Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default The Secret to Sillage!!!

Just wanted to share. I'm newly converted to this petty common but new to me way of applying fragrance.
    I'm noticing MUCH more sillage from my fragrances by applying it to lower parts of my body then where I was applying them, on my neck and behind my ears.
    I noticed I never really got a whole lotta sillage by applying to my neck and behind my ears. It seemed like fragrance just raised up above everyone's noses.
    Anyway, by applying to the CHEST (upper and lower chest) and INNER ELBOW, I'm getting TONS of sillage. I was always afraid that applying under clothing would be counter productive to achieving sillage, but I'm way wrong. It seems fragrances are now radiating around my entire upper body.
    I also notice more compliments since I've changed to applying this way.

Anywhoo, this is probably old hats to most of you, but for the rest of you... experiment and enjoy!

Default Re: The Secret to Sillage!!!

Consider that the whole reason for eau de cologne historically was to 'cover up' the body's less pleasant odours, it puts me in a state when I hear and read of basenoters relegating fragrance to only the wrists, neck and behind the ears! And then they complain that they get no longevity!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! Douse it on baby!

i actually try and avoid a lot of sillage. i prefer my scent to lay close to the skin. sadly, a lot of my favorite scents are absolutely sillage monsters, in which case i normally just use one spray at the base of the neck, so i can smell it

i'm more concerned about longevity rather than sillage. i don't like to leave a trail...
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Yep, I converted to this method a few months ago and wish I had done it earlier!

Certainly improves sillage and longevity.

Does applying to the elbows still make a difference with long sleeved clothes?

Quote Originally Posted by sdmilne View Post
    Does applying to the elbows still make a difference with long sleeved clothes?
    Inner elbows.. yeap it does make a difference.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    Inner elbows.. yeap it does make a difference.
    I've tried it on one elbow. It actually does seem to come through my shirt quite well.

I think another secret to it is doing a bit of exercise when the sillage goes missing.
    Just do a couple of push-ups or use the stairs instead of the elevator and you'll get instant sillage revival.
    Thank you for the tips!

Yup. Body heat will deff raise sillage.
    Regarding the elbows under the shirt question, it comes through well! I actually a while back opened a thread titles "Applying fragrance under clothes?". I just didn't understand. Now I see the light.

When I spray on a fragrance, I always include 1 or 2 sprays to the chest.
    It does indeed enlarge the sillage and longevity.
    Only spraying to the neck and wrists is just wrong and stupid.

This works very good with Terre d'Hermes.
    Two sprays to the chest, and you're set for the whole day!

I have found that when spraying to the chest and inner elbows, even when I allow time for the fragrance to dry/be absorbed, there is still a noticeable amount that is absorbed into the fabric of my clothing. The fragrance that is absorbed in the fabric does not develop the same and tends to remain more representative of the top notes. Since I almost invariably prefer the base notes, I usually only apply to parts of my body that are not in regular contact with fabric.
    Last edited by zatarain; 5th December 2007 at 07:45 PM.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

With fragrances that I don't really care for the tops as much as the rest, I will apply and wait a bit shirtless.

On occasion i've sprayed between my shoulders, on my back.
    I did it at first, because I wanted to smell that way, but not smell it myself because I had a killer headache.

I made it an occasional habit after that becuase it makes for a different experience

I used to spray my neck, but no more.
    Just those two shots to the chest work wonders, even under clothes .
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I think that applying your frag all over gives wonderful sillage. I have been wearing it that way for years. You guys will also find that if you wash well enough to exfoliate and moisturize your skin well, you will experience the sillage and longevity you have been looking for.

I always spray my frag on after I have stepped out the shower. Please don't step out of the shower sweating. It kind of defeats the whole purpose of shower. I leave my whole upper body damp and dry the rest off. I spray my chest, each of the twins....giggle, my stomach, both lower and upper arms, and my neck. I spread the frag all over my upper body with the water left on my skin. I let myself air dry. The water doesn't alter the scent on me, it helps to spread it all over. I find that those areas of me that are covered up hold the fragrance much longer than those parts that are exposed. Like sometimes when I wear a short sleeve shirt, my arms will still have a trace of the frag I put on, but it will be kind of faded and not smell quite the same as when I stick my nose in my shirt from the top and take a whiff. I love smelling myself....giggle. I love smelling perfume in my clothes after I have worn them. I get compliments all the time on how good I smell.

There's nothing better for me than getting a big hug from a good smelling man and having traces of his cologne left on me to remember him by. I love catching a whiff of him when he's not there. Ooooohh when he leaves traces of his cologne in my sheets....giggle...I sleep like a baby.

Here's to all the good smelling men out there.......
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    I think that applying your frag all over gives wonderful sillage. I have been wearing it that way for years. You guys will also find that if you wash well enough to exfoliate and moisturize your skin well, you will experience the sillage and longevity you have been looking for.

I always spray my frag on after I have stepped out the shower. Please don't step out of the shower sweating. It kind of defeats the whole purpose of shower. I leave my whole upper body damp and dry the rest off. I spray my chest, each of the twins....giggle, my stomach, both lower and upper arms, and my neck. I spread the frag all over my upper body with the water left on my skin. I let myself air dry. The water doesn't alter the scent on me, it helps to spread it all over. I find that those areas of me that are covered up hold the fragrance much longer than those parts that are exposed. Like sometimes when I wear a short sleeve shirt, my arms will still have a trace of the frag I put on, but it will be kind of faded and not smell quite the same as when I stick my nose in my shirt from the top and take a whiff. I love smelling myself....giggle. I love smelling perfume in my clothes after I have worn them. I get compliments all the time on how good I smell.

There's nothing better for me than getting a big hug from a good smelling man and having traces of his cologne left on me to remember him by. I love catching a whiff of him when he's not there. Ooooohh when he leaves traces of his cologne in my sheets....giggle...I sleep like a baby.

Here's to all the good smelling men out there.......

You turn me on bebeh.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    You turn me on bebeh.
    LOL
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    Consider that the whole reason for eau de cologne historically was to 'cover up' the body's less pleasant odours, it puts me in a state when I hear and read of basenoters relegating fragrance to only the wrists, neck and behind the ears! And then they complain that they get no longevity!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! Douse it on baby!
    AGREED!!!
    I really don't understand the purpose of spraying with parcimony the wrists and neck... and then, have a hard time seeking for a hint of smell...
    That's why I spray a lot: neck, chest, behind the ears, wrists, inner elbow and back. (Of course, I spray like this when I'm wearing casual/fresh fragrances)

double Agreed!
    I TRULY don't understand the people round these parts that almost sorta brag about spraying only 1 or 2 sprays. Like, your not cool if you spray more then once or twice. IMO, whats the point then?
    I know some fragrances are strong like Terre and A*men, but even when I do wear them, I spray more then 2 times... I don't get to the point where I'm reaking though, but always more then the IMO no point once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by MdGrwl View Post
    double Agreed!
    I TRULY don't understand the people round these parts that almost sorta brag about spraying only 1 or 2 sprays. Like, your not cool if you spray more then once or twice. IMO, whats the point then?
    I know some fragrances are strong like Terre and A*men, but even when I do wear them, I spray more then 2 times... I don't get to the point where I'm reaking though, but always more then the IMO no point once or twice.
    I don't know how you'd find them, but I've made the same point as you here about a dozen times over the years - usually as a response to "less is more" threads.

More specifically, I keep asking the question of what's the point of one or two sprays, when every other guy wearing Gillette or Brut aftershave or Brut, Old Spice or Lynx underarm deodorant will beat you hands down in the output stakes (at least in the morning before they conk out)? Not to mention all the women whose perfume will totally drown out the one or two sprays.

To which I often get the answer that the one or two sprays is a purely personal thing, that only that person wants to smell it and he doesn't want anyone else to smell it. To which I reply - well, fair enough, that's your decision, but uhhmm - what's the point?
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I don't know how you'd find them, but I've made the same point as you here about a dozen times over the years - usually as a response to "less is more" threads.

More specifically, I keep asking the question of what's the point of one or two sprays, when every other guy wearing Gillette or Brut aftershave or Brut, Old Spice or Lynx underarm deodorant will beat you hands down in the output stakes (at least in the morning before they conk out)? Not to mention all the women whose perfume will totally drown out the one or two sprays.

To which I often get the answer that the one or two sprays is a purely personal thing, that only that person wants to smell it and he doesn't want anyone else to smell it. To which I reply - well, fair enough, that's your decision, but uhhmm - what's the point?
    Renato
    lol... triple agreed!!!

WHAT'S THE POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I guess the point in that instance would be to enjoy your fragrance by yourself, or to enjoy your fragrance without being concerned whether others can smell it or not.

For me I like to enjoy my own fragrance but would also like to leave a suggestion of the fragrance for others to enjoy too.

I wear fragrances to smell good to myself, sure, but to smell good to others as well!!! I wear it to project an image and to leave an impression. To smell sexy. For others to be intrigued.
    I will NEVER understand the 1 or 2 spray guys round here that only 'wear it for themselves'. Don't you want to make an impression on others? To have an image about yourself? To smell good for women, ect...?

Whats the stinking (no pun in tended) point people!

I guess I should of added to the first post:
    Oh yeah, and spray more then once or twice too!

Oh I spray a lot, and typically it's always sternum, inside elbows, sometimes stomach and lower back too. If it's parfum I'll dab inner elbows, wrists, behind my ears, between my collar bones, sternum and around my belly button.
    Applying only to wrists would be fruitless as, as long as I'm at work, they're resting on a warm laptop, and thus any scent is gone pretty quickly.

You have to consider different scents strength too though. I mean I only spray 1 or 2 doses of JPG 2 as it is THAT strong. The same with Luten's Fumerie and Chergui and also Divine's L'Homme Sage. I would challenge anyone to spary more than 2-3 sprays max with these bad boyz!

Quote Originally Posted by r2s View Post
    You have to consider different scents strength too though. I mean I only spray 1 or 2 doses of JPG 2 as it is THAT strong. The same with Luten's Fumerie and Chergui and also Divine's L'Homme Sage. I would challenge anyone to spary more than 2-3 sprays max with these bad boyz!
    I wear 6 sprays minimum under my clothes of any scent I put on. I own JPG2, and use 6 sprays of it. In fact, I think I added an extra chest shot last time I wore it.

The only bad boy I know of is Joop Homme, where I might tone it down to 4 sprays some times, depending on the occasion.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 6th December 2007 at 02:51 PM.

Thrax

When I owned JPG2 it seems I used somewhere between 10 and 15 sprays.

And if you think that's bad, then you should ask Col how many he uses.

I wear 6 sprays minimum under my clothes of any scent I put on. I own JPG2, and use 6 sprays of it. In fact, I think I added an extra chest shot last time I wore it.

The only bad boy I know of is Joop Homme, where I might tone it down to 4 sprays some times, depending on the occasion.
    Renato

Hmm ok, thats a lot of sprays to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax View Post
    When I owned JPG2 it seems I used somewhere between 10 and 15 sprays.

And if you think that's bad, then you should ask Col how many he uses.
    Fu*k me 10-15 sprays?!!!!! People would smell you very LOUDLY from a half mile off!! That is way over the top for me. I mean I like to have a sillage but I dont wanna reek a whole room out. Shit man you serious?

Thrax

Hmm ok, thats a lot of sprays to me.

Fu*k me 10-15 sprays?!!!!! People would smell you very LOUDLY from a half mile off!! That is way over the top for me. I mean I like to have a sillage but I dont wanna reek a whole room out. Shit man you serious?
    Does the Pope shit in the woods? Does a bear wear a funny hat?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax View Post
    Does the Pope shit in the woods? Does a bear wear a funny hat?

Yes.

Hairy muff!

Just for an experiment I will try 10 sprays of JPG2 tonight before I go out! Do you have a routine I should follow (say 4 to chest, 1 each on wrists and inside elbow, 2 to my upper thighs and then maybe 1 for the schlong?)

It depends on the individual. As a sillage slayer extraordinaire, JPG2 does not project that much on me, it stays very close to the skin. Same with Le Male. Aquatics are just dead on me ten minutes later. I had given up on the "LIGHT FRESH" variety long before I discovered Basenotes.

Even with sillage slayers, there are some fragrance exceptions. More than two sprays of Polo Green or Grey Flannel, or even Aspen will have me leaving a trail wherever I go (one reason why I love those classics--they LAST on me). Coty Musk for Men, something that is also light on others, is another sillage powerhouse on me.

So, I guess I can see where some people could use 10-15 sprays. My mother, another sillage slayer, uses around 6-8 sprays, and is only detectable when you hug her. And that's with Ambush EDT, Tabu, and Jovan Musk, which are pretty potent as far as inexpensive brands go. My grandmother, on the other hand, projects with 2 sprays of Chantilly or Emeraude.
    Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74

Thrax

Hairy muff!

Just for an experiment I will try 10 sprays of JPG2 tonight before I go out! Do you have a routine I should follow (say 4 to chest, 1 each on wrists and inside elbow, 2 to my upper thighs and then maybe 1 for the schlong?)
    Under the shirt and on the neck. Trust me, try this and I assure you, you will not be overpowered.

I will report back!

My Girlfriend could disown me tonight if I smell too much like a tarts handbag! lol

I would avoid your schlong, matey - it'll sting like hell!

well this turned out to be an interesting thread. here I see coming out of the wood-works, others that spray a lot like me
    I thought I was all alone here!

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    I would avoid your schlong, matey - it'll sting like hell!
    Yeah maybe your right, but the ladies do love my "seriously strong super schlong sillage"

Well, today I sprayed 8 times Christian Lacroix Bazar and no co-worker seemed to notice or if they did, no one's complained yet...

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    When I spray on a fragrance, I always include 1 or 2 sprays to the chest.
    It does indeed enlarge the sillage and longevity.
    Only spraying to the neck and wrists is just wrong and stupid.

This works very good with Terre d'Hermes.
    Two sprays to the chest, and you're set for the whole day!
    yes & no.

after 2 sprays to my neck and 8 hours i can smell terre good too but will test it with 2 sprays to my chest tomorrow.
    Last edited by sanatik; 6th December 2007 at 04:30 PM.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

I've 1/2-bathed in cologne since forever.
    Proudly.

I'm in the 4-6 spray parade too.. and I also refresh with an additional spray or two as and when needed

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Okay, I have questions after reading this very interesting thread. :-)

Question #1: When you all say "spray to the neck" where are you spraying? The back of the neck? Certainly not the front of the neck (ouch, since I assume its after a shave). The base of the neck, under where you shave? Where??

Question #2: When you say "inside of elbow" is this the "elbow pit"? Or are you referring to the inside as it would sit against your body with your arms hanging down palms faced back?

Question #3: How do you all know if you are "overpowering" with your scents? Do you ask or wait until someone complains?

Thanks, appreciate this thread. It is very useful for a sillage slayer like myself. I had been afraid to spray more than 2-3 times based on everything I had read in the forum. I'm certainly going to try more now!!

I have another question to ask, mainly to Divatologist. You say that you spray right after you get out of the shower, but that contradicts what people have said on here about that. Don't you have to give your body time to replenish the oils that were washed off during the shower?

This thread has inspired me to wear my Avon Driven again!
    Last edited by Nugget359; 6th December 2007 at 10:57 PM.
    Fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget359 View Post
    I have another question to ask, mainly to Divatologist. You say that you spray right after you get out of the shower, but that contradicts what people have said on here about that. Don't you have to give your body time to replenish the oils that were washed off during the shower?

This thread has inspired me to wear my Avon Driven again!

Look let me tell you something bout all this. We lose a very thin layer of skin daily. All "YOUR" natural body oils are not washed away. That's why you can wash your hands for an hour and let them dry till your skin is cracked and you will still leave a fingerprint on whatever you touch. Your natural body oils are there. For some of us our own body oils aren't enough to keep our skin moist. Honey, that's what they make lotion for OK. Wash your behind and wash it good. Skin can never be completely clean because it can't be sterilized. However, a build up of dead skin can affect the frags you were. You can't get proper sillage and a good mix with your chemistry if you have a bunch of dead skin on your body because someone told you that it's not good to wash your body oils away.

