Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Latest scores at TJX

I scored Sung Pour Homme, Paco XS, and at Opium pour Homme at Ross.

Saw a 3.4 oz of Paco Rabanne pour Homme for $18, but I have it already.

I really should have bought the 1.7 of RL Safari. Went back for it two days later. Its gone.

I returned Givenchy Gentleman! P.U. too much Patchouli!

Quote Originally Posted by twinbee View Post
    I returned Givenchy Gentleman! P.U. too much Patchouli!
    I agree with your assesment of Givenchy Gentleman, much too "dense" and strong.

So far the TJX's I've visited this week look like a flock of Vampires have been through, according to my talk with manager, new inventory is on hold till early January. As a TJX shareholder, the amount of damaged inventory in the fragrance section is depressing, sales seem ok in an otherwise weak christmas season.

TJX needs to figure out how FB avoids having people opening fragrance boxes.

Hopefully I'll see some L'occi stuff flowing through so far all I've seen is a few room air freshener spray's.
    Last edited by Nitromusk; 23rd December 2007 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitromusk View Post
    I agree with your assesment of Givenchy Gentleman, much too "dense" and strong.

So far the TJX's I've visited this week look like a flock of Vampires have been through, according to my talk with manager, new inventory is on hold till early January. As a TJX shareholder, the amount of damaged inventory in the fragrance section is depressing, sales seem ok in an otherwise weak christmas season.

TJX needs to figure out how FB avoids having people opening fragrance boxes.

Hopefully I'll see some L'occi stuff flowing through so far all I've seen is a few room air freshener spray's.

At the ones by me, they started putting them in these plastic case that have to opened by sales associates. No one can smell them, but more importantly, they can't open them. I've actually seen people mangling boxes, sniff, and then not buy it. At least when we go and see something, we have an idea how it smells, so the locked boxes are fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    At the ones by me, they started putting them in these plastic case that have to opened by sales associates. No one can smell them, but more importantly, they can't open them. I've actually seen people mangling boxes, sniff, and then not buy it. At least when we go and see something, we have an idea how it smells, so the locked boxes are fine by me.
    They do that at some of the more "urban" locations. I do enjoy sampling fragrances at TJX, but that should be handled by having testers (with a hard glued EAS tag) and the rest in shoplifting proof boxes.

I'm guessing that the economics of it mean that there is an acceptible level of shrink, and that if you lock everything up, without sampling, you get less fragrance sales overall and consume more labor.

Today I got B*Men 3.4 oz EDT (no box) and Perry Ellis 360 White at Marshall's. The Perry Ellis was all taped up, probably because it was opened and it had a security tag on the bottom. A few of the other Perry Ellis cases looked worse though. They also had Lacoste and Cool Water gift sets, but some of the pieces were taken. They also had Versace Blue Jeans, Bvlgari Blv and Polo Sport for Women.
    Last edited by 77Pat; 30th December 2007 at 01:38 AM.

Not quite TJX, but I did score a bottle Azzaro PH for $20/50ml at Filene's basement. Very nice classic 1970s fougere, marvelously well blended with a fair amount of musk in the base. Something that does not smell like the current crop of men's fragrances. However unlike some other big fougere's it doesn't "take up space" as say Drakkar Noir would.

This month I've been on a real musk kick after a chance encounter with a bottle of Jovan Musk. Jovan Musk is much to perfumey for my taste, but it got me thinking about 70's era musky fragrances. Hence a sampling of Azzaro PH, and planned purchase of Paco Rabanne and Kouros.

Downside is that these aren't terribly good office fragrances, so somewhat limited opportunity to wear them. .