Code of Conduct

Default which is the favorite bond no.9 scent for men?

i'm looking to purchase a bottle of bond no.9 because a friend had the wall street edition which i really liked. What is everyone's favorite bond no.9 scent for men?

Default Re: which is the favorite bond no.9 scent for men?

New Harleem
    Bleecker Street

New Haarlem
    Bleecker Street
    Hamptons

New Haarlem
    Eau de New York

i hear that new haarlem is similar to angel man by thierry mugler and fi that's the case then i can't wear it because the angel scent is horrible on my body. everyone who smelle dit on me said its disgusting and that i smell " like shit"

Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier View Post
    i hear that new haarlem is similar to angel man by thierry mugler and fi that's the case then i can't wear it because the angel scent is horrible on my body. everyone who smelle dit on me said its disgusting and that i smell " like shit"
    New Haarlem is an amazing fragrance, Angel Men, is like you said "shit".

so there is no similarity? alot of people of blogs have said that new haarlem and angel are very similar

The similarity in my opinion goes as far as them both being gourmands. One is very yummy, the other is very head-ache inducing.

Another vote here for New Haarlem.

Riverside Drive is a nice one for me. A consistent compliment getter when I wear it.

Basenotes Plus

I haven't tried many of the mens fragrances. I wasn't to keen on Wall Street but I did quite like The Scent of Peace which I believe is unisex. My favourite Bond fragrances are Chinatown and Nuits de Noho, but they are both womens so you probably wont want those. I heard the new Silver Factory is meant to be amazing, I've heard nothing but good reviews.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Great Jones is my favorite but I've only tried two(New Harlem) of them. Great juice but it doesn't last very long on me.

Dan
    Last edited by Lightninrod; 8th December 2007 at 11:29 PM.
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Riverside Drive by far. Next is chez bond and last blecker street.

bleecker street, new haarlem, chinatown
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

I'm kinda in love with Bleeker Street. It's fan-tas-tic! Crisp, green, yet vanilla gourmand and for some reason I get a touch of smoke.

New Harlem is certainly gourmand, and has a masculine edge. They both have coffee as a star ingredient but I don't know if I'd go as far as to compare them and contrast them as they are in my opinion very separate beings. For what it's worth, I like them both on their own.

And I really love Fire Island. Sure it smells a little like White Rain hairspray but in the summer, it's guaranteed to put a smile on your face. This one pushes the masculine envelope a bit though. On a man it conjurs the image of "clean human being."
    Last edited by nthny; 10th December 2007 at 04:31 PM.

There are a number of bond no. 9 fragrances which are very suitable for men (New Haarlem, Wall Street, Hamptons and Little Italy). Some of them are inspired by Creeds like Millesime Imperial and SMW, and while very good, to me they don't quite capture the distinctive blend and magic of what are two of the best rich/crisp water citrus fragrances released in the past decade or so.

Little Italy is a fragrance which deserves more attention. Not only does it feature one of the best tangerine and clementine notes, that note is also very long lasting. Little Italy is a perfect mix of bright notes and latent dirtiness and manages to showcase it in a far more coherent manner than something like Malle's Bigarade Concentree which opens with a promising burst of citrus notes before disintegrating into a cedar and hay mess far too soon. But ofcourse the Malle gets more attention because its by J-C Ellena who supposedly doesn't give interviews yet somehow mysteriously winds up in news articles almost every month (with quotable quotes no less)..
    -

If I am remembering the right one correctly, little italy is my least fav. It smells like wrotten itallian food that has been thrown in the dumpster in a busy new york neighborhood. I have riverside drive on its way to me. I will everntually own chez bond as well, one day. Perhaps blecker street to but RD is the classic of them all! Sooo good.

I own :

New Haarlem
    Bleecker Street
    Riverside Drive

(Silver Factory sounds interesting.)

On me, New Haarlem lasts over 24hr, no exaggeration.

New Haarlem is the only Bond I own and love. Some nice things are being said about the latest Silver Factory. It is suppose to be 28% concentration but I can't get it to last longer than 10 minutes on my skin. New Haarlem lasts 8 easily.

I haven't tried all of them but Hamptons my personal favorite by far. It's alot like Silver Mountain Water, only drier and grassier if that makes sense. It seems to also add a bit of "hotness" to it as well...such as cinnamon perhaps. I don't know but it's the only fragrance I've ever worn that a few different people have stopped dead in their tracks and asked "what in the world is that smell!!?" They absolutely love it. To me it doesn't smell like a traditional "cologne." ..just a very modern frag.
    Of the others, they're all great quality and nicer than the average fragrance out there. My wife had Chinatown at one time and I absolutely loved it. Talking and sweet and sultry. ..."very" sexy stuff. I sampled Little Italy and to me it just smelled like lemon...like lemon pine sol or something. I hated it. I haven't sampled New Harlem yet but I hear it's alot like Rochas Man instead of Angel...which is good in my opinion. ..It actually has the same perfumer behind both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    If I am remembering the right one correctly, little italy is my least fav. It smells like wrotten itallian food that has been thrown in the dumpster in a busy new york neighborhood.
    Actually, that doesn't sound like Little Italy at all. Little Italy smells EXACTLY like pure grated tangerine and orange peel... and nothing else. It reminds me of orange gelato. If it lasted longer, I'd definitely rock it in the summer.

My favorite, not for men...but works for me like a charm is Nuits de NoHo!! Especially on cold windy nights..the patchouli-pineapple combo just sings to you. Gents, wear this and watch compliments fly. SERIOUSLY!! Don't sleep on this one.
    I also like Gramercy Park, and H.O.T Always. I used to like New Haarlem, but I'm kinda bored with it now.
    Last edited by Quixotiq; 10th December 2007 at 10:16 PM.

H.O.T. Always -- it's like the old Givenchy Gentleman with more cinnamon and some nice grassy notes thrown in.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 10th December 2007 at 10:20 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Basenotes Institution

Fire Island - although I must admit I enjoy smelling it on a man more than I like wearing it on myself.

The Hamptons was the only one I've ever smelled. You must re-apply(If needed)

I get a lot of compliments on Bleecker Street which I use as generally more of a summer fragrance, and although I doubt I would buy it again because of the price, I love it.

Bleecker Street for me.

Silver Factory is Bond no 9's best scent yet.....however, might be a lil to cutting edge for most men to wear.
    Not me, I can't get enough.

I don't find silver factory cutting edge because it is in genre of gucci ph and cdg 2 man although it is nicely done. I would have to vote for bleeker street as well. It is a bit smoother than Original Vetiver.

I love HOT Always and Fire Island. Bond No. 9 is most successful when it's a little playful, tongue-in-cheek, and therefore creative. I find Saks Fifth Avenue for Men to be quite lovely despite its being much-maligned here. I'm very interested to try Silver Factory. I must give New Haarlem another try because so many people here love it; it didn't appeal to me the first time I sampled it.
    My current top 10: Richard James; Clive Christian No. 1 for Men; L'Artisan Voleur de Roses; Creed Aventus, Erolfa, Santal Imperial, Virgin Island Water, and Windsor; Serge Lutens Chergui and Gris Clair

"It is never to late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

So far I am liking Bleecker Street.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 16th December 2007 at 09:04 PM.

Earlier in this thread I praised H.O.T. Always. I still love this, you bet, but I rush in now to praise another Bond fave: West Side.
    It's white, fresh, floral and unisex. (Admittedly, everything that H.O.T. Always most assuredly isn't.)
    A lovely fragrance that I find positively addictive -- I don't understand why it doesn't get much "play" here on the board, though.
    (Btw, West Side's bottle design is one of the coolest on the market!)
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 17th December 2007 at 02:36 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Bleeker Street and Wall Street are my two favorites from this house. I think both are better in warm weather. Yes, they are similar to other fragrances out there (RL Purple and Silver Mountain Water) but they stand on their own really well. Also good but simply a matter of what you prefer in a fragrance are: H.O.T. Always, New Harlem, Riverside Drive, West Side and The Hampton's.

No one has mentioned 'Chez Bond' in this thread.
    Is it not worth writing about or what?

Today i bought this blind coz GIT doesnt last on me too long and realizing that Bond's definitely outlast the Creed's i thought i'd get this.
    I hope Chez Bond gives me everything that GIT couldn't give.

gupts

1. Wallstreet
    2. Riverside Drive
    3. Chez Bond
    4. Little Italy
    5. West Side
    Gary
    P.S. If you're a fan of spicy scents give Hot Always a try....this is not one for me but has a Great following....

Wall Street and Hampton

BLEECKER STREET

No Bond I've tried (and I've tried all the masculine and unisex ones) elicits such a strong complimentary action, save maybe Andy Warhol Silver Factory. GET IT.

Great Jones & Riverside Drive