Code of Conduct

Question Help me find the perfect fragrance for my boyfriend?

I want to get my boyfriend his first fragrance for christmas! but i don't know ANYTHING about men's fragrances. Help me get ideas??? lol

He's very young (21), he doesn't like anything that smells like old spice or anything. Probably something light would be best. He has to be able to wear it to work but it also has to turn me on

any suggestions of fragrances I should check out???

Default Re: Help me find the perfect fragrance for my boyfriend?

May I be the first to suggest Gucci Envy . . . .

Azzaro Visit can do no wrong, too.

Or Oscar by Oscar de la Renta for an underrated gem (a bit summery, though).

Post Thanks / Like

You can't go wrong with Acqua di Giò.
    You can also give him Hugo, Kenneth Cole Reaction, Kenneth Cole New York or Halston Unbound.

Post Thanks / Like

trust me here...acqua di gio has been done to death, get Euphoria for men by calvin Klein...smells awesome, not everyone wears it, and you will definitely love it and i mean love it!(I have owned many types of colognes, including very pricey ones and this is the only one which has garnered female compliments, younger and older women).

Try Dunhill Pursuit (you test it first).

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet Cannabis Santal will WOW both of you!

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Although it's insanely popular, Armani Code for men..is a fairly sexy decent safe choice for a mordern youg man who wants to 'wow'....

if you are looking for something fresh, might I suggest Versace Eau Fraiche as an option over Acqua di Gio.. or l'eau par kenzo for that matter...

Dolce & Gabanna for men, is another solid choice... for a young male.. though it's also very

For something sweeter, JPG's Le Male, Valentino's V and Hypnose for men or Armani Emporio Night He might be good selections... Polo Black as well...

I also suggest you give Burberry Brit and Burberry Touch a try... as both fragrances receive 'many' compliments during their wearing... and are dinstinct enough to stand out among the department store fragrances..

While I think of it, Allure Sport Homme might be a good match as well...

pardon the scattered nature of my thought patterns..I hope that 'some' of this helps...

a.

I think Davidoff Cool Water would be a great choice to start him on fragrances.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was 21 I wore Cool Water, Fahrenheit, and Lacoste Booster.

If I could turn back time, I would wear L'eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if you can afford something that costs around C$ 100, or if you can find it where you live, but Anvers 2 would be fantastic. If I were 21 and had a girlfriend who'd buy me one of these I would count myself very lucky.

Have fun and Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by Joe_Frances; 11th December 2007 at 03:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

For something smooth and classy try Lalique pour Homme (Lion).

Try BURBERRY LONDON. It gets you addicted, you will see ;-)

well, you said something about your bf and that you want something that turns you on.... but exactly, what turns you on? Something calonic and acquatic? A semi-oriental chypre? An aromati fougére? A heavy oriental gourmand?
    W H A T ?!?

I agree with Burberry London, also Prada Amber PH, Guerlain L'Instant, Baldessarini Ambre

Post Thanks / Like

How much do you want to spend?

Where does he work?

How would you describe his demeanor and personality?

"Light, sexy, and appropriate for work" narrows it down......to about 3000 fragrances.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Armani Acqua Di Gio

Post Thanks / Like

dont get flustered...do yourself a favor and go with euphoria...you will love it and he will love it

Go to the men's fragrance counter at Sephora or Neiman's. It's more important that YOU enjoy the fragrance, and that he either enjoys it or at least is indifferent to it. Most of the time his nose will habituate to it and he won't even be able to smell it, so it's gotta be something you love. No, that's not selfish, because I'm sure he'll enjoy the extra attention

Unforgivable or Creed Millesime Imperial is great. Others that I recommend you try are Guccy Envy, Cannabis Santal, Bvlgari Black, Terre D'Hermes, Very Sexy for Him by Victoria's Secret, and Michael by Michael Kors.

Thank you for all the great suggestions so far!!!

I'll answer some questions...

I'm on a student budget so cheaper is better, but I'm willing to spend up to about 100$CAD; it is christmas after all! I live in montreal, so im sure i have access to most of these fragrances, im just not sure where to shop exactly... ("the bay"? "holt renfrew"? "ogilvy"? as far as i know theres no "sephora" or "victorias secret" here though)

My boyfriend is a computer programmer, he works in an office for one of the biggest companies in the country. As for presonality... well he's the shy type, he's sweet, he's also a drummer, he likes to wear black. He really wants to fit into the office-scene, but I think he also wants to keep his individualism. I don't think he likes to draw attention to himself though, but he is quite unique.

what turns me on? hmm...lol, im not sure yet! I guess I'll go based on what women generally consider attractive until i get to smell these for myself. I just really really don't want him smelling like my dad or something though, that would just be weird!lol

I just need an idea of what i should be looking for when i go shopping this weekend!

Thanks alot for all your suggestions! Keep em comming !!!!

Nicole Farhi Homme is a favourite; light and transparent but warm and spicy. Very sexy. Ditto Iceberg Twice Homme, which is a bit more rich.

Both of these I discovered thanks to reviews on Basenotes.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrysweety View Post
    I'm on a student budget so cheaper is better, but I'm willing to spend up to about 100$CAD; it is christmas after all! I live in montreal, so im sure i have access to most of these fragrances, im just not sure where to shop exactly... ("the bay"? "holt renfrew"? "ogilvy"? as far as i know theres no "sephora" or "victorias secret" here though)
    hmmm, office scent that also doubles as casual....take a look at (or smell) Jaipur pour homme

Post Thanks / Like

I second the Creed Millesime Imperial
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Current Rotation: Terre D'Hermes, Boucheron PH, Villoresi Uomo, Green Irish Tweed, Chanel PMC, Gucci PH, Floris Santal, Carven Homme, Dunhill '34, PI by Givenchy, Parfums de Nicolai New York

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NearFantastica View Post
    if you are looking for something fresh, might I suggest Versace Eau Fraiche as an option over Acqua di Gio..
    Cannot possibly echo this suggestion enough. I jumped onto Versace Eau Fraiche this Summer and never looked back. I love it so much I often find myself wearing it on certain days this winter despite the cold Boston winds. It became an absolute staple for my wardrobe this summer. Love, Love, LOVE it.