Code of Conduct

Default Help Me Pick 2 Creed Perfumes

Hi all!

I'm new here and have already submitted 3 reviews (waiting for approval)...what a marvelous site...glad I stumbled across it! btw, I'm 29 and male.

I would like your help on choosing perfumes by Creed. Currently, I have Royal Water, Green Irish Tweed and Millisime Imperial. I want to add two more to my list but have trouble picking what I want. I want one masculine scent and one tropical scent but am confused. What two do you folks recommend? I'm thinking between these right now:

Virgin Island Water
    Vetiver
    Tabarome Milleseme
    Silver Mountain Water

I'm open to more options but the above sound quite nice from the reviews.

I would really appreciate the feedback from all the aficionados and connoisseurs out there .
    Cheers
    Last edited by InsaneInTheMembrane; 12th December 2007 at 07:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help Me Pick 2 Creed Perfumes

I haven't tried many tropical scents, so I won't offer any suggestions in that area.

As to the other, I have not tried every Creed, but I recommend sampling:

Royal English Leather
    Tabarome (Vintage and Millisime)
    Original Vetiver
    Acier Aluminum
    Baie de Genievre
    Ambre Canelle

Oh - also, I want to say: Welcome to Basenotes!
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 12th December 2007 at 12:46 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there! Welcome aboard.

I had the most enormous lust for Virgin Island Water all summer - coconut and lime; mouthwatering! But not sun-tan-oil, if you know what I mean. I'd love to see a bottle in my Xmas stocking. As for the others, I don't know. I don't know enough about the Creeds to advise you. (Though I do love Royal English Leather - an absolutely correct saddle leather to my nose, and I like Acier Aluminium a lot.)

Let us know what you end up with, won't you?
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Post Thanks / Like

Hi mate,

I would go for Virgin Island Water for your tropical scent and Vetiver for your "masculine" scent .

(If you want to save money you could go for Mugler Cologne instead of the Vetiver.. very similar).

Thanks folks!

It seems VIW is THE tropical scent to get...so that's one I'm definitely getting

as for masculine: its between the vetivers and tabaromes...hmmm, I'll go give them a whiff this week and let ya'll know which 2 (or 3, if I'm not cashed out buying gifts for others :lol I picked

Thanks for the input, much appreciated

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Considering what you already have, I would certainly go with Original Vetiver. Simply marvelous. (Yet, like r2s noted, you could go with Mugler Cologne for much cheaper.) Silver Mountain Water is another great one, but if you already own MI and GIT, it might be a bit of overkill. It doesn't smell the same, but there are similarities. Creed offers so many different fragrances, it might be best to get a wide variety.

An excellent choice for a masculine scent is Bois du Portugal. The key is to sample as much as you can and trust your nose. You'll know what you want when you smell it.

Welcome to basenotes and good luck!
    You are not your perfume.

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion Erolfa is better than VIW. And also if you already have Mi then you do not really need SMW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas V View Post
    An excellent choice for a masculine scent is Bois du Portugal.
    Certainly second this! If you haven't tried it then make sure you do before making your decision. I think you could very well buy all three (say VIW, Vetiver and BdP!!).
    "All deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea, while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore."

Post Thanks / Like

Do you live in Thailand, as your flag indicates? In a warm humid climate I would suggest VIW and Vetiver. Otherwise I'd go with VIW for tropical and Tabarome for masculine, from your list. However, I agree that Bois du Portugal is a must try (it is, I believe, superior to Tabarome Millesime, nice as that is). And I would also not hesitate to try Baie de Genievre, Orange Spice and Royal English Leather, if you have the opportunity.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Erolfa and BdG would complement your current Creeds very nicely.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

I loved MI, but I'm a girl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Patrick View Post
    Erolfa and BdG would complement your current Creeds very nicely.

Cheers
    I agree and would add SMW to the list, too.

Welcome & good luck with your decisions.

Mike

FWIW I think you would be overloaded with Creeds with the addition of two more... that would be 5 out of 13 frags in your wardrobe which would be Creed.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

I vote for SMW and VIW. SMW and MI are similar but also different in ways that I really love. I adore the blackcurrant in SMW. The lasting power of both is 6-8 hours on my skin. Just my opinion. I do encourage you to go and sniff at a counter if you can. Enjoy!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaGrace View Post
    I vote for SMW and VIW. SMW and MI are similar but also different in ways that I really love. I adore the blackcurrant in SMW. The lasting power of both is 6-8 hours on my skin. Just my opinion. I do encourage you to go and sniff at a counter if you can. Enjoy!
    I agree

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bernat View Post
    I loved MI, but I'm a girl.
    MI is a unisex fragrance.

SMW & VIW, no contest

I'm neither an aficionado or connoisseur, but I recently spent about 30 minutes in Neiman Marcus the other day with my big nose (smile) smelling (and re-smelling and re-smelling ... etc.) samples of GIT, MI, SWM and Himalaya. Also Tabarome Millesime, but for different reasons. I ended up choosing Himalaya as it has a bit of warmth that I find lacking in MI and especially SMW, and it develops nicely on me. Tabarome Millesime is also wonderful and has a warm Tobacco note that the ladies seem to like, but I would consider that more of an evening selection.

Himalaya is generally well reviewed here, and since, IMHO, you already have some of the "brighter" Creeds in your collection, I suggest Tabarome from your list and ... just maybe ... give Himalaya another sniff or two. Another idea is to cajole a couple samples (enough to put in an atomizer) to give you a chance to try them out for a few days before you "invest" in another expensive bottle.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

You should try Green Valley and Neroli Sauvage. Both are perfect for warm climates and you won't smell like everyone else.

Post Thanks / Like

give a try to virgin island water & royal water! both r great!
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Virgin Island Water and give Bois du Portugal a try. Have fun!
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The