Baby, I smells good!!! OK!! You can come smell me if you want to! I keep my body clean and well moisturized. The comments I get most frequently is that I always smell good. Stop listening to people who tell you not to wash thoroughly and then turn around and complain that they can't smell their frag after an hour or so and neither can anybody else. Point blank!! Wash your Ass and wash it good and often. When you get the chance, let it marinate in some hot water and scrub it good. Use lotion daily and keep your skin well moisturized.

Just like I found what works for me. You will have to find what works for you. I know that washing good works for everybody. How could anyone make since out of not wanting to wash your own natural oils away and then have the nerve to want to spray perfume on a half washed behind. Please OK! I don't pay attention to the folks that spray perfume into the air and walk into it. I don't pay attention to those that spray only 1 or 2 times. I also don't pay attention to those who claim that moving the fragrance a certain way will break up the molecules and ruin the scent.

I spray my perfume directly on my skin. I do it after I get out of the shower. The water does not alter the scent in anyway because it's uhm WATER. I have a lotion cocktail that I mix up with my lotion that goes with my SOTD and lotion my entire body.

Nugget your body oils are always there OK. Most of us don't have enough body oil to go without lotioning. My way works for me. I invite all to try it. Wearing a cologne/perfume is not just a passion. It's a science as well. We all know that not everyone can wear everything and some frags smell different on different people. And I repeat, please wash and use lotion. You'll make this world a better place.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

Look let me tell you something bout all this. We lose a very thin layer of skin daily. All "YOUR" natural body oils are not washed away. That's why you can wash your hands for an hour and let them dry till your skin is cracked and you will still leave a fingerprint on whatever you touch. Your natural body oils are there. For some of us our own body oils aren't enough to keep our skin moist. Honey, that's what they make lotion for OK. Wash your behind and wash it good. Skin can never be completely clean because it can't be sterilized. However, a build up of dead skin can affect the frags you were. You can't get proper sillage and a good mix with your chemistry if you have a bunch of dead skin on your body because someone told you that it's not good to wash your body oils away.

Baby, I smells good!!! OK!! You can come smell me if you want to! I keep my body clean and well moisturized. The comments I get most frequently is that I always smell good. Stop listening to people who tell you not to wash thoroughly and then turn around and complain that they can't smell their frag after an hour or so and neither can anybody else. Point blank!! Wash your Ass and wash it good and often. When you get the chance, let it marinate in some hot water and scrub it good. Use lotion daily and keep your skin well moisturized.

Just like I found what works for me. You will have to find what works for you. I know that washing good works for everybody. How could anyone make since out of not wanting to wash your own natural oils away and then have the nerve to want to spray perfume on a half washed behind. Please OK! I don't pay attention to the folks that spray perfume into the air and walk into it. I don't pay attention to those that spray only 1 or 2 times. I also don't pay attention to those who claim that moving the fragrance a certain way will break up the molecules and ruin the scent.

I spray my perfume directly on my skin. I do it after I get out of the shower. The water does not alter the scent in anyway because it's uhm WATER. I have a lotion cocktail that I mix up with my lotion that goes with my SOTD and lotion my entire body.

Nugget your body oils are always there OK. Most of us don't have enough body oil to go without lotioning. My way works for me. I invite all to try it. Wearing a cologne/perfume is not just a passion. It's a science as well. We all know that not everyone can wear everything and some frags smell different on different people. And I repeat, please wash and use lotion. You'll make this world a better place.
    I can smell you from here. Mmm mm!

Divatologist, I'm going to use your method when I shower in the morning and I hope it works - if it can give Bvlgari Black any longevity at all I'll be a convert to your ways!

Wash your Ass and wash it good and often
    When i wash my ass, i'll think of you, Diva .
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Yeah, thanks for the clarification, and besides, I'm a clean freak and hell no I'm not going to half-wash myself in the shower. Is you crazy?!

I just have really dry skin and since I have recently using lotion I've smelled a difference in my fragrances too.

I hope I didn't come off like I've been going into the shower stinky and coming out just as bad! Cuz I'm a madman when it comes to scrubbing!
    Fragrance.

So no help on my previous question? I don't mean to sound dense....just curious since I'm a sillage slayer!!!

@ Blues...don't forget to lotion too!

@ QuietEarth...it's even better close up ; )

@ Knightowl....LOL!! Let me know if you can't reach something. I'm trained to give baths you know.

@ Nuggy...I know you're clean. I can relate to the dry skin too. I have very dry skin as well, which is why I lotion myself the way I do. You should try Jergens Ultra Healing mixed with Eucerin Extensive Repair Lotion (green top). You see, I have beautiful caramel brown skin. So, one scratch and everybody knows I need lotion. When I wear my lotion cocktail, you can scratch all you want to. I will not leave a trail of ashy skin anywhere. When I exfoliate, I glow Baby. Ow! I love it. I think I want to go put some lotion on just for the hell of it ROFL!!
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post

Question #1: When you all say "spray to the neck" where are you spraying? The back of the neck? Certainly not the front of the neck (ouch, since I assume its after a shave). The base of the neck, under where you shave? Where??

Question #2: When you say "inside of elbow" is this the "elbow pit"? Or are you referring to the inside as it would sit against your body with your arms hanging down palms faced back?

Question #3: How do you all know if you are "overpowering" with your scents? Do you ask or wait until someone complains?

Thanks, appreciate this thread. It is very useful for a sillage slayer like myself. I had been afraid to spray more than 2-3 times based on everything I had read in the forum. I'm certainly going to try more now!!

I spray both sides of my neck in the front and one spray to the back of my neck because I like to smell it in my hair.

Yeah, it's right in the bend of the elbow.

If you are overpowering, someone will let you know. Even if they don't say anything to you, you can see it in there face LOL!! I remember my 1st Creed. I sprayed like I usually do and knocked everybody out ROFL!! Now, I know better.
    Last edited by Divatologist; 7th December 2007 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dang Divatologist...... thats some good stuff but I gotta ask a kinda newbie question.

So you come right out of the shower and spray your fragrance on your wet upper body.... but then the lotion comes on...... does it effect your scent in any way??

I'm gonna try your way tomorrow though!

Pirate

Actually I mix in the lotion for my SOTD with my other lotions. The eucerin is unscented and the Jergens scent goes away after about 30 mins. The other lotions aren't perfumed like the ones they make for frags. There are some lotions out there that have scents that last longer than most frags. The lotions I use don't alter the scent of my perfumes at all.

You see the water you leave on your skin just helps to spread the frag around your whole upper body. The lotion you put on will help seal that in and keep your skin moist. To me, it seems that well moisturized skin holds the frag longer. When you are dry, the frag has nothing holding it there. Lord help you if you have a cologne full of alcohol. You might as well spray it in the air.

You see my ex didn't think men were suppose to sit in the tub and bathe. I told him that he should do it at least once a week. i told him that showering doesn't get it all. He didn't believe me. So, I challenged him. I gave him the white wash cloth test. Now my ex was very dark-skinned mind you.

White wash cloth test.....

Run a tub with plain water and get it as hot as you can stand it. Don't put anything in it. NOTHING!! Just plain water.

Soak your entire body, one side at a time if possible. Soak for about 30 to 45 minutes.

Get your white wash cloth and just some plain ol'soap like Ivory and lather up.

Scrub yourself real good all over about 4 to 5 times. I mean in between the cracks, folds and in between the toes. Get it all.

When my ex looked down at his water, he got sick to his stomach. He couldn't believe he was that dirty. I told him that bathing like this at least once a week keeps dead skin from building up on your body. This helps anyone who has a problem with body odor as well. You should also remove hair from those areas as well. For men, remove the hair in a smelly area at least once a month. I know how y'all are about having hair in certain places. Hair holds odor. He likes to sit in the tub now. It's a great way to relax and wash away the problems from the week. It will make your frags smell amazing on you too. You can use bubble bath and the shower gel for your favorite scent and just breathe in the aroma and lean back and let out a big cleansing sigh.

Wink Re: The Secret to Sillage!!!

