Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: best aftershave BALM,alcohol free?

Clarins Moisture Balm.

I m using 1 week....my skin changed very much.....so soft!
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

apparently this thread has has over 10,000 views. how is that possible?
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I make my own in small batches to keep it fresh :

6 oz. parts witch hazel to 2 oz. of organic aloe gel......8 drops of essential oil of peppermint and 8 drops of essential oil of frankensence...shake mixture well each time before application.
    FOR SALE CHEAP !!.....two blind buys that didn't work for me : 4.2oz CORDUROY by Zirh EDT and 3.4 oz CADILLAC EDT; both like new !

I'd go with Nivea
    Currently wearing: Citrus & Wood by Yardley

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    apparently this thread has has over 10,000 views. how is that possible?
    It has nearly 22000 views now, because of "best after shave balm" keywords. A few days back I bought Arko adventure Balm for 3.5 $ and it's disappointing. It doesn't soothe and moisturize. It was irritating my skin that I woke up in the middle of night to use some moisturizer cream. I had GIVENCHY Pi Neo Aftershave Balm and it was great, but I can't aford to buy it again, though It's hard to find it here.
    Last edited by hike; 22nd October 2011 at 10:54 AM.

I am on a bit of a ASB and Shave Cream search at the present time and I still have not settled on a finalist. I have tried many different brands. I don't have any serious skin problems so my ASB criteria seem to have boiled down to #1, just the right scent and #2, feel and texture. Anyway so far I am liking Men-U Facial Moisturizer Lift and Proraso liquid cream after shave. Unfortunately, neither of these two really ring my bell. Proraso smells closer to a barbershop (which I am looking for) but is a little bit runny for my liking, and the Men-U, being a little thicker is good, but the fragrance is farther from the barbershop smell I am looking for. Both are cool, smooth and refreshing and do a great job mind you. They will both be in my rotation. I am awaiting an order of Musgo Real soon so we shall see.

BTW Master-Classter gets the blame for this madness, he should not have enclosed shave cream and ASB samples in a swap box that I got my hands on. That's what got me started!
    "There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

My favourites are:

1. Proraso AS Liquid Balm - smells barber shop like and very fresh, balm is very thin and this stuff just WORKS !

2. Clinique Post Shave Healer - I believe this stuff has a tiny bit of alcohol in it, but this stuff is mild and effective. Awesome product !

3. Edwin Jagger/Mühle AloeVera AS Balm - this stuff also contains a tiny bit of alcohol, but it's so mild and healing, that you will never notice this. Great stuff !

4. Castle Forbes Lime AS Balm - very nice AS Balm. Top quality product !
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Git aftershave is nice, but not as nice as it used to be. Art of shaving sandalwood right now is my fav, eau des baux by loccitane is very nice as well.

The L'Occitane line of after shave balms in tubes is economical with good performance.

Of these, I like the smell of Eau des Baux (+1) but all of them (Lavender, Cade, etc.) perform well.

Ditto for the Truefitt and Hill lines of after shave balms in tubes and pump bottles.

The Guerlains also have good products. The Habit Rouge after shave balm in the red tube (not the alcohol after shave) is very good.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Rose Ambre by Fragonard

I highly recommend Trumper's Fragrance Free Moisturising Lotion - it's obviously particularly good for people with dry skin. It's like their skin foods but without a scent. I find scented after shave balms to be practically useless since there are two fragrances which I use more often than once in two months. And these two does not have after shave balms in their range of products.