Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Recent Compliments

People seem to like Trouble,Angel, Hypnotic Poison, Chergui,Crystal Noir and Narciso Rodriguez on me...but espesially Angel and Trouble.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 28th January 2008 at 07:53 PM.

I got a huge bottle of Grace by Philosophy Body Cream for Christmas. I generously lather myself with it some days and it's amazing how many times someone will ask what great perfume I'm wearing. I have not tried the perfume, would love to hear comments from others who have. I have layered other perfumes on top of it and some have worked, i.e. Lolita but others just clash...

Blog Entries

Am at school today and got three compliments this morning from students - which segued into a discussion of perfumes - got a chance to ask the girls what they wear - mostly Bath and Body Works and Victoria's Secret - but nice to know Jardin sur le Nil was a hit.

There is hope for the younger generation yet
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

I get most of my compliments wearing Saks for Her by Bond No. 9- all the ladies in my office love it

Barely in the door at work today before a coworker is sniffing me out because I smelled so good. Kingdom works very well for me in that respect.

recent compliment was actually when i mixed a few perfumes together-- bonds bleecker street and west side
    Last edited by lilyb79; 28th January 2008 at 10:36 PM.

I've yet to recieve a compliment. Probably because I'm always in fear of over applying, and the fact that my skin is usually dry doesn't help out either.

Mandrake9072 exfoliate and moisturize!! Spray on enough so when you walk outside I can smell you in Maryland LOL!! Don't be afraid to spay it up. Most perfumes smell strong when you just apply them, but they will calm down eventually and level off. Most of what you spray on will evaporate into thin air as the day goes on. What you want is to spray on enough that what didn't evaporate gets absorbed into your skin and lotion helps with that. So, remove that dead skin and moisturize. You will notice an amazing difference.

It's funny cause one of the traveling nurses asked me what kind of perfumes I wear and everyone in the nurse's station just busted out laughing. She asked what was so funny. One girl who has worked with me a while said she didn't know which one I had more of shoes or perfume. The travelling nurse said that I always smell good.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

A*Men, Dzing!, and Genvy. Not surprising.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Madame X again drew some positive responses for me. I must--must--get more.

Today: "what's that FANTASTIC smell?" = JLo Glow.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Today I went to have my eyebrows done after work ... my stylist leaned in and said "mmmm you smell wonderful! The best thing I've smelled ALL day!"

I was wearing Le Baiser du Dragon.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I wore Tinkers Lights of Champs Elysees to work ( I love it by the way and my co workers went nuts over it.....dammitt

I 've been getting a lot of compliments wearing Sarrasins by Serge Lutens lately.

I just had to tell you about my latest compliment. It's the ultimate compliment to me when someone just walks up to me and inhales me. This guy I work with did this last week. I walked in the ER and he was standing there and he just walked up to me and inhaled me lol. He told everyone that I always smell good. I wore Alien for Vday and it made him cuss ROFL! He was like you smell good girl. Then he turned around again and said DAMN!! that SHIT smells good. I told you ladies not tosleep on that Alien.

I wore Bell en Rykiel and I got like 5 compliments that day. This was the same day that guy inhaled me. It did smell amazing on me that day. I kept getting whiffs of myself. I love that stuff. My little concoctions are the bomb honey child.

Bell en Rykiel + Aveda Patchouli + Baby Magic Soft Baby Scent/Belle en Rykiel Lotion

Alien + Aveda Patchouli + Baby Magic Soft Baby Scent/Alien Lotion

I do know a fellow BNer that tried my Alien concotion and got a compliment from someone that has never complimented her on anything that she has worn.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

"MMMM that smells yummy". My husband said that to me the other day when I was wearing Visa by Piguet. Unfortunately, all I was thinking the whole day prior to his great compliment was, "I can not stand this scent, I need to shower".
    Last edited by Brielle87; 18th February 2008 at 06:07 AM. Reason: typo
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

I've been wearing Alien a lot lately and got quite a few compliments. Unfortunately, I'm a bit fed up with the scent and will not repurchase the bottle after the current one is finished (that will happen very soon I think).

I almost never got compliments before I started to wear Sacre and Sacrebleu. Haha - Since I'm not used to it, I look like this: every time I get compliments

I usually get compliments when I wear Tres Russe (Institut Tres Bien), as it is quite an unusual scent. Bois d'Argent and even Philosykos seem to have their appeal, too.

Ralph Lauren Romance (from a guy: "you smell so good I could LICK you!")
    Stella (from receptionist at work)
    Coco Mademoiselle (from a female boss)