Code of Conduct

Default How many sprays do you need for a Creed?

A couple days ago I bought my first Creed - GIT. I noticed that I need a lot more of it than with cheaper colognes. Usually I only need one spray and I can still feel the scent when I wake up in the morning the other day. With GIT I need at least three sprays to be able to still feel the scent after 6-8 hours. The problem is that the dry-down for three sprays takes 2-3 hours, until then I smell like a walking perfume factory, then suddenly I get the nice dry-down which is marvelous. I wish I could make it last a little longer though. Do you think more sprays would help? How many do you use, and how long will it last on you?

Default Re: How many sprays do you need for a Creed?

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    A couple days ago I bought my first Creed - GIT. I noticed that I need a lot more of it than with cheaper colognes. Usually I only need one spray and I can still feel the scent when I wake up in the morning the other day. With GIT I need at least three sprays to be able to still feel the scent after 6-8 hours. The problem is that the dry-down for three sprays takes 2-3 hours, until then I smell like a walking perfume factory, then suddenly I get the nice dry-down which is marvelous. I wish I could make it last a little longer though. Do you think more sprays would help? How many do you use, and how long will it last on you?
    Its all subjective depending on the person. Better to under-spray than over-spray.

It also depends on the Creed.

About 7 sprays of GIT will get me about 4-6 hours. About 5 sprays of Tabarome will get me 6-7 hours. About 7 sprays pf Neroli Savage will get about 5.

I don't notice any difference between the overall application amount between Creeds and any other designer. Some take more, some less.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    Better to under-spray than over-spray.
    gospel

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Moon View Post
    It also depends on the Creed.

About 7 sprays of GIT will get me about 4-6 hours. About 5 sprays of Tabarome will get me 6-7 hours. About 7 sprays pf Neroli Savage will get about 5.

I don't notice any difference between the overall application amount between Creeds and any other designer. Some take more, some less.
    No way! I can't imagine anyone applying 7 sprays of GIT.
    Last edited by scentophile; 10th December 2007 at 08:58 PM.

7-8 for me but not only for my Creeds
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    Its all subjective depending on the person. Better to under-spray than over-spray.
    Better to over-spray than under-spray.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 10th December 2007 at 11:07 PM.

I'll try four sprays tomorrow, more than that and I'll be fired from my work. Maybe if I get up one hour earlier... so it will have a chance to dry down...

Quote Originally Posted by scentophile View Post
    No way! I can't imagine anyone applying 7 sprays of GIT.
    One on each wrist, one on each inside elbow, and two on my neck. I guess that's 6.

Doesn't sound to extreme for GIT to me.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Moon View Post
    One on each wrist, one on each inside elbow, and two on my neck. I guess that's 6.

Doesn't sound to extreme for GIT to me.
    me either

I usually use about 6 sprays of Acier Aluminum - including one under the shirt... Seems about right...
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsibility View Post
    I usually use about 6 sprays of Acier Aluminum - including one under the shirt... Seems about right...
    Now if you did that with Ambre Cannelle or Royal Delight, global warming would instantaneously become the world's second largest problem .
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

BDP=2 sprays
    Royal English Leather=1 spray (STRONG STUFF)

I usually put about 4 sprays max of whatever I use. I don't want to be overpowering especially at work. This one guy at work always smells overpowering and everyone knows about it. Sometimes it is so strong you can smell him walk in the door 15 feet away. i asked him how many sprays he uses and he stated about 3-4. I know that can't be true. I did hear that his wife sprays it on his shirts when she irons. Almost like starch.

2-3 sprays of GIT is plenty for me. Six sprays and I'd feel radioactive. But then I like to keep it close and personal. Perhaps you could ask someone you trust to let you know if you're applying an appropriate amount. Also, I think you're on the right track regarding spraying early to let the cloud dissipate a bit before going out.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan