Code of Conduct

Smile Lovely Scented Random Thoughts......

You ever had a thought about a scent, perfume, or cologne but didn't feel as though it was really thread worthy. Well, come on in and post those wonderful thoughts you have about anything smelly!!!

My thought today was that I never noticed how much Gucci Rush smells like Clive Christian 'X' on me.

It would be nice if for just one Christmas they could let us use the store coupons on the latest frags.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Default Re: Lovely Scented Random Thoughts......

I just realized why my husband liked D&G Light Blue so much - it smells like DKNY Be Delicious, which I had to sell because it made my throat burn. He bought me that *blush*. Another one to avoid.

Blog Entries

my thought is:

I wish a psychic could predict what insane decision my favorite perfumers are going to make in the future re: discontinuing scents I love...so I could stock up in advance!
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

My random thought...

I wish my friends understood my obsession. I wish just once, they would come over and NOT run into the perfume "room" to check out my new aquisitions only to tell me how insane I am, and how it would take 50 years to use up all that "stuff". And what about the poor starving children in Africa, or the AIDS problem, or any number of other equally needy people who could use a little "help". In other words, my money could be much better spent elsewhere! Mmmmm.... I wonder what their take on crack is?
    Oh, and for the record? I do give to certain charities, as they well know!

OK rant over.......
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    Gucci Rush smells like Clive Christian 'X' on me.
    That should save you a lot of money!

[wrong thread!]
    Last edited by tang; 28th November 2007 at 04:04 AM.
    Sniff and let sniff.

I want to go on vacation to Alaska so I can find ambergris on the beach.
    I will hijack an entire vacation to be able to do that.

I really MUST go to Paris some time very soon!!! Need to visit a few boutiques there...

Whenever I suggest a trip to Paris, Mr. quakes in fear and proposes a trip anywhere else, perhaps Buenos Aires.
    Sending BEMs scuttling back to Betelgeuse with my fierce fumage!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=200749

Ahh Paris!! I would love to go there on a perfume tour of some sort. I would love to visit a perfume Rodeo Drive where they would have perfume houses lined up one after the other. I imagine by the time I got to the end of the street I would be one smelly lady LOL!! I would love every minute of it.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

Oh yes, I want to go to Serge Lutens and Caron and and get royally drunk on perfume.

My co-worker came to me for perfume advice today. She wanted to get her daughter something for her 17th birthday. Not even knowing, I suggested Princess by Vera Wang as one of the scents for her to try, and it just so happens that was the theme they had for her birthday. She was so excitied that there was a perfume called Princess for her Princess. She said that she knew I would know what to get.

I am so an official Basenoter........

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

My co-worker came to me for perfume advice today. She wanted to get her daughter something for her 17th birthday. Not even knowing, I suggested Princess by Vera Wang as one of the scents for her to try, and it just so happens that was the theme they had for her birthday. She was so excitied that there was a perfume called Princess for her Princess. She said that she knew I would know what to get.

Ooooh. That story made me tingly.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

You know, something "similar" happened to me a while ago, there was this young guy that wanted a scent for a mature woman,someone i didn't know... i won't say exactly what he said because some ladies might find it offensive, anyways, while he was talking i got an image in my head, like a painting, with every word, there was a brush stroke and at the end, all i could say is that: "maybe she'll like Youth Dew in EDP"...days later he mentioned that she cried a bit because she forgot the scent ages ago because of things that happened in her life -moving away, the passing of her husband, in short, life- and it was one of her favorites and when she smelled it it all came back to her.
    That made my day for sure.
    So congratulations Diva, for giving joy to people the way you do, and because i love reading your posts as well.

cheers

Tell me about it Quarry. I get so excited when I talk about perfume. Only thing is no one around me wants to talk about it with me. So, I get a rush when others come to me about perfume. I'm so glad I found you guys.

Thank you Castorpollux. We're all just making the world smell better one room at a time LOL!! So spread that beautifully scented love of yours. It will make you tingle....*sniggle*
    --------------------------------------
    There's nothing better than getting brown packages and rediscovering a beautiful scent all over again. I really have too much perfume. As if that is possilbe for a BN. Parish the thought of having too many bottles of joy.
    Last edited by Divatologist; 1st December 2007 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm so glad to have my Brother from another Mother.....

My Fragrant Brother.....mikeperez23

Everything you smell & like turns to heaven in my nasal cavity too. Thanks for turning me on to Hermes!!

I've got just one word to say.................

ELIXIR.................yeah baby!!! OK so that's three LOL!! I just love the word ELIXIR. It sounds like something that would make you feel wickedly good. OOOWW!
    Last edited by Divatologist; 8th December 2007 at 11:13 AM.