Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: The Secret to Sillage!!!

Dear Divatologist

I know this may be pushing the envelope again, but as I mentioned before, this is an unfamiliar routine. All the body lotions I have so far found are mostly scented - albeit lightly - or part of a particular fragrance's bath & body line of products. With the understanding that I have yet to really venture out into the wild blue yonder and literally try everything that I can find, can you recommend some products that I - a skinny(ish) white male - might find useful for this routine?

Love your work, bebeh!

QE

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuietEarth View Post
    Dear Divatologist

I know this may be pushing the envelope again, but as I mentioned before, this is an unfamiliar routine. All the body lotions I have so far found are mostly scented - albeit lightly - or part of a particular fragrance's bath & body line of products. With the understanding that I have yet to really venture out into the wild blue yonder and literally try everything that I can find, can you recommend some products that I - a skinny(ish) white male - might find useful for this routine?

Love your work, bebeh!

QE
    It's hard because I'm not familiar with Australia and what you have there. My buddy who is from there is off tonight. Well, I'm sure you have drug stores there. Look for brands like...

Jergens

Lubriderm

Curel

Keri

Vaseline Intesive Care

Eucerin

Aveeno

The Bath & Body lotions are actually excellent because if you know your colognes then you can match them with the lotions. I use Victoria Secret's Love Spell with a number of my frags. It blends very well with D&G Light Blue and Lolita Lempicka. So, it's trial and error with the scented lotions. The scent of the other lotions I mentioned don't last long. So, they won't alter your cologne. Good Luck and let me know what you find.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by r2s View Post
    Ok reporting back regarding the 10 spray JPG2 Challenge:

Well..... gotta say Thrax..... you were pretty much right! After my usual 3 sprays I just kept on pressing the nozzle, got 6 sprays to my chest, 2 to my inner elbows and 2 to my upper thighs. Then I sprayed an extra 2 on my lower neck!! And I must say it was not overpowering at all. There are still frags that I wouldnt dream of doing this with e.g L'Homme Sage but in future I will be more liberal with my JPG2!
    AH, I'd go for it with the L'Homme as well. When I had my bottle I wore it with plenty o' sprays. Not 10 mind you, but a good 7 atleast. It settles down to a nice soft scent and not something thats gonna smack everyone in the face that comes near you. The only thing that I have knowingly oversprayed (or even hed mentioned that I over sprayed) was Balenciaga PH. Joop would also be another one that I definatley wouldnt over spray.

I place about 15 counted sprays of AMen on me and I am "at least I don't think" overpowering to a room or those around me.

Joop is just a god of scent and 4 to 5 sprays are needed for a sillage day.

Once I was told that scent is made to be worn lavishly.
    Last edited by scentimus; 8th December 2007 at 02:14 AM.

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I place about 15 counted sprays of AMen on me and I am "at least I don't think" overpowering to a room or those around me.

Joop is just a god of scent and 4 to 5 sprays are needed for a sillage day.

Once I was told that scent is made to be worn lavishly.
    You've out done me on the 15 of A*men. 8 is as far as I go.

I am using some Clearasil anti spot lotion, and I can clearly see that my face is somehow looking oily and shining. Maybe my skin has a lot of natural oils already?

Now, the thought of using lotion on my chest and neck to create sillage is scary as I dont want to look like using make-up or such.

Please help

Informative thread!

As I wear turtlenecks all winter, won't that swallow up any fragrance applied to my chest or elbows?

I guess only one way to find out...
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

damn, i'm glad i found this board, i was a 2 spray guy, think i'll boost it up to like 4 or 5. like someone else said, if its overpowering i'll notice and just adjust from there

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    Informative thread!

As I wear turtlenecks all winter, won't that swallow up any fragrance applied to my chest or elbows?

I guess only one way to find out...

