Code of Conduct

Default Creed Candle - Defective?

I bought a Pekin Imperial candle, great bergamot scent by the way, online from beautiful perfumes. It will not stay lit. The wax seems not to evaporate while the wick burns down and it smothers itself. Has anyone else out there had this experience with Creed candles? Is it possible that the candle is old and the oils have evaporated from the wax. I had a similar problem once with a Frapin candle. Beautiful perfumes is sending me a replacement.

Default Re: Creed Candle - Defective?

Hey, I am a huge Creed fan and have bought several candles, including Pekin Imperial and have never had a problem such as this. I also have gone in search of cheaper ways to get Creed fragrance from other sources, but it sounds like you got the candle from "Beautiful Perfumes" online which I don't believe is a registered Creed dealer - not the way to go. You should talk to a Creed representative at Neiman's, they will tell you for sure. But if it isn't, then your candle is probably a fake or old because it didn't come directly from Creed. Essentially, I've found the only way to get true Creed products, is to buy from a trustworthy store - and it's definitely worth the price!

Hope this helps.

James
    Last edited by James4321; 5th December 2007 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James4321 View Post
    Hey, I am a huge Creed fan and have bought several candles, including Pekin Imperial and have never had a problem such as this. I also have gone in search of cheaper ways to get Creed fragrance from other sources, but it sounds like you got the candle from "Beautiful Perfumes" online which I don't believe is a registered Creed dealer - not the way to go. You should talk to a Creed representative at Neiman's, they will tell you for sure. But if it isn't, then your candle is probably a fake or old because it didn't come directly from Creed. Essentially, I've found the only way to get true Creed products, is to buy from a trustworthy store - and it's definitely worth the price!

Hope this helps.

James
    Your post reads almost word for word like the one I received from Creed's customer service department today.
    And you just joined Basenotes, hmmm.
    This looks real to me:

Try trimming the wick each time you burn. I do that with all of my candles and it helps a great deal.

stinkin' shill! :wave:

Quote Originally Posted by James4321 View Post

Hope this helps.

James

Quote Originally Posted by Scentnista View Post
    Try trimming the wick each time you burn. I do that with all of my candles and it helps a great deal.
    The problem is the wick burns faster than the wax. Some candles have self-trimming wicks which never need trimming. I think Creed used one of these, but didn't calculate how slow the wax burns - in Creed's case: too slow. Creed does rhyme with Greed.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    stinkin' shill! :wave:
    Your so right. I told the customer service person on line that if she didn't answer my request in a satisfactory way, ie. the possibility that perhaps Creed has had a problem with their candles, I would post on basenotes about my experience. And there it was, a new member doing corporate speak. Have they no shame?
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 7th December 2007 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have a Creed Green Irish Tweed here, and i am very happy with it, the burning is very clean and the wax is all liquid, the smell is wonderfull.
    The candle burns cleaner than the others which i have like L Artasian or Diptyque. But Diptyque are the strongest throw candles which i know, only Opoponax and Baies and Tubereuse, Gardenia and Chene are not so strong.

LG

MN
    Last edited by milanolover; 23rd December 2007 at 09:38 AM.

milanolover- A Chene candle? Where can I get one?

Yes, from Diptyque "Chéne" = Oak
    the sexiest masculine smell ever a good winter frag too..
    you must browse through your diptyque candle dealer in us, i am from germany and don´t know whats going on in US market.

rgds

MN

My Pekin Creed candle finally came to its senses. It burned down to about 1/3 and now works quite well. The scent is fabulous and it seems to be lasting forever. I have to admit though, it was a lot of work for a candle.

YES perfect.. I love my Creed Candle very much, and i would buy Creed Candles again and again, it is only shit that they haven´t the Bois du Portugal scent as Candle.. mmmh

rgds

MN

I wonder about your candle if you are getting a nice bergamot out of it!

Pekin Imperial is supposed to be verbena, rose and sandalwood. I have the room spray and it's very very spicy, it reminds me more than anything of SMN marecialla, but sweetened and powdery. it's very heavy, decadent makes me feel like I shoudl be lying back dragging on an a hookah loaded with opium.