Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Montale Aoud Out 12-10-2007

Hey everyone. Just to let you know, a new montale Aoud is out and only in Paris. I ordered it right now from Paris. It is called Red Aoud and comes in a new red bottle. Its ingredients are as follows:

Red Aoud - Vanilla, Iris, Jasmine, Aoud, Roses and some more stuff i didnt catch.

It is labeled as unisex.

Default Re: New Montale Aoud Out 12-10-2007

Thanks for that, cairomerta.

Black Aoud, Golden Aoud, White Aoud, Red Aoud... I wonder what colour's next? Probably blue or purple...

Post Thanks / Like

Thats true huh? Funny thing is, I have all of them. They are my favorite for sure though. Golden Aoud is ridiculously good. Especially for cold weather.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see the notes, I have a decant of it coming in the mail right now...

Touted as a floral twist on black aoud..

Post Thanks / Like

There are too many new Montales to keep up with!

Did Laurice Rahme sleep with Pierre Montale ?
    -

Post Thanks / Like

Hey NEoTY26. I was told the same thing. It is a floral take on black Aoud. Let me know how you like it when you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Thanks for that, cairomerta.

Black Aoud, Golden Aoud, White Aoud, Red Aoud... I wonder what colour's next? Probably blue or purple...
    Aoud Velvet is already purple Aoud, so I don't expect that one!

Hey, what do you think of Golden Aoud? I heard it was similar to White Aoud without the vanilla? I like White Aoud but dislike the vanilla leftovers and thus am looking to trade it for another Montale Aoud.

Red Aoud sounds excellent - is the price the same as the others?
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 10th December 2007 at 08:02 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Gaivs. Yeah the price is the same. In regards to the Golden Aoud, i would definitely say it is like white aoud without the vanilla and with a touch of dry woods added to it. Really a remarkable scent. Very woody, dry and full of amazing Aoud. Not harsh at all. I think a lot of Montale lovers are missing out on this one if they dont have it.

Post Thanks / Like

Cairomerta, would you please go over prices again? How much if you order from the Montale Boutique in Paris? Also, do you have Jasmine Full? I love this house!!! My collection is only 6 at the moment but I am thinking about getting Jasmine Full which I tried a year ago but don't really remember much about. Golden Aoud sounds good but this new floral Red Aoud....mmmmm!
    Last edited by paintrman; 10th December 2007 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    Hi Gaivs. Yeah the price is the same. In regards to the Golden Aoud, i would definitely say it is like white aoud without the vanilla and with a touch of dry woods added to it. Really a remarkable scent. Very woody, dry and full of amazing Aoud. Not harsh at all. I think a lot of Montale lovers are missing out on this one if they dont have it.
    Is Golden Aoud also a Paris exclusive? I know of no stores who carry it. Definitely sounds like it's for me.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Gaivs. In regards to the golden aoud. It is only in paris right now. I havent seen it anywhere. I live across the street from perfumes raffey and see him regularly and he doesnt carry it even though he carries a lot of the other montals. By ordering from the paris tore, it is 95 euro. You just simply call them and place the order. They speak perfect English and the order literally takes a few minutes. In addition, they ask you which 20ml bottle you would like for free as they always throw in a free 20ml bottle. I asked for a 20ml of red aoud also to have for a travel size.

In regards to Jasmine full, i have never tried it. Another one that is not available here but i have sampled is Bois De Aoud. This is just like Golden Aoud but with the woods kicked up a lot. Very very dry.

I really do have a great appreciation for this house. I am Arabic and have sampled a lot of traditional Aouds which are very nice but are a bit difficult to wear. I love the way he has been able to merge the traditional arabic aoud note with the classical traditions of modern scents. Really amazing for sure. I cant wait for red aoud.
    Last edited by cairomerta; 11th December 2007 at 01:30 AM.

Thank you for the info cairomerta, indeed almost all the Montales I've tried are just exquisite. I even appreciate the ones that I don't like! I will sell my White Aoud to buy some Golden Aoud, and hopefully if some film money comes in this month, I will go for the Red Aoud as well, as Black Aoud is a masterpiece, and with added florals it would be heavenly. And an extra 20ml certainly makes it worth it! I think I'd go for Velvet Aoud there. Has anyone tried that one?

Since you know about the extra concentrated versions from Paris, would you say that Montale's 1ml sample vials are the extra concentrated versions? I could swear that the sample vial of Attar that I had was stronger than the ones I bought from Switzerland during the sale.

Paintrman - Jasmin Full is a heavenly fragrance. It's just a jasmine soliflore, but if you get the extra concentrated version it's a very real and intense jasmine. I am also looking to acquire this one.

For those in Canada (or anywhere actually), if you're worried about customs and you don't need the extra concentrations, the best place to get Montales other than from Paris is theperfumeshoppe.ca in Vancouver. Their prices are the lowest on Montales - Aouds are $170 for 100ml vs $210 at most other places, though 95 Euro is less than that.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Post Thanks / Like

The extra concentrated versions are actually added when you order it. If you call and place an order, you just ask them to add additional perfume to it and they will actually add additional perfume oil to make it more concentrated. When you get it, you will actually be able to see how much more oily it is than the regular one. It ends up lasting a lot longer on the skin.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just ordered a "special" bottle of Chocolate Greedy from Paris, I am getting a 20ml of Red Aoud with it. Will post my thoughts when I get a chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Cairomerta, since you are officially the Montale expert, which are your favorites and why? Oh, and thanks for the info about prices. My birthday was last week and I am going to buy myself a gift but am not sure which one just yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Paintrman. I really love these scents and in my opinion, the following would be a great group of scents to have from Montale to get a real great sense of what they offer in regards to the Aoud range. My Favorites are as follows:

- Black Aoud - Simply nothing like it. Its is the best Aoud/Rose scent out there. A little goes a long way but you will not wear a scent that gets more compliments than this.

- Aoud Lime - A wonderful Aoud scent that has a citris note in it but has no citrus in it as an ingredient. Has a great saffron note that really makes

- Aoud Roses Petals - Another amazing scent. Aoud with roses and a honey note that is simply amazing

- Golden Aoud - A really great woodsy take on the Aoud.

These are a must for me in regards to the aoud collection. Other non aouds for me that i have are Musk to Musk and Bois Vanille
    Last edited by cairomerta; 11th December 2007 at 02:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    ...I think I'd go for Velvet Aoud there. Has anyone tried that one?
    Yes, Caesar, I have a sample. Aoud Velvet has a bright floral feel for the first few hours before settling into a sweet oriental base of tonka, vanilla, and barely perceptible sandalwood. The oud note blends well with orange blossom, tiare and ylang ylang. A potent, sweet orange blossom scent with vanilla/tonka sweetness and a hint of oud to lend it a sense of mystery.

On a different note, my favorite Montale is the dry, resinous Oud pur Oriental. Oud, olibanum, frankincense, balsam, Cystus ladaniferus, and amber. Desert wind in a bottle. I would pay handsomely for a bottle of this masterpiece.
    Last edited by Sloan; 11th December 2007 at 02:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Paintrman. I really love these scents and in my opinion, the following would be a great group of scents to have from Montale to get a real great sense of what they offer in regards to the Aoud range. My Favorites are as follows:

- Black Aoud - Simply nothing like it. Its is the best Aoud/Rose scent out there. A little goes a long way but you will not wear a scent that gets more compliments than this.

- Aoud Lime - A wonderful Aoud scent that has a citris note in it but has no citrus in it as an ingredient. Has a great saffron note that really makes

- Aoud Roses Petals - Another amazing scent. Aoud with roses and a honey note that is simply amazing

- Golden Aoud - A really great woodsy take on the Aoud.