Actually I have found that most of the frags that I have worn don't react to the many different fabrics that I wear. I find that the scent stays better on my clothes than on me. The frag has to go through changes with my body chemstry through out the day. Your clothes really just absorb the frag, but don't really alter the scent that much. So while it may fade and change on various parts of my body, it will still hold true in your clothing. I love wearing my perfume and a turtleneck. I love to pull it up and smell it....mmmmmmm. So, spray your chest, your neck, your stomach, your back, your arms, and anywhere else you want to smell good. Your clothes are a part of you too. Spray it up and smell your clothes the next day. You will see that although it may not have seemed like it, but you were still smelling good. I just went into this patient's room a few minutes ago and she looked at me right funny and said, "Damn you smell good!" I just laughed and told her that is was the new DKNY. I have on a thick black long sleeve shirt. I have been smelling my shirt all day. I love this perfume.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    I am using some Clearasil anti spot lotion, and I can clearly see that my face is somehow looking oily and shining. Maybe my skin has a lot of natural oils already?

Now, the thought of using lotion on my chest and neck to create sillage is scary as I dont want to look like using make-up or such.

Please help

My dear JBL. Acne prone skin tends to be oily. There are some folks that have oily skin on their body as well. That is sometimes associated with acne prone skin though, but I'm sure there are other reasons why. You can always buy a light lotion to use. There are alot of lotions out there that aren't heavy and greasy. They certainly don't make you look like you have on makeup. look for some of the lotions I mentioned above. The Jergans and the Lubriderm are a pretty good place to start. The Eucerin is some real thick stuff and is good for people with really dry skin.
    Last edited by Divatologist; 9th December 2007 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

supercat84

hey guys.......hav'nt been on the site for a few months now.so busy.but this thread had me intrigued.....

I to cant understand the 'only 1 or 2 spray' guys. I mean so what, i normally spray 6 of my scent in the morning...so what???

I love to spray about 6 on my neck, 3 on either side...i like to smell good, but i do like 2 project a little as well.....just to keep life interesting............

a couple of opinions and questions for you guys.....

1)) i have found recently that my neck skin can dry out slighty, so im spraying either on my clothes or using my perfume oils.....anyone else have a similar problem?

2) A silly question - after my usuall spray routine, i put on a scarf in this cold winter weather ... (after the scent has dried completely)....how much do you reckon this removes the scent from my skin??

3) does anyone use perfume oils ??

I will try now to just apply my 6 shots 2 my chest and see the effect on sillage and longevity....seems like a paradigm or contradiction almost that one would get better sillage from spraying under the clothes.

Also renato and scentimus, thanks for the numerous questions of m ine u have answered over the years!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this is such an informative and inspiring thread. Usually I use about four to six sprays max (three to the chest, one to the base of the neck, one to the back of the neck, and one to the shirt), but I think I might have to step it up a notch.

Hmm...15 sprays of A*Men, anyone?? I'm playing, but I do think I'm going to experiment a little this week, especially given the cold weather we've been having.

I'm also going to try applying lotion out of the shower as well. Now I might have missed it, but those who do apply lotion, do you apply fragrance before or after?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Nicolas V; 10th December 2007 at 02:09 AM.
    You are not your perfume.

those who do apply lotion, do you apply fragrance before or after?
    Both!
    Fragrance.

Well, I tried spraying on my chest instead of neck and face the way I usually do in turtleneck winter ... and my turtleneck just prevented the fragrance from rising to my nose as I thought it would! I just wear too many layers in winter to get anything from chest spraying.

What works for me is to put most of it on my neck where the turtleneck keeps it warm and thus has it diffusing all the time.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    What works for me is to put most of it on my neck where the turtleneck keeps it warm and thus has it diffusing all the time.
    Smart. I wore a turtleneck the other day and felt that it acted like a big sheild, keeping the cold out and my fragrance in. I'm going to try your approach tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets not forget about spraying our crown jewels !! .. one or two squirts is all thats required ... works a treat in combination with all the other techniques mentioned above .. Sillage is incredible ! especially if the jewels are a hit with a contrasting scent to the one your wearing .. I do when the occasion arises ,, Tried XS Black down their last week worked beautifully in tandem with Basala . Got the best xxxxxx in a long time .

PS Moderators & Basenoters .. Sorry if iv'e offended anyone .
    Last edited by Dimitrios; 10th December 2007 at 03:54 AM. Reason: update

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Post Thanks / Like

[crickets chirping]

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas V View Post
    [crickets chirping]
    Likewise...

Post Thanks / Like

closet crickets !! haha

SALES

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas V View Post

I'm also going to try applying lotion out of the shower as well. Now I might have missed it, but those who do apply lotion, do you apply fragrance before or after?

Thanks!
    Divatolgist - this was my next question. (Thanks Nicolas V!) I was at a cosmetics counter today sampling one of many body lotions (my forearms feel very pampered!) and explained what I was looking for. She said apply the lotion first to lock in the moisture after the shower, and then the fragrance. What is your opinion about that?

As an aside, today I purchased Vaseline Intensive Care dry skin moisturiser (it was cheap), as well as 3 Kiehl's products - the "Ultimate Man" body scrub soap, the Deluxe hand & body lotion with Aloe Vera & Oatmeal Pour Homme and the Creme de Corps - the original rich nourishing cream. I will try them out tonight and let you know what happens over the next few days. I'm very excited to be trying this new routine!

Love this thread! A lot of great information and sharing of ideas!

QE

I see no point in applying fragrance if no-one other than you can smell it. So I go with the 'douse it on' brigade. And I always spray my chest (well, boobs) liberally.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Lets not forget about spraying our crown jewels !! .. one or two squirts is all thats required ... works a treat in combination with all the other techniques mentioned above .. Sillage is incredible ! especially if the jewels are a hit with a contrasting scent to the one your wearing .. I do when the occasion arises ,, Tried XS Black down their last week worked beautifully in tandem with Basala . Got the best xxxxxx in a long time .

Ha ha ha, this post cracks me up!! I love the reference to layering contrasts with your SOTD and your sack!! LOL :bounce:

Quote Originally Posted by Clemmie View Post
    I see no point in applying fragrance if no-one other than you can smell it. So I go with the 'douse it on' brigade. And I always spray my chest (well, boobs) liberally.
    (Stands at attention and salutes) God Save the Queen!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: The Secret to Sillage!!!

Ha ha ha, this post cracks me up!! I love the reference to layering contrasts with your SOTD and your sack!! LOL :bounce:
    Have you seen some of the other threads started in the past few days ?? they are crackups too .. cheers .

SALES

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: The Secret to Sillage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post

Having a ball, aren't we? Well, even so there seems to be a problem with the w(hole) thing though :bounce:
    Last edited by kbe; 10th December 2007 at 11:58 AM.
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: The Secret to Sillage!!!

Gonna put Zino to some good use next weekend .... just wondering who he would compliment upstairs ? probably not Kouros but perhaps Hugo or Van Cleef ..hmmm .

SALES

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick update: I followed the advice of more sprays and used nine of A*Men, all under my clothes. When I got out of the shower and applied my scent, I asked my wife if I had on too much cologne. She said, "No, it is really nice." When I told her how many sprays, she couldn't believe it. Honestly, it is incredibly subtle, I don't feel that I have oversprayed at all, and the scent is perfect. Wow. I never would have guessed. This is certainly going to be my new technique, at least for the winter.

Thanks guys. For once, I know that I have enough on. Good times.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I had the same experience as Nicolas V. When I went for the 10 sprays of JPG2 I thought I would get to 7-8 sprays and HAVE to stop spraying due to the strength.... but actually I could have gone on above 10 really. I mean you do have to draw the line somewhere though!! But I would guess that quite a few people are guilty of under spraying thinking if they do they will stink the room out, aside from a few exceptions I think most can take maybe 3-4 extra sprays.

After all this IS our passion, why struggle to smell your SOTD when you can apply without caution and enjoy a healthy sillage!

Good shit!
    Last edited by r2s; 10th December 2007 at 09:14 PM.

went with about 5 sprays tonight, seemed to work alright, didnt get any stange looks like i was bathed in it, maybe i'll go one more spray see if that slides as well...

Post Thanks / Like

why struggle to smell your SOTD when you can apply without caution and enjoy a healthy sillage!

Good shit!
    Agreed, whole heartedly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuietEarth View Post
    Divatolgist - this was my next question. (Thanks Nicolas V!) I was at a cosmetics counter today sampling one of many body lotions (my forearms feel very pampered!) and explained what I was looking for. She said apply the lotion first to lock in the moisture after the shower, and then the fragrance. What is your opinion about that?

As an aside, today I purchased Vaseline Intensive Care dry skin moisturiser (it was cheap), as well as 3 Kiehl's products - the "Ultimate Man" body scrub soap, the Deluxe hand & body lotion with Aloe Vera & Oatmeal Pour Homme and the Creme de Corps - the original rich nourishing cream. I will try them out tonight and let you know what happens over the next few days. I'm very excited to be trying this new routine!

Love this thread! A lot of great information and sharing of ideas!

QE

I actually put my frag on before I put my lotion on. Lotion does in fact seal in the moisture. The better the lotion, the better the longevity of that seal. I put my fragrance on first because I use the water left on my skin right out of the shower to spread my frag all over my upper body. I'm not just spraying my skin and air drying. I'm spraying my entire upper body and then using the water on my skin to spread it all over my skin like I'm putting on lotion. You see the SA told you right that the lotion locks in the moisture after your shower. So, if you spray your frag on first, then you can lock that in too. That's what gives me wonderful sillage and plenty of daily compliments. My whole upper body is always covered in my SOTD.

So spray it up and use that water left on your skin to spread that frag all over and in the cracks and crevices and don't miss a spot. Put on your lotion. Give yourself a few more sprays and then get dressed. After I've lotioned up, I always spray my chest, stomach and neck and then put my shirt on.

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    I actually put my frag on before I put my lotion on. Lotion does in fact seal in the moisture. The better the lotion, the better the longevity of that seal. I put my fragrance on first because I use the water left on my skin right out of the shower to spread my frag all over my upper body. I'm not just spraying my skin and air drying. I'm spraying my entire upper body and then using the water on my skin to spread it all over my skin like I'm putting on lotion. You see the SA told you right that the lotion locks in the moisture after your shower. So, if you spray your frag on first, then you can lock that in too. That's what gives me wonderful sillage and plenty of daily compliments. My whole upper body is always covered in my SOTD.

So spray it up and use that water left on your skin to spread that frag all over and in the cracks and crevices and don't miss a spot. Put on your lotion. Give yourself a few more sprays and then get dressed. After I've lotioned up, I always spray my chest, stomach and neck and then put my shirt on.
    Aaaaalrighty then! 8 sprays of Kouros and a healthy dollop of lotion today! We'll see what happens...

Post Thanks / Like

Very easy, just eat spicy food like Thai food for instance!
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Post Thanks / Like

i do one on the chest, one on the lower stomach, on the inner elbows and ankles for weak ones or EDCs.

For sillage monsters, i generally do one spritz on the chest and a light mist on the forearm.
    --------------------------------------
    some frags that are heavy on the alcohol are not friendly to the boys downstairs....beware..ha ha great posts you guys! Funny stuff,,,,it goes to show you that everyone does think the same, they just dont admit it!
    Last edited by jdnba; 13th December 2007 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have to respectfully disagree with you about the lotion, probably because I have very moist skin. I really have no need for lotion.
    I tried it though to see if it helped, in though it was a good quality fragrance free lotion, in my A/B testing on my wrists., I found it altered the sent slightly. It seemed that I only got the top notes with the lotion side, while the bare skin side, I got he top and base notes more pronounced.

For me, NO LOTION!

Post Thanks / Like

it puts the lotion on the skin...u have no idea! Ha ha

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MdGrwl View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree with you about the lotion, probably because I have very moist skin. I really have no need for lotion.
    I tried it though to see if it helped, in though it was a good quality fragrance free lotion, in my A/B testing on my wrists., I found it altered the sent slightly. It seemed that I only got the top notes with the lotion side, while the bare skin side, I got he top and base notes more pronounced.

For me, NO LOTION!
    I would like to wish you and your cousin Ashy Larry a very Merry Christmas......respectfully

It's just a jokey joke.........smooches

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to wish you and your cousin Ashy Larry a very Merry Christmas......respectfully

It's just a jokey joke.........smooches
    Ashy Larry, meet Gary Coleman

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey Gary I really can smell the top and basenotes better!! You're right!! You don't need no lotion.

My stomach hurts........

I guess lotion is a must for some, fragrance lovers or not, some just need lotion. I have no 'ash' of what you speak of. Olive type skin that is extremely oily.

And I maintain it does alter the scent. Can't tell me all those crazy chemicals in the ingredients list doesn't change the fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MdGrwl View Post
    I guess lotion is a must for some, fragrance lovers or not, some just need lotion. I have no 'ash' of what you speak of. Olive type skin that is extremely oily.

And I maintain it does alter the scent. Can't tell me all those crazy chemicals in the ingredients list doesn't change the fragrance.

Don't mind me MdGrwl. I'm just a big tease....giggle. Actually I stated in earlier posts that everyone doesn't need lotion and that lotion may or may not alter the scent of your cologne. I have to wear lotion or else I will look like Ashy Larry LOL!! Most women's frags do have a lotion that goes with it. I always get the lotion that goes with any frag I buy and if I can't find the lotion, then I use one that is close to the scent of the frag.

Everyone's body chemistry is different. The truth is I couldn't tell you the difference between wearing perfume with or without lotion because you won't catch me dead without my loition on. Yes Honey, I will be greased down and smelling good laying in my casket. If lotion really did alter the scent that much, then I don't think perfumers would make scented lotions or any of the other products to go with their frags.

Look at it this way. You will save money on lotion and have some left over to buy more cologne. To each his own Boo Boo. You do you, and I do FABULOUS!!! Cause when the light hit them glistenin Twins.....giggle....they sparkle...tee hee.........and they smells gooooood.

Spray on Player....Spray on

Well, don't know if puting on some oil or lotion before applying the EDT or EDP helps, but I definitely have to spray at least one or two spritzes *under* my clothing before I get fully dressed. It makes common sense: if the scent evaporates, it needs to get past the filter that the layer of clothing is.

Post Thanks / Like

Look at it this way. You will save money on lotion and have some left over to buy more cologne. To each his own Boo Boo. You do you, and I do FABULOUS!!! Cause when the light hit them glistenin Twins.....giggle....they sparkle...tee hee.........and they smells gooooood.
    Wow, those fragrant twins are glistening too!

Post Thanks / Like

I for one detest the taste of perfume though. On any area I would like to taste.. just something to keep in mind. But please do shave the area like divatologist said. hahah.

So glad i read this thread.
    This is only my second post here btw.

In a desperate attempt to try some of the legendary frags mentioned on this board i made my way to Selfridges on Boxing day.
    I must have looked like a headless chicken running around the fragrance vault squalking every time i came across a niche fragrance, bouncing up and down the isles my head pecking to each and every counter. After directions from an SA i ran headlong into the Creed counter so excited i nearly laid an egg there on the spot.
    The SA lying in wait duly noted my excitement and relieved me of £100 for a bottle of Tabarome!!
    I had spayed my wrists and and neck and decided to leave before my wallet had a coronary.

Imagine my disappointment when half way down oxford street i could no longer smell anything. So i decided to extend my frugal 2 sprays to 3 for the next few days at work and still nothing after 40 minutes. Needless to say i hadn't realised the delicious scent was simply rising above my head ( and everone else's ). So i shall now Dash it all:hehe: and use the lower body technique with an exuberant 6-8 sprays.

BTW, i love the smell of tabarome. It reminds me of a pitcher of Pimms with fruit,cucumber and mint served in the company of very wealthy people

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting extract taken from Marilyn Miglin's website:

Ritual of the Male
    In ancient Mesopotamia, fragrance was thought to reflect a man's innermost thoughts and his deepest emotions. So revered were the use of unguents and oils cherished for their behavioral effect that the application became ritualistic. To center their thoughts and prepare them to meet the challenges of the day, men fragranced the erotic parts of their bodies, thus heightening their sensual and intellectual behavior as well.

To experience the Ritual of the Male, apply M-FOR MEN on your palms, face and the heels of your feet-the most tender, erotic part of the male physique. Move upward and massage the calf and upward to the inner-groin area.

Apply M-FOR MEN to the small of the back, where the highest concentration of nerves from the spinal column are centered, and move upward to the pectoral muscles-the seat of man's strength, the nape of the neck and the jaw.

the historical aspect is interesting, but she's telling you to apply her cologne full of synthetics to all the party of your body (palms, soles, ding-dong) that would absorb the most toxins because of the type of skin or where there are all these nerves! I'd suggest restricting that ritual to natural perfumes!
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 6th January 2008 at 02:55 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Post Thanks / Like

This is an incredibly helpful thread. I got two excellent pieces of information out of this:
    1. More sprays. Used to spray 3-4 sprays, mostly to my neck. Now I'll go with 6 or 7.
    2. Lower the sprays. Chest, inner elbows. And don't mind the clothes.

If I'm spraying on my elbows, I encounter a problem.

1) If I spray from too far off, 80% of the mist goes PAST my elbow because of the larger area the mist covers

2) If I spray too close, the majority of the cologne ends up on the elbow, but in a puddle and it's way too concentrated.

and well 3...

3) I can't reach my elbow when I'm wearing long sleeves, so gotta do 1 and 2 when just wearing a T-Shirt.

How do you guys/girls solve this problem?
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 6th January 2008 at 07:41 PM.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glovesg View Post

Ritual of the Male
    In ancient Mesopotamia, fragrance was thought to reflect a man's innermost thoughts and his deepest emotions. So revered were the use of unguents and oils cherished for their behavioral effect that the application became ritualistic. To center their thoughts and prepare them to meet the challenges of the day, men fragranced the erotic parts of their bodies, thus heightening their sensual and intellectual behavior as well.

To experience the Ritual of the Male, apply M-FOR MEN on your palms, face and the heels of your feet-the most tender, erotic part of the male physique. Move upward and massage the calf and upward to the inner-groin area.

Apply M-FOR MEN to the small of the back, where the highest concentration of nerves from the spinal column are centered, and move upward to the pectoral muscles-the seat of man's strength, the nape of the neck and the jaw.
    THANK YOU for digging this out Glovesg .... For those not in the know >> goto pg8
    Had a few closet types comment on my honesty ,, which I found off topic .

Im laughing at you now .... Thrax & Nicolas V ... ... hehehe ,, you are the very secretive type heh ?

SALES

how far away do you spray? I feel like you want a wide spray versus a concentrated stream right?

With chest I would guess a couple of feet away so you ge the whole cloud thing going

but with wrists do you try to get the whole spray on your wrist? I feel like it can be too concentrated if you do that??

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by glovesg View Post

Ritual of the Male

Wow, reading this makes me tingle.....*tee hee*

.......somebody find me some damn M-FOR MEN!!!!!!

Divatologist, I think you are are so cooool....I definetely would like to walk around you and sniff real hard
    a sexy good smelling woman is a super turn on!!!
    I use a similar routine every day and I am in the 5 to 9 spritz camp.
    HATS OFF DIVA!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clgnafcnado View Post
    Divatologist, I think you are are so cooool....I definetely would like to walk around you and sniff real hard
    a sexy good smelling woman is a super turn on!!!
    I use a similar routine every day and I am in the 5 to 9 spritz camp.
    HATS OFF DIVA!!!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Spray it all over!!!

Clgnafcnado I'll cradle you betwix my fragrant mountain tops and sing you a lullaby and send you adrift into a world of scented bliss

Just being my usual naughty self...*giggle* Welcome to Basenotes! I love a good smellin man.

Post Thanks / Like

For me, two sprays on the neck (no wrist, no clothing, no body)...and I use a lot of Creed fragrances. Less is better than more (also Creed says that) and the longtivity is great...holds the whole day, till next day, when I shower I can smell the Creed fragrance. Don´t destroy your sense of smell. Some basenoters are too heavy with spraying, because they say they can´t smell it after 4-5 hours. There must something wrong with skin or nose.

It also really really depends also what fragance you're talking about. The lighter tea scents from Bvlgari cannot compared to spicy monsters like Egoïste or Envy or the candystore A*men. I really cannot smell Bvlgari PH after 2 hours unless I dive into my clothes, and that's with approx 4 spritzes to the chest.
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 8th January 2008 at 09:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

It´s about Creed fragrances

Smile Re: The Secret to Sillage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by P-Natra View Post
    It´s about Creed fragrances
    Um, sure.

This thread is about sillage in general, as was my remark.
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 8th January 2008 at 11:01 AM.

Wink Re: The Secret to Sillage!!!

I've tried MDGRWL's technique for the past couple of days and IT WORKS! From my previous way of spritzing on my neck, back of ears and inner elbows, I tried this new way and the scent lingers more than its usual mileage. Thnx MDGRWL!

Update to my constant sillage problems......lotion helps, more than 1or 2 spritzs helps....using higher quality stuff (Creed, Penhaligon, etc) helps....put that all together and I can get a scent to last for 6-7 hours on me now.

Post Thanks / Like

I only wear Creeds and I spray 1x from a close distance on each inner elbow. The skin there is nice and moist so the scent lasts all day.