Nothing can beat fragrant twins

Ok reporting back regarding the 10 spray JPG2 Challenge:

Well..... gotta say Thrax..... you were pretty much right! After my usual 3 sprays I just kept on pressing the nozzle, got 6 sprays to my chest, 2 to my inner elbows and 2 to my upper thighs. Then I sprayed an extra 2 on my lower neck!! And I must say it was not overpowering at all. There are still frags that I wouldnt dream of doing this with e.g L'Homme Sage but in future I will be more liberal with my JPG2!

Divatologist - I bow to your knowledge and forthrightedness. (Is that even a word?) However, I have one potentially really dumb question.

I'm all for sillage.But what you are describing is an unfamiliar routine to me, so please bear with me. Correct me if I am wrong, but is this not what you do:

1. Shower
    2. Step out of shower.
    3. Leave upper body wet, dry elsewhere.
    4. Spray fragrance on upper body & arms.
    5. Apply lotion.
    6. Dry/dress continue with day/night.

Not only is this unfamiliar, but I haven't ever thought about (let alone found) a "body lotion". Again, please bear with me. I may be a slow learner but I'd like to get it as right as I can for me.

QE

Alot of you will find this shocking but, I almost always only apply one spray with anything I own! I feel like I can smell it awefully good but perhaps I am not spraying enough for the right effect? Think I should start doing a 2-3 minimum?

Yes I do all of that. Except I leave the upper body wet and use the water to spread my frag all over my upper body. Then I air dry a little cause I can't stand to be dry and apply my lotion. I usually go through my facial regimen before I get dressed. I give a couple of quick squirts to my neck, chest, and lower arms. I put my clothes on and head out the door.

It's cool because I know that a lot of people don't wear lotion. I have to wear lotion for one because I hate for my skin to be dry and two because it's quite noticeable with my skin tone when my skin is dry. Ashy skin is not attractive. I just love it when my skin glows and if it smells good too, then I just love myself that much more.

I remember going to a friends surprise bday party. I had taken a looooong bath that night and scrubbed myself real good. I wish I could remember what perfume I had on cause I got a lot of compliments about it that night. The best compliment that night though was a nickname the guys gave me.....Glow!! This one guy said I was just glistening LOL!! I had worn an off the shoulder sweater. My skin was glistening though. This one guy followed me around all night asking me what kind of lotion that was ROFL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Alot of you will find this shocking but, I almost always only apply one spray with anything I own! I feel like I can smell it awefully good but perhaps I am not spraying enough for the right effect? Think I should start doing a 2-3 minimum?
    No, I think 4 sprays minimum to start.
    Then try six.
    If you really don't like it go back to one.
    Just make sure you don't do it because of being concerned that others may be offended/not like you/ complain etc, because, quite frankly, such lemon suckers will be offended, not like you or find something to complain about you regardless of what you do if it in some way leads them to think of themselves as less than you.
    Renato

Smile Re: The Secret to Sillage!!!

No, I think 4 sprays minimum to start.
    Then try six.
    If you really don't like it go back to one.
    Just make sure you don't do it because of being concerned that others may be offended/not like you/ complain etc, because, quite frankly, such lemon suckers will be offended, not like you or find something to complain about you regardless of what you do if it in some way leads them to think of themselves as less than you.
    Renato
    Yeah! You can't say that again!!! That's it!

Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post

Try more my friend! This is the revolution thread to all those that "brag" about spraying once or twice!
    Spray baby, Spray!

Diva!!! I tried your method of taking a bath, scrubbing like hell, and I took a shower and followed those six steps earlier and sprayed myself with some Witness by Jacques Bogart and... DAMN I SMELL GOOD.

Thank you so much for the helpful info!
    Fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget359 View Post
    Diva!!! I tried your method of taking a bath, scrubbing like hell, and I took a shower and followed those six steps earlier and sprayed myself with some Witness by Jacques Bogart and... DAMN I SMELL GOOD.

Thank you so much for the helpful info!

Yeah!!!!!!!

I know you smell good Baby!! You keep smellin yourself don't you....giggle. I love it and I love a clean good smellin man.