Code of Conduct

Thread: q on gifts

Default q on gifts

i posted this to the female scent discussion area but havent received any feedback so i thought i would ask the guys here.

here is the scenario: i am attendeding a semi-formal party with friends next weekend and i would like to give everyone a decant from recently purchased bottles. most of the bottles i have are mens scents and there are 4 women that i need to figure out which to give.

what i am working with:
    penhaligon's-elisabethan rose
    penhaligon's-castile
    c&s-cuba
    c&s-no88
    creed-bois du portugal
    floris-santal
    caron-yatagan
    caron-third man
    guerlain-habit rouge

there are 4 men and 4 women that will receive a decant. so my question is what works well for women or what do you like on women? elisabethan rose is obvious, no88 would work, castile i think would work, habit rouge (i think has a nice sweet touch to it that might work)... i have heard that some women enjoy bdp, cuba and even yatagan.

let me know what you like and a bit about the personalities involved.

cheers!
    ryan

Default Re: q on gifts

I have not tried the first four on your list but, out of the rest, my wife loves Yatagan.

She does not like BdP or HR.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost