Code of Conduct

Default Strange issue with SL`s Chypre Rouge at Escentual

Hello.

I have finally set myself for purchasing this marvelous fragrance, and I will order it from Escentual; the place I have ordered before without a single problem.

But now, I`m slightly confused. Take a look at this : http://www.escentual.com/cgi-bin/Esc...Catalog/101328

What the heck??!!

I mean, to my knowledge there isn`t anything but Haute Concentration version for real, but this info claims there to be regular EdP out of Chypre Rouge, as well.
    Really, has anyone ever pumped into Chypre Rouge other that in Haute Concentration??? I doubt.

Heh, it occured to me, the cheap chap as I am, that if I order that 50pound bottle, they still would send me that HC bottle, since really, I am quite certain that is the only one available.

What do you think? Should I take the risk, and order that "supposedly regular" EdP, believing that they will send me that Haute version anyway....

Of course, I can ask this srtickly from the store, but I thought it would be more interesting to hear your opinions first, at least.

Default Re: Strange issue with SL`s Chypre Rouge at Escentual

I followed the link to Escentual and that's £65.00 GBP for a 50ml size bottle. Like you said it's just the only concentration available and is described as Eaux de parfum - haute concentration. They sell the same bottle at Luckscent and the description is the same so I think that is normal. Price is roughly the same too if you take into account exchange rates although of course it would be better for you to order from UK for Customs etc.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detai...ection=1&rv=on

Andy
    Last edited by Healer; 7th December 2007 at 12:04 PM.

Basenotes Institution

I'm confused Pigeon - I only see (when I click the Escentual link) the Haute Concentration, not an EDP on the site, for sale??

Yes, CR is in Haute Concentration - there is no EDP.

I verified this at the blog Serge Lutens Nearly All The Facts

It must have been a mistake - had you ordered it right away, they probably would have just sent it to you for the lower price, or else apologied and told you they'd made a mistake.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Oh my God.

It seems that Escentual people are watching Basenotes in regular basis, because yes indeed; that 50pound EdP has been dismissed. Hah hah hah!

I don`t believe this. Really, when I made this thread, there was available Chypre Rouge EdP in 50 pounds, and CR Haute Consentration in 65pounds.

Now things have changed, there is only available CR HC in 65pounds, and it is SO obvious that this spesific store follows Basenotes very clearly. (hmmm....perhaps some B`Noter gave them a bit help)

B-I-Z-A-R-R-E.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMurderer View Post
    Oh my God.

It seems that Escentual people are watching Basenotes in regular basis, because yes indeed; that 50pound EdP has been dismissed. Hah hah hah!

I don`t believe this. Really, when I made this thread, there was available Chypre Rouge EdP in 50 pounds, and CR Haute Consentration in 65pounds.

Now things have changed, there is only available CR HC in 65pounds, and it is SO obvious that this spesific store follows Basenotes very clearly. (hmmm....perhaps some B`Noter gave them a bit help)

B-I-Z-A-R-R-E.
    How very...cloak and dagger, no?

I don't know... I just looked, out of curiosity, and I found both listed, with an EdP for 50 pounds

http://www.escentual.com/cgi-bin/Esc.../sergelutens20

Look at this older thread:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ht=eau+fraiche

Perhaps there are two versions, although other sites suggest that CR, DB and Cèdre were only ever produced as haute concentrations perfumes. Mysterious.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I see two options available too...I say go for the cheaper one!