Code of Conduct

Default suggestions for a modern, fruity evening scent

Okay, well, I've pared my collection down pretty substantially (about 12 in regular rotation) and now realize that I haven't really explored the category of fruity fragrances. Acaciosa (Caron) and Pour un Femme (Caron) are the fruitiest frags that I own and I'm not sure most folks would classify them in that category.

I'd like to know what you all would suggest for a fruit-predominant evening type scent - something you'd wear on a date. Usually fruity scents are light and fresh, but I prefer my light and fresh scents to be green / woodsy / vetiver based so this is a bit of a challenge.

Femme does not work with my chemistry. I do wear Mitsouko, but I'm looking for something livelier and more modern, fun and tantalizing. Preferably not too sweet, and not too tart, but I can compromise a bit on that.

I'm testing Cartier Delices right now and, to my surprise, actually like it, despite the sweetness. I look forward to any suggestions. Thank you in advance!

Default Re: suggestions for a modern, fruity evening scent

hmmm try the new paco rabanne black xs for women....
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

The new Versace is very pretty! Info from Now Smell This-
    http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...3/2801823.html

What? I need to wait until 2008 to try the black xs for women? Drat. Is anyone in France (or who has travelled to France) able to tell me about it?

Hmmm ...... Versace.... I'm definitely treading into new (for me) territory... although I thought the Crystal Noir was nice (I purchased the shower gel and it got stolen out of my car); I'll check into it - thank you!

As for a fruity night out hmmmm......I would definitely give Alien a look see. Delices de Cartier, Magnetism/Magnetic Beat, Lolita Lempicka, Incanto Charms, and Elixir des Mervielles.

And Honey......I haven't ran into a man yet who didn't love Alien. I use to wear 'X' as my date perfume, but Alien moved that right on out the way. I wear my Alien with a light layer of Aveda Patchouli under it. I have my ownself saying.....Damn I smells gooooooooood!!! LOL!
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    I wear my Alien with a light layer of Aveda Patchouli under it. I have my ownself saying.....Damn I smells gooooooooood!!! LOL!
    patch + alien? *tries it out* oooh now i smell good too! thanks diva

agree with ferragamo's incanto charms... tried that out yesters and it's very nice! limited edition though isn't it?

Try Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone, It is very distinctive, and has decent longevity.
    Last edited by Sestra; 9th December 2007 at 11:09 AM. Reason: correcting typo

Yeah for Jillsy!!!! You are absolutely Divalicious Honey with that Alien and Patchouli!!

I'm not sure if the Charms is limited or not. It's been out for a while, maybe a year or 2. They introduced Incanto Shine this year I think. So, I think the Incanto's may be around. I hope so I love Charms.

Let me tell you what I concocted yesterday!! Aveda Patchouli does it once again. I'm giving my DKNY Delicious Night it's 3 day run like I do all my new frags. Well, the 1st couple of days I wore it. I didn't really get a response except for the usual you always smell good. Well, today I decided to mix a little Aveda Patchouli with the Delicious Night and my coworkers have been asking me what I have on today. I even had a patient tell me how good I smell. One of my fav docs came in. Me and her talk about perfume all the time. When she came up to me she just closed her eyes and said OMG you smell good. She tells everyone in the nurse's station that I always have the latest and best smelling perfume. Needless to say that I helped some folks out with their Xmas list today LOL! I didn't tell them about the patchouli though.....sniggle.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Blackberry: Parfums Delrae, Bois de Paradis
    Raspberry: Bond No. 9, Bryant Park
    Apricot: Serge Lutens, Daim Blond
    Pomegranate and Raspberry:Jo Malone, Pomegranate Noir

YSL Paris Roses des Bois is very nice with roses & blackberries. Perfumebay was carrying it, I don't know who else, it was a limited edition. I've been considering Quel Amour! by Annick Goutal.. Another one I really like is Rose d'Ete by Parfums de Rosine - yellow roses and melon. None of those are green and woodsy, though. Cartier's Panthere eau Legere has grapefruit with a beautiful woodsy drydown, but I'm not sure that's an evening scent. I don't normally think of a green fragrance as being "date night out" type perfume unless it's an outdoors event like a BBQ. Maybe Chanel No19? Not too fruity, though.

Oh, oh, how about YSL Paris Roses des Vergers? Light, green and fruity with roses & orchard flowers. I have that one. It's also limited, but still available online. Don't get much woods out of it.
    Last edited by beachroses; 9th December 2007 at 05:34 PM.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

I like, no
    I love only MPG fruity perfumes
    You can try

Eau de Mûre
    Vocalise
    Bahaiana
    Eau de Camélia Chinois
    Fraîche Passiflore
    Fraîcheur Muskissime

All wonderful chords flowers/fruits
    Last edited by nyneve; 9th December 2007 at 04:45 PM.
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Great suggestions - thank you. I need to go perfume sniffing to sort all of this out!

Off-Scenter

Repeat recommendations for Bois de Paradis and Pomegranate Noir, plus Roudnitska's Le Parfum de Therese from Frederic Malle.

I second Le Parfum de Therese, and suggest Fifi Chachnil...not sure if it;s listed in the notes, but I get a melon impression along with the amber, tobacco and vanilla, which gives it a range that prevents it from being cloying.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Apparition by Ungaro: raspberry with a woodsy/patchouli base. Not as heavy as Patou For Ever, so it may come across as more modern and date-friendly.

Blog Entries

I offer a very delicious fruity rose called Genvieve. Have any of you ladies tried it?
    MICHAEL STORER fine niche perfumery for the individualist
    www.michaelstorer.com

Cartier de Delices, Max Mara, and Lolita Lempicka are my fruity evenings.

Lipstick Rose, an aldehydic powdery rose violet supported by delicious raspberry

Tubereuse Criminelle, after the initial narcotic opening the tuberose evolves to orange blossom and passion fruit notes. nocturnal, silky and fruity.

Quote Originally Posted by mastorer View Post
    I offer a very delicious fruity rose called Genvieve. Have any of you ladies tried it?
    Tis sensational

I guess it's not really in the fruity subgroup,but to me the original Poison is very fruity.It smells first a bit incency and a bit spicy, then develops into blackberries and honey.Love the drydown of it And defenitely an evening scent too.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 15th December 2007 at 10:42 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    Tis sensational
    Re Genvieve:

Thank you, Zibeline. Do you own samples of all six of my new EDP's or would you like me to send you some?

Happy holidays,

Michael.
    MICHAEL STORER fine niche perfumery for the individualist
    www.michaelstorer.com

It depends of which fruits you like.

Peachy-woodsy: Japur and Japur Saphir (Boucheron)
    Peachy-chypres: Yvresse (Yves Saint Laurent); Deci Del (Nina Ricci)
    Raspberry: Insolence (Guerlain)
    Blackberry-Musky: Mre et Musc (or Mre et Musc Extrme) by l'Artisan Parfumeur
    Pineapple-cedarwood: Ananas Fizz (l'Artisan Parfumeur)

Must try the Aveda patchouli touch. Mixed with Coco Mademoiselle it would be great too. I don't have Alien, but I'm thinking I might get a bottle of that. Think I'll wait for Jan sales...
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby