Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Merry Christmas Gift Giveaway!

first i put in spanish and after i use a translator online (i thin that a good bilingual membercan translate is better,translator not take the essence)

Original

Hoy recibí el perfume Sportissimo Galimard..
    cubierto en cálido y hermosos suspiros,
    envío de la dueña de mis amores.
    vino envuelto entre sus lindos latidos.

Sportissimo, con tus excelsos versos...
    llenas de amor, mi corazón y alma,
    muero por probar tu olor

Tus notas son tiernos embelesos.
    aunque aun no te he tenido solo para mi,
    ya mis sentimientos no están ilesos

Mi amor te pertenece Sportissimo,
    es tu calor que siento hasta los huesos
    la esencia de tu fuego, y ardiente llama!

Traductor online:
    Today I received the perfume Sportissimo Galimard.. Cutlery(Covered) in hot and beautiful sighs, Sending(Parcel) of the owner of my loves. Wrapped(Involved) wine between(among) his(its,her) pretty beatings.

Sportissimo, with your lofty verses... You fill of love, my heart and soul, I die to try your smell

Your notes are tender raptures. Though even I have not had you only for my, Already my feelings are not unharmed

My love you belongs(concerns) Sportissimo, It is your heat that I sit up to the bones The essence of your fire, and ardent flame!

OK, so heres a hit at the Bonds No.9. I've never smelled it, but think I know someone who would love it!

Bonds No.9 New Haarlem

Now if coffee is an eagle,
    And lavender a dove
    Then the coffee speaks of passion
    And the lavender, of love
    Whilst the coffee note may rise
    And shake its angry fist,
    The lavender shall soften
    and soothe this lovers tryst

With a base of precious amber
    And vanilla pod divine,
    It would seem New Haarlem's contrasts
    May suit a love of mine
    For she is also known
    For her passion and her drama
    But for this Merry Christmas
    She'll be my hot, sexy mama!

you people are making my head spin... I am sitting back and enjoying this, my sympathies are going out to the Judge...how on earth will you decide the winner?????
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

RESULTS:

With the help of a fellow basenoter.. though the process was difficult, we have determined a winner. Actually, because it's the XMAS season, I have chosen more than one winner... the results are as follows:

GRAND PRIZE WINNER:
    Dmitri - New Haarlem ( I hope she enjoyes it thoroughly)

OTHER PRIZE WINNERS

Live Jazz - (bottle of Jazz)
    r2s - (bottle of xeryus rouge)
    knightowl - (bottle of black XS)
    the good life: (bottle of signoricci)

Everyone did a great job, and I regret not being able to provide more gift bottles for the efforts. This has been a lot of fun. If the winners will PM me their complete addresses, I will ship their bottles off to them.. this week..at no charge.

A big THANK YOU goes out to the basenoter who helped me with the judging.

Cheers,

a.

WOW!!

You have made my Christmas NearFantastica, and might I say you have exceptional taste in selecting your panel of judges! Haha! Thanks to those who helped out - it must have been a tough call as there were some very clever submissions here!

Actually, all jokes aside, I am so thrilled... I get the idea my beloved will love this scent, and for someone who seldom spoils herself, this looks to be just the ticket to treat her!

Congrats to all the other winners, and once again, thanks Nearfantastica for spreading some Xmas cheer!

Dimi

"Uh wow. This is so great. I don't know what to say, except I want to thank my producer Bill Shakespeare and all the people at the Norton Anthology of English Literature and my mom and dad and my lovely wife and daughter and of course Nina Ricci for inspiration. But most of all NearFantastica who is not just spreading the X-mas spirit but actually donning old St. Nicks boots and stuffing socks! Thanks also to the judge(s) and to everybody who contributed such marvellous poetry."

When do we publish "Odes to Perfume. Fragrance Lovers Sing their Praise" ? Bond No. 9 & Co. would surely sponsor...

Besides my daughter's happy giggles, this is the nicest Christmas present I'm getting
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

This thread restores my faith in human nature! At a time where co workers in my office building struggle to even make eye contact or to say hi especially at this time of year!

Bravo NearFantastica
    Last edited by r2s; 10th December 2007 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    "When do we publish "Odes to Perfume. Fragrance Lovers Sing their Praise" ? Bond No. 9 & Co. would surely sponsor...
    LOL! Damn right they ought to! Great idea the_good_life!
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 10th December 2007 at 04:30 PM.

Congratulations Dimitri, your lucky beloved lady, and the other talented winners! The poems are wonderful; what a treat it was to read the entries! Bravo!

And thanks NearFantastica for your generosity -- It never ceases to amaze and gratify me how generous and kind fragrance enthusiasts are, with an unusually few number of exceptions; every internet forum seems to have "difficult personalities" but so far in my experience the last few months of my new scent enthusiasm this has been blessedly and almost startlingly rare. I've never encountered such a warm and welcoming corner of the internet hobby universe before and I thank you all.

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

Three cheers for NearFantastica!!

This was truly a contest that everyone benefitted from. Congrats to the winners and a big thanks to NF for spreading the joy.
    You are not your perfume.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Merry Christmas Gift Giveaway!

Well deserved congratulations to Dimitri, Live Jazz, r2s, knightowl and the good life for your very creative efforts. Good reads, one and all!

And thanks Anthony for a really fun time, both in entering and getting to read all the wonderful and varied entries. Your generosity in conceiving, 'funding' and giving your time to make this site even better was so nice to see happen and to participate in. Thoughtful events like this help make Basenotes the standout e-site for fragrance afficianados. And many thanks to the assistant judges too> Bravo!
    "Are you a god?"
    "No"
    "Are you a wizard?"
    "No"
    "Are you a man?"
    "No"
    "Then what are you?"
    "I am awake.."

Anthony, a big public THANK YOU for the bottle of New Haarlem that arrived today

I couldnt resist sampling from it while the Mrs is on a business trip, and i must say i do find your previously posted insights quite accurate when you likened the syrupy gourmand notes to Rochas Man. Its an intriguing scent and Im certain the wife will enjoy it enormously. Its sitting on her dresser for when she gets home.

Cheers again!
    Dimi