Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Mitsouko Lovers will either love me or hate me for this...

Gather round me pretties... I have just returned from the Big Bad Fragrant City and managed a quick stop in at Aedes in the Village...

my news is this:
    Apparently Molinard in collaboration with Aedes has opened up an archived chypre formulation and will be releasing a limited number of bottles of this new and gorgeous perfume.... called "Une Histoire de Chypre"... I just spoke with Karl and he told me it is ON THE WAY, they will be putting it up on their site soon...

Here's the rub

It is the closest thing I have ever smelled to capturing the essence of my vintage bottle of Mitsouko parfum.
    Perhaps a bit less smoky, more veil like, but my, my, my, ladies, if you love Mitsouko, this perfume is going to be a must have for you.

I was swooning and sniffing myself all the way home on the train.
    Keep your eyes out for this...it will take your breath away. Classic. Gorgeous. Chypre. Knockout.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 23rd December 2007 at 05:36 PM. Reason: replaced Une for Un, found out that Une is now correct!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Default Re: Mitsouko Lovers will either love me or hate me for this...

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post

Here's the rub

It is the closest thing I have ever smelled to capturing the essence of my vintage bottle of Mitsouko parfum.
    Perhaps a bit less smoky, more veil like, but my, my, my, ladies, if you love Mitsouko, this perfume is going to be a must have for you.

Oh zatarain! You need to check this out STAT (and send me a decant while you are at it he he).

and thanks rtamara for keeping us in the loop!
    Last edited by MiaKulpa; 11th December 2007 at 09:32 PM.

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

My pleasure, Mia Kulpa. A few more details:
    I believe the presentation will be in a similar bottle to the ones pictured here:

http://www.aedes.com/brand.php?brand_id=86&cat_id=1
    and will run about $225 a bottle...
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

$225 a bottle?

::faints::

hmm wait, I do have that nifty Aedes gift card coming...

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

well, in that case Mia, you need to check this out STAT...

and send me a decant.

and thanks rtamara in any case!
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaKulpa View Post
    $225 a bottle?

::faints::

hmm wait, I do have that nifty Aedes gift card coming...
    LUCKY!!!
    Just reading the note pyramid was inspirational...I'll be looking forward to reading the official release on the Aedes site.

Quote Originally Posted by zatarain View Post
    well, in that case Mia, you need to check this out STAT...

and send me a decant.

and thanks rtamara in any case!

my gift card is already spoken for by Voleur de Roses and Fleurs d'Oranger. no more room at the GC inn, I'm afraid.

But this frag will ease the pain of your eBay loss...and the decant will nicely fill out my collection.

Well, those are worthy choices, my sister....

you are right, this will ease the pain of my dwindling drops of vintage Mitsouko parfum.
    The Perfume Goddess is smiling upon us all........

a decant , eh? we'll see, my dear, we'll see

(mental note: must feed and clothe the children FIRST. THEN acquire the new pretty Chypre Knockout)
    Last edited by rtamara41; 11th December 2007 at 09:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    My pleasure, Mia Kulpa. A few more details:
    I believe the presentation will be in a similar bottle to the ones pictured here:

http://www.aedes.com/brand.php?brand_id=86&cat_id=1
    and will run about $225 a bottle...
    Digging into jewelry box to see what I can hock!!!
    You sure do know how to hurt a gal Renee
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Oh, la, la, la, la.
    Mitsouki clones and new, true, chypre perfumes.
    I looooove youuuuuuu.
    I hope classic chypres come back in style and overcome the new, yucky ones.
    Thanks for this great news.

Ugh!

OK... it's a must have.... blind to boot!

Bottle split.... anyone out there?
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

How much?

Oh my lord.

Good job I'm not a mad-keen Mitsouko lover (although...I'm thinking my bottle possibly isn't genuine...)
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Karl passed out samples of this at the fall Sniffa, and it's no exaggeration; the jus is beautiful.
    A classic.
    I feel it's different enough to justify having both, but I haven't 'gone there' yet...

Quote Originally Posted by dimples View Post
    Ugh!

OK... it's a must have.... blind to boot!

Bottle split.... anyone out there?
    I was just thinking the same thing! You know I'm always game.... let me know.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Hey, guys-
    If you're doing a split, I'd be glad to join in [ if that's OK]...

*perk*

what's this about a split?

I'm in, and count zatarain in too. I, of course, have the legal authority to speak for him.

Me too also- if I sign on for a split I'll be able to resist ordering it blind.
    Sending BEMs scuttling back to Betelgeuse with my fierce fumage!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=200749

May this new one join the group of splitters? I am ready to swoon!

Blog Entries

There is one small problem with a true return to classic chypre perfumes, purplebird 7. A defining note in any classic chypre is oakmoss absolute. Perfumers have their hands tied when it comes to using this delightful ingredient. The Powers That Be have declared it taboo for being an allergen to some people. One more time the masses of people who have absolutely NO problems with it must bend to those few who do. The same is true for orris absolute. Wouldn't a sane person think that simply a statement of contents would suffice? But no, everyone must pay. Even though our grandparents did just fine with oakmoss, orris and many other wonderful things in both men's and women's fragrances. As a perfumer, this pisses me off. We do have synthetic oakmoss, but it really doesn't hold a candle to the real thing. I hope that this collaboration of Molinard with Aedes is blatantly breaking the "rules."
    Put me down as a great fan of Mitsouko, btw ;-)
    ...Michael Storer
    MICHAEL STORER fine niche perfumery for the individualist
    www.michaelstorer.com

Blog Entries

I want to be a splittee too
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Definitely in for a split, folks...If my ears did not deceive me, Robert may have mentioned something about a limited quantity of about 400 bottles in the first lot.
    --------------------------------------
    Okay, here is the note pyramid as per a phone call to Robert this morning.

Top: Bergamot, Mandarin
    Heart: Jasmin
    Base: Oakmoss, Patchouli, Galbanum

Plus, I am correcting the spelling...I believe the correct spelling is Un Histoire de Chypre with the Un being masculine.

Bottles may arrive as soon as tomorrow. Newsletter will be sent out upon arrival.
    Now, I discovered the original spelling of Une was correct. Silly me.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 23rd December 2007 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Blog Entries

The cat is out the bag - looks like you have to place advance order:

http://glasspetalsmoke.blogspot.com/...ists-gift.html
    Chanakya

Cool. But listen, I just spoke to Robert this morning. I know we can get some bottles if we want them. I KNOW it. (clicks her heels three times and spins around...)

As most of you know now, I've offered to run the split. Renee is pretty busy and Dimples is over the border in Canada. So if we can all ignore the daftness of shipping back and forth across the country, I'll get a move on and get details to everyone as they develop.
    --------------------------------------
    Okay, jumped in with both feet. I ordered two bottles and they should be heading my way on Monday.
    Last edited by Kyra; 13th December 2007 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Sending BEMs scuttling back to Betelgeuse with my fierce fumage!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=200749

Blog Entries

Yippeeeeeee!!!!!
    Chanakya

Much appreciation to valiant and speedy Kyra for moving so fast...thank you!!

Oh yuck, galbanum. I think I will stick with Mitsouko.
    Quite like the sound of the white chocolate, pepper and cardamom bar though.

Bless you Kyra, for you have sinned...LOL
    Great job, Bubbeleh !
    Thanks a TON...

You gals sure know how to chase down the 'fumes! You're the best!
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

THANKS KYRA, for doing this for us. Really good of you!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce: