of these type scents, they are rather androgynous nowadays. So many smell like the old aftershaves (i.e. Old Spice, Pinaud Clubman, Canoe, etc.), and it contains two ingredients that many of these type of scents share; coumarin and oak moss (listed on the back of Habanita carton.) Habanita parfum smells like a really rich aftershave that you'd get from a posh barbershop.

I'm happy with the purchase. I can see this being my go-to when I want something sweet, spicy and old-fashioned, but not too loud.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Habanita parfum for Christmas.

I bought it blind over the summer..
    Very rich scent..
    I will wear it soon as I have forgotten almost everything about it

Quote Originally Posted by Stevolution73 View Post
    I'm happy with the purchase. I can see this being my go-to when I want something sweet, spicy and old-fashioned, but not too loud.
    Congrats!

(2089)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

This description makes me want to try it!

Thats great your happy with your purchase.
    People have said the vintage is really nice too. I have never tested this fragrance but its a very iconic fragrance. The only Molinard fragrance I have is the patchouli scent.

Great description. I like Habanita too, and, like you, I like the fact that it retains a certain tobacco and vetiver bitterness, despite the vanilla and the ambers.

cacio

One of the best scents out there, and the pricing is very good for such a materpiece

Basenotes Plus

Habanita, you say You smell gooooooood Stevolution73
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

A really nice write up Stevolution, thanks for sharing. I found the previous Habanita edt some time ago and was mixed about it. I admired the scent, but didn't think it was easy to wear. I've really grown to appreciate it and similar scents. The bottle is great as well and really does feel and smell like a real fragrance ( and not just some quickly drawn up scent that is actually a weak body spray). I also do agree that Habanita has similar characteristics to older after shaves as well.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Blog Entries

The new EDP really seems attractive to me. I've just heard too many good things about it, and the price is awesome.

I'll have to try the other formulations. The parfum, however, is sublime! I'm wearing it again today!!! Well, I also wore it to bed, too.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks. It is now on my test list.

Habanita is one of my favourites and always in my vanity. I have the EDP and EDT (prefer the EDT, actually) but now want to try the parfum!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    The new EDP really seems attractive to me. I've just heard too many good things about it, and the price is awesome.
    Red, the bottle for the EDP is awesome in black matte glass, like the old Lalique flacons with the nymphs all around the bottle.
    Last edited by Primrose; 26th December 2013 at 05:57 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.