Code of Conduct

Default Best Jasmine Scent A Guy Could Own...

I am searching for a jasmine fragrance that isn't too watered down (L'Artisan's The Pour Un Ete) or too fruity or so mixed with other things that it's practically unrecognizable. Oh, and that a guy could get away with if he had the huevos. That's right, I am looking for a skanky jasmine that while it isn't 100% feminine, leans heavily toward the feminine side of unisex. Did I mention that indolic and skanky would be a plus?

Default Re: Best Jasmine Scent A Guy Could Own...

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    I am searching for a jasmine fragrance that isn't too watered down (L'Artisan's The Pour Un Ete) or too fruity or so mixed with other things that it's practically unrecognizable. Oh, and that a guy could get away with if he had the huevos. That's right, I am looking for a skanky jasmine that while it isn't 100% feminine, leans heavily toward the feminine side of unisex. Did I mention that indolic and skanky would be a plus?
    Sarrasins all the way.

Thanks sofresh. I will check out the reviews and get a sample!

Jasmin Full by Montale

Ascella, why do I always forget Montale's Jasmin Full? I had a sample of it a year ago and gave it away. At the time is seemed to much of a soliflor but at the moment that might be just what the doctor ordered... I will write to Vijay for another sample.

Creed's Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie is also worth considering.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Might as well just try a couple of pfffts of Joy.

PaulSC, good idea. Will check it out. This is one Creed I haven't tried yet. Thanks!
    --------------------------------------
    Pluran, you wacky guy. As if I would ever wear a dish washing liquid!
    Last edited by paintrman; 7th December 2007 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think Jasmine Imperatrice is too weak and girly - the rrreal manly funky jasmines are Jasmin Full, which has been mentioned already, and Sarrasins - which smells like Jasmine on suede and nasty sweat, and there's one called "Jasmin et Tabac" which I haven't tried but have been told is great - Jasmine and Tobacco.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

I like the jasmine note in Truth CK Men. It's there but isn't "girly". Also, easy on the wallet compared to all the niche labels.

The Donna Karan essence of Jasmine is certainly very very potent, I got the oil on ebay for a steal and I like to wear it when I go to the gym or to yoga. It's beautiful, strong and simple. I love it.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

The Different Company's JASMIN DE NUIT is wonderful stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    I think Jasmine Imperatrice is too weak and girly - the rrreal manly funky jasmines are Jasmin Full, which has been mentioned already, and Sarrasins - which smells like Jasmine on suede and nasty sweat, and there's one called "Jasmin et Tabac" which I haven't tried but have been told is great - Jasmine and Tobacco.
    I have a bottle of that (excpet mine is called Jasmin & Cigarette)...its nice, nothing skanky about it though (which I happen to like). Basically just jasmin & tobacco!

Such good ideas...all! I have written to Vijay and it looks like I am going to have to start doing some research on jasmine scents since there are so many of them. I love the Different Company's rose scent (tested about a year ago and loved it's skanky goodness but haven't tried the Jasmine one. I have to admit that Sarrasins is sounding pretty good with jasmine and leather and skanky sweat! MMMM! Jasmine and Cigarettes also sounds interesting. Thanks.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    I'm assuming Kelley that A La Nuit by Serge Lutens is not what you're looking for? When I read this thread I went home for lunch and sprayed myself with a few drops of ALN (on top of my SOTD Tuscan Leather) and this juice is so flowery and so...well feminine and yet I think it smells great!

I'm also assuming Kelley that you want a jasmine specific 'skanky' scent, not just one thats floral like Jardin du Nil by MPG or Nuit Noire by Mona d'Orio..?

Sarassins sounds great - but I haven't smelled it.

Mike, very good questions. I have a couple of scents that have jasmine in them like Kingdom but the jasmine gets lost in the other notes. I just want a jasmine dominant scent. The Sarrasins sounds good. I haven't tried many of the other suggestions either, like A La Nuit. I haven't tried the MPG either but love most of their more masculine offerings. As for the Mona D'Orio, can you tell me a little more of what it's like (if you get a chance, Mike, can you tell me about the MPG too?). So many scents, so little time! I thought the Jasmine Full was pretty much a jasmine soliflor and so I didn't got for it originally, but now I am thinking I should give it another shot. I don't want to smell like my Aunt Sharon but maybe like my Uncle Bud in drag! The scent will need something else to it that grounds it...a little...that blurs the edges between masculine and feminine.

There is no doubt about what is the best Jasmine, it is the unadulterated absolute of Egyptian Jasmine, even diluted as a perfume by 5%.
    AbdesSalaam Attar

In terms of availability, I second A La Nuit.

Try Guerlain's Samsara - its basically Jasmine and Sandlewood. A cheaper and more 'Americanized' version is called CK Truth for men.

Try getting yourself a very small bottle of good quality Jasmine essential oil from an aromatherapy shop or visit your local health food store. Often times they have tester bottles available so you can try the scent first. This approach would give you the fullest purest rendition of Jasmine. Then if you like it, buy a small bottle of Jojoba oil and dillute two drops of Jasmine oil with 6 drops of JoJoba oil, rub your hands together then apply anywhere on your body. It's great for a long lasting scent.
    A great essential oil company is Oshadi.

Good Luck

I have been living in the niche world for so long that I haven't even seen CK Truth for men. I will check that one out. Saving money could be a good thing!

Gendarme V.
    Jasmine isn't listed in the BN scent pyramid for this fragrance.
    We have jasmine growing over an arbor in our front yard and every mid-spring, late at night, the intoxicating fragrance creeps into every open window of the house. Gendarme V totally captures that aroma...with the added bonus of a bit of civet and vetiver accords to add to the mysteriousness of the fragrance.
    Come to think of it, it's actually one of my favorite scents that I own -although I seldom wear it.
    Hmmm, maybe it'll be my sotd tomorrow...

You might like to try by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier's Jasmin. The jasmine note is my favorite floral note and MPG's Jasmin is the best jasmine fragrance I've found. The jasmine is slightly spicy and, except for some oakmoss in the drydown, it is pretty much solo flower. It is quite feminine, though, but a fantastic jasmine fragrance.

foetidus, great idea and easily available! Can't beat that. I will check it out.

Manuel, unfortunately, I have tried all of the Gendarme frags and don't care for any of them. I didn't get any jasmine in Gendarme V at all but that just shows how different we all are and how funny perception really is! Thanks though!
    Last edited by paintrman; 8th December 2007 at 01:59 PM.

I wanted to say A la Nuit last time too, but didn't know whether it will be good on a male, so I wrote only Jasmin Full which in my opinion is more masculine, but if you can wear A la Nuit, it is definitely fabulous too! Try also Jazmin by Norma Kamali, it is less costly but just as much jasmine soliflore as Jasmin Full and A la Nuit. These three stand on a level of their own in terms of how jasminish it is.
    Maître Parfumeur et Gantier's Jasmin is only mediocre in my opinion, a bit without focus, but that's probably only me...
    Please try Diptyque's Olene too, it is heavy on jasmine and perhaps some hints of narcissus.
    Marc Jacob's Blush is an easy to find jasmine too, quite soft, but I like it only so so, but maybe worth to try anyway.
    I quite like Annick Goutal's Le Jasmin myself, but it is that sparkling and girly kind of jasmine.
    Last edited by Ascella; 8th December 2007 at 06:25 PM.

One of the absolute best jasmine of the market is Bruno Acampora Jasmine T. Probably the best jasmine I've ever experienced in life.

One I currently enjoy is Style for Men by M Micallef
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Boss's The Collection SILK JASMINE...very woody and quite masculine

Oscar de la Renta for men has a nicr jasmin note and price makes it a steal.

Creed Jasmal and Dukes of Pall Mall Cotswold

Basenotes Junkie

Depends on how you like your jasmine, but Le Maroc Pour Elle from Tauer is a nice jasmine fragrance. It is classed as feminine and I can see that, but it is a big fragrance and not entirely out of place on a guy. I'd call it a heady, semi dirty jasmine. Spray it at home, by yourself as the top notes and first 15-30 minutes are fairly feminine, but then it smooths out and wears pretty well.

rick

How 'bout Eau Sauvage?
    by the time you can afford good speakers, you can't hear the difference

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Beftus View Post
    How 'bout Eau Sauvage?
    You get Jasmine in Eau Savage? I'd have to try it again looking specifically for it, but I certainly don't remember getting any.

rick

While confirming that there is jasmin note in Eau Sauvage EDT, would also suggest Jasmin Noir by Bvlgari.

35 replies and wot no Jicky?

Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge and A La Nuit are my top choices

Amouage Reflection man. Certainly some other things in there as well, but jasmine is one of the most prominent notes.

Bergamotto Marino: Bergamot and jasmine... Pure and simple

An old thread but if the thread starter is still interested:

TAWAF by La Via del Profumo

A roaring Jasmine-Monster!
    FAVOURITES:

1. Dia Man
    2. Tawaf
    3. Skin Graft
    4. Vitrum
    5. Norne
    6. Incense Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by hoschhti View Post
    An old thread but if the thread starter is still interested:

TAWAF by La Via del Profumo

A roaring Jasmine-Monster!
    what he said. Best jasmine out there.

Basenotes Junkie

If you like vanilla, the Atellier Vanilla Intense is vanilla and jasmine mixed in perfect harmony. Totally men's jasmine in disguise. To anyone else that doesn't know it you smell a creamy vanilla. If you smell a little closer you can smell the jasmine under it. Really nice.

rick

Nuda by Nasomatto. Or, well, Joy by Patou!
    My current top five:

Yohji Yamamoto - Yohji Homme (vtg)
    Boucheron - Jaipur Homme
    Serge Lutens - Fumerie Turque
    Hermès - Equipage (vtg)
    YSL - M7 (vtg)

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

Aromatics Elixir by Clinique. Or Aramis 900 if you prefer (pretty much the same fragrance). A Jasmin/Leather combo.