Code of Conduct

Default When did Black Orchid merge to male use?

When did this happen? Most of the reviews are by men on the basenotes review page.

Default Re: When did Black Orchid merge to male use?

In my area, Black Orchid is displayed on the men's counters as well as on the women's.

It has been considered unisex almost from its introduction.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Basenotes Plus

Does anyone know where you can buy this online in the UK? eBay are charging a fortune for small bottles.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

The only place in the UK that I am aware of that sells it on-line, is SpaceNK and they are out of stock.

Might be easier to go to an actual store and buy it there.

Black Orchid was introduced as a unisex fragrance. Neiman Marcus had it proudly displayed on the men's counter right away.
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

I don't believe Black Orhid was introduced as a unisex fragrance--I think it quickly found its way onto the mens side, though, and even so, it wasn't prominently displayed at the men's section at my local Nordstrom (I had to ask for it).

I bought a bottle, but returned it after one day. I liked where the scent ended up, but it took too long to get there for me and most of that ride smelled a wee bit too feminine for my taste.

I picked up Tom Ford Extreme the other day and it's much much better/masculine. Very classy smelling, albeit a bit shorter lived than what I hoped (I got maybe 5 hours and then it faints).

[QUOTE=Thebark;1111516]I don't believe Black Orhid was introduced as a unisex fragrance--I think it quickly found its way onto the mens side, though, and even so, it wasn't prominently displayed at the men's section at my local Nordstrom (I had to ask for it).

From what I heard the folks at Tom Ford originally decided to market Black Orchid to women, hence their female driven print advertising, but that once it came around time for distribution they decided to mass market it to both sexes.
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The