Code of Conduct

Default tuscan leather/coke - le labo patchouli/oud

all the SAs at Neiman Marcus seem to be in agreement on this

I also finally found my cache of oud samples I got from mastrocovie (maestrocove? actually I seem to be spelling his handle wrong and can't find it in the member list) that had been missing and can definitely declare that oud or an imitation of it is a big component of what makes le labo 24 so addictive
    Last edited by supermarky; 5th December 2007 at 07:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: tuscan leather/coke - le labo patchouli/oud

I recently inquired about the presence of oud/agarwood in Patchouli 24. I wrote the Le Labo founders and asked if oud/agarwood was responsible for the slightly medicinal woody accord. Le Labo's response is that there is no agarwood in Patchouli 24 and that the accord I sense is all Birchwood. In other news, the Le Labo store in Dubai will have an exclusive fragrance framed around oud.

Sorry, I did not found the oud smell in Patchouly 24, comparing it with my Indian, Cambojian and Thailand samples. Birchtar and benjoin-styrax - that`s all smoke I could smell.

And if Le Labo will make Oud 3 for Arab countries, I would ask somebody to buy it for me.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

I think it's neither here nor there whether 24 has agarwood essence. After all tuscan leather doesn't have cocaine in it! And I do mean the cambodian oud oil, which it resembles more than rubber I find.
    Last edited by supermarky; 6th December 2007 at 12:17 PM.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky View Post
    I think it's neither here nor there whether 24 has agarwood essence. After all tuscan leather doesn't have cocaine in it! And I do mean the cambodian oud oil, which it resembles more than rubber I find.
    Have you smelled birchwood Chris? Maybe it smells like cambodian oud? I'm just saying...