These are a must for me in regards to the aoud collection. Other non aouds for me that i have are Musk to Musk and Bois Vanille
    If you don't mind me asking, what are your thoughts on Aoud Queen Roses? Thanks!
    --------------------------------------
    ...I think I'd go for Velvet Aoud there. Has anyone tried that one?
    Velvet Aoud is amazing. I have a 30ml decant of it, if you wanted a little bit. It's a very beautiful fragrance.
    Last edited by LeMâle; 11th December 2007 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Post Thanks / Like

I like Aoud queen roses but I feel it has too much of a straight rose scent to it. It seems a bit feminine for me as I don't get a sense of any Aoud notes in it to balance it out a bit. Pretty straightforward rose scent
    Last edited by cairomerta; 11th December 2007 at 03:42 AM.

Has anyone tried their Confidential Collection? I am very curious about those, how good are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascella View Post
    Has anyone tried their Confidential Collection? I am very curious about those, how good are they?
    Rose: pungent, very strong rose but has a metallic accord running throughout its development - this completely put me off (but maybe some would say that this accord is natural).

Sandalwood: the best one of the lot - a pure and creamy sandalwood. However, for a fraction of the price, SL's Santal de Mysore is just as good (if not better).

Saffron: very medicinal - it reminded me of something from my childhood (while in hospital?). A few hours later, it smelt a tad better but it wasn't really to my liking. My least favourite.

In summary, they're nice releases but aren't really worth the money.
    --------------------------------------
    Doesn't anyone think that the Aoud series has too much deja vu? This line now reminds me of SL's Bois series.

Red Aoud - apart from tha vanilla, it sounds very much like Aoud Flowers to me. Have you tried this one, cairomerta?

Aoud Velvet is already purple Aoud, so I don't expect that one!
    Sorry to burst your bubble, matey, but velvet is a fabric, not a colour...

Hey, I've got another one: Silver Aoud - ooooooooohhh yeah!!!
    Last edited by Trebor; 11th December 2007 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Trebor. I do have a bottle of Aoud Flowers. It really is very close and along the lines of Aoud Roses Petals but a tad bit creamier and with a touch more flowery base. Whereas the flower element in Aoud Roses Petals is just roses, this has a bit more flower notes running through it. Some would say that it resembles Aoud Roses Petals too closely to warrant having both but i like them both individually so i have them each. I am interested to see how this will compare to Red Aoud. From my conversation with montale Paris, Red Aoud will be a more floral Black Aoud. Should be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    My birthday was last week and I am going to buy myself a gift but am not sure which one just yet.
    Belated Happy Birthday! Why not treat yourself to Jasmin Full(70 euros), and get the 20ml of your choice. Tell them is your birthday and ask for more samples!

Hey, those prices include shipping, do they not?
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Shipping is free from Montale. Takes about 1 week max.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Shipping is free from Montale. Takes about 1 week max.
    Are you sure it's free? I just ordered a 100ml of Chocolate Greedy and asked for Red Aoud in the 20ml and they're charging me 90 euro's. What gives?

I remember reading somewhere that they recently have started to charge for the shipping, but don't quote me on this...

I've been too busy, lately, to post all my thoughts but here goes:

Aoud Rose Petals - personally, this isn't as strong as Black Aoud and Aoud Flowers (which, btw, is my second favourite Montale Aoud so far). Also, it's practically the mirror image of Black Aoud - that is, more emphasis on rose than oud as opposed to the other way round. Black Aoud is much more to my liking.

I've just requested some samples from Montale and am very interested in trying Red Aoud - I'm curious about the exact differences between Red Aoud and Aoud Flowers, apart from just vanilla. I find most of the Montale Aouds not as distinctive as I would like them to be (but then again, if oud is the main note, it comes as no surprise). Maybe Red Aoud will be a very pleasant surprise.

cairomerta - Red Aoud being a more floral Black Aoud?! That's strange because I would have said that Aoud Flowers is a more floral Black Aoud! What do you think?

Btw, has anyone tried Taif Rose? Although it's not in the Aoud line, anyone interested in rose scents should investigate this one. It's simply a rose scent with all the green parts of the rose thrown in (stems, thorns, leaves, etc.). Personally, it was too 'green' for me and is very similar to Serge Lutens' Sa Majesté la Rose (which I prefer a tad more). It's definitely worth testing, though.
    Last edited by Trebor; 12th December 2007 at 11:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Trebor. Actually i was told by Montale that Red Aoud will be more of a floral Black Aoud in the way it develops. I feel Aoud Flowers is a more floral Aoud Roses petals. Aoud Flowers and Aoud Roses petals seem very similar to me though. Honestly i really believe that Montales react very differently on each and every person more so than any other perfume house out there. It is really unique. I really do love aoud flowers too though. Really a great scent. I wore it yesterday.

In regards to shipping, i have always been told that shipping is free but i just checked my order on my credit card statement and it states 110 euro. Either the prices went up or they are charging for shipping. I will find out what the increase is when i get a chance to call them. Honestly, the way the dollar has been trading lately, i dont see why some of these european countries wouldn't be increasing their prices. They will be losing money on each transaction if they dont...you know?
    Last edited by cairomerta; 12th December 2007 at 02:48 PM.

Hi, cairomerta!

Well, it's very interesting how we perceive differently the similarities bewteen these Montale releases. I guess my conclusions come down to the fact that Black Aoud and Aoud Rose Petals contain only rose, while Aoud Flowers and Red Aoud consist of more floral notes. Personally, I find Aoud Flowers a lot more tenacious than Aoud Rose Petals but that could be just me.

Hey, here's a funny story: a couple of days ago. I was planning to go out on a date after work and brought my roll-on sample of Aoud Flowers to freshen up with. Around lunchtime, I decided to let one of my female collegues smell the bottle (she already knew about my date). As soon as she smelt it, she recoiled her head back in disgust and said, in an authoritive manner, "You'll be wearing THAT for your date?! If I were you, I'd go down the road and buy a bottle of either Cool Water or Fahrenheit." LOL!!!

My date loved Aoud Flowers on me, btw...

Hey Trebor. Actually i was told by Montale that Red Aoud will be more of a floral Black Aoud in the way it develops. I feel Aoud Flowers is a more floral Aoud Roses petals. Aoud Flowers and Aoud Roses petals seem very similar to me though. Honestly i really believe that Montales react very differently on each and every person more so than any other perfume house out there. It is really unique. I really do love aoud flowers too though. Really a great scent. I wore it yesterday.

In regards to shipping, i have always been told that shipping is free but i just checked my order on my credit card statement and it states 110 euro. Either the prices went up or they are charging for shipping. I will find out what the increase is when i get a chance to call them. Honestly, the way the dollar has been trading lately, i dont see why some of these european countries wouldn't be increasing their prices. They will be losing money on each transaction if they dont...you know?
    I don't think the prices in Europe should increase, rather the opposite that the prices the companies set on the American market should increase. (I noticed that L'Artisan FdO 07 costs 190 EUR and Iris Pallida 240 EUR in France, while in the US both are priced to be $295, so maybe it is an action towards the dollar inflation, I don't know...)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Trebor. Thats funny. It really is funny how different people do react to the same scent. I must admit, Montale scents are definitely for grown ups and people who really do appreciate the more challenging scents. These are definitely not along the lines of cool water or Fahrenheit. I think that is what makes me appreciate them more. When i started getting into scents, i would have recoiled at these scents. In fact, i smelled black aoud a long time ago and never touched it again for almost a year. As i got into scents more and more and learned about them and how there is life beyond fresh aquatics, i began to appreciate each note. More and more I appreciated the more challenging scents such as montales and serge lutens. You begin to realize how masterful these perfumers are that put these creations together and give them credit for putting together scents that challenge the individual.

I think Montale is a great House. They are very generous when you order. The fragrance themselves are of high, potent quality. I love black aoud. I received complements galore when I wore it yesterday!