Code of Conduct

Smile website problems suddenly started yesterday

I have had no problems since the changes made to the website until yesterday. All of a sudden I am unable to do certain functions. I cannot post to the forum news and announcments board. I cannot delete my post to the scents wanted in the market place and I cannot leave comments when leaving feedback because the box for comments is only 3 to 4 Millimeters wide. The whole thing is bizarre. I am not really sure what to do about it if anything can be done. A message comes up saying I do not have access to the pages I have tried to enter . I am a supporter and have been for more than one year. Must be a glitch or something.

Rick
    For sale post

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Default Re: website problems suddenly started yesterday

It seems a little slower than usual. Other sites are normal on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Patrick View Post
    It seems a little slower than usual. Other sites are normal on my computer.
    Same here. Only I would call it a lot slower. Nothing wrong in the morning (Europe), but by the time the USA wakes up, everything works like a 'slow boat to China'.
    And indeed: all my other sites are normal.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

This ...web...site ...is...soooo....SLOOOOOW...again ,tonight.
    It's just friggin anoying to put it mildly.
    Takes all the fun away for sure.
    Last edited by eric; 15th December 2007 at 09:33 AM.

Blog Entries

I am having problems reading posts today - it takes a few minutes to load anything. I checked - all my other sites are normal - and I have a high speed connection.
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Extremely Slow!!!!!
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Blog Entries

I think I see the reason - spammer attack. That will slow any site down.
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

It was slow on the site here a few hours ago..actually dumped me finally into an error message page saying that the site was not responding. OK now though
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Going from bad to worse here at the moment. In 'our' European morning I usually had no problems, but now I have to wait abnormally long to post or visit a thread.

DeeOlive: what made you think of spammer attack? This is rather annoying.

It is very slow in Ohio as well - seems like a problem with the host server - bandwidth?
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 16th December 2007 at 12:13 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Very slow again this evening, but as of right now it's better.

I don't think anyone is reading our posts about it anyway. :P

Quote Originally Posted by atrac View Post
    Very slow again this evening, but as of right now it's better.

I don't think anyone is reading our posts about it anyway. :P
    Well, maybe they are just a bit....ehm....slooooooooow??

Every evening (Melbourne, Australia time) around 4:00pm i experience difficulty in accessing the website. It just refuses to load unless you key in the url and leave it untouched for 3 minutes. Obviously i don't have that much patience. Every other website is fine and loads within 3-4 seconds.

Earlier i thought it was just a temporary situation but then it would happen everyday. Then i thought maybe it was due to the overactive US basenoters :-) that there was excessive load on the website during these hours, but i remember the board being down for almost 5 weeks and the website was hosted on new servers.
    I assume the administrators are obviously aware of the load (both existing and expected) and therefore moved to the new servers that could cater to the needs of the growing number of basenoters.

It would be great if someone from the management jumped in and let us know why this is happening.

gupts

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    Going from bad to worse here at the moment. In 'our' European morning I usually had no problems, but now I have to wait abnormally long to post or visit a thread.

DeeOlive: what made you think of spammer attack? This is rather annoying.
    When I logged on that day there were a number of spam bot generated threads here on BN. I was busy cleaning up spam - close to 150 posts, on another net forum I moderate. If a site gets hit with enough of these things it can bog everything down
    Chanakya

Quote Originally Posted by DeeOlive View Post
    When I logged on that day there were a number of spam bot generated threads here on BN. I was busy cleaning up spam - close to 150 posts, on another net forum I moderate. If a site gets hit with enough of these things it can bog everything down

Thanks for the info, Dee. Must say that my private mailaddress is also hit by more spam than usual.
    Let's hope it is just a temporarily nuisance

Its mainly a server load issue (coupled with the fact that our visitors double in December). The servers we have should be adequate but the main sites code isn't efficient enough.

More info here:

http://www.basenotes.net/site_news/2...noreviews.html

Talking Re: website problems suddenly started yesterday

I couldn't get on at all for 6 hours today, came back up @ about 6:30 EST...All is well now
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    I couldn't get on at all for 6 hours today, came back up @ about 6:30 EST...All is well now

Same here.
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe