Code of Conduct

Arrow Results of Two Serge Lutens 'Favorites' Polls

I want to thank everybody who participated in these polls.

I know that the results can be analyzed in any number of different ways. I am looking forward to GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR's analysis of the results from his polls which I think will further explain and possibly change the results given here.

In the end, it didn't seem proper to judge these based solely upon the number of votes each fragrance garnered. There are roughly 25% fewer votes in the non-export poll which imo reflects our somewhat limited exposure to the non-export line. For the same reason, it also didn't seem fair to conduct a runoff poll.

I decided to use the percentage of voters in each poll that chose a particular fragrance. For example, Gris Clair, with 24 votes out of 73, finished lower than Muscs Koublai Khan, which had only 19 votes but received a higher percentage of the vote in that poll.

By that method, here are our top twenty favorite Serge Lutens fragrances:

01 - Ambre Sultan
    02 - Chergui
    03 - Muscs Koublai Khan (tie) [somethinpositiv correctly predicted the top three. ]
    03 - Santal de Mysore (tie)
    05 - Gris Clair
    06 - Fumerie Turque
    07 - Daim Blond
    08 - Chene
    09 - Iris Silver Mist
    10 - Cuir Mauresque
    11 - Arabie
    12 - Borneo 1834
    13 - Vetiver Oriental
    14 - Encens et Lavande
    15 - Douce Amere
    16 - Feminite du Bois (tie)
    16 - Cedre (tie)
    16 - Sa Majeste La Rose (tie)
    19 - Tubereuse Criminelle
    20 - Bois Oriental
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Default Re: Results of Two Serge Lutens 'Favorites' Polls

Cool - results are very interesting - it should be noted that Ambre Sultan is also their best seller!

I will use this list along with your polls put together with mine to make some observations - maybe you should also make another list ranking them all by votes regardless of how many people have tried them?

Thanks for putting this together, it was fun!
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 6th December 2007 at 07:14 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Thank you for this poll! I came here looking for SL feedback!

Don't forget to check out the "which Lutens have you not tried" polls - that puts these numbers in perspective - some of the best ones most people have barely even tried!
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I decided to use the percentage of voters in each poll that chose a particular fragrance. For example, Gris Clair, with 24 votes out of 73, finished lower than Muscs Koublai Khan, which had only 19 votes but received a higher percentage of the vote in that poll.
    Why not have two favorites list then ?
    Last edited by zztopp; 9th December 2007 at 12:17 AM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Why not have two favorites list then ?
    Only one reason - because my poor brain can only deal with a certain number of permutations then it just goes kablooey!

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost