Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: Are you a diva in scent only or all-around glam?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Well, if one guy's said something about his 'diva-ness' I can too!

I don't really know what I am, I scrub up really well, and i've received a fair share of compliments when actually taking care, and some when not caring at all. I have a negative view of what a 'diva' is, I can imagine them being someone that follows trends, and goes over the top. I do neither, so I suppose i'm not.

I appreciate fine quality stuff, and refuse to wear 'cheap' stuff (slightly diva-ish) My first suit was a D&G suit, and for my 16th Birthday, i'm looking at getting a Dior Homme suit, and maybe a good quality tuxedo (don't want to invest in an amazing one yet (i.e. Zegna/RL Purple/Black Label), because I'm hoping i'll still grow taller :P) This is mainly because my parents are both in the Indian couture business, and they appreciate fine quality, along with modern and trendy cuts, that can still be counted as timeless. - A bit glam, but everyones allowed to indulge, right?

Normal clothing wise, it's an old leather jacket that was made with aged leather from an old jacket that my dad used to own by an Italian tailor that my family knows, so it's like bespoke, without the fancy associations. It's fantastic though, and the patina is amazing! I wear normal t-shirts, with designer polos(I like polos) AMcQ, D&G, Raf Simons, Dries van Noten and so on. I have three pairs of good quality denim Dior Homme, 21" Rise, Dark Blue. Prada Black denim and another pair of faded blue Nudies (don't like anymore) - So that's hardly 'glam'

Watch/accesory wise, all I have is two watches, a Rado, and an Emporio-Armani watch, for my Birthday, i'm getting a Black Chanel J12. Not very fancy, wallet/bag wise, I just use stuff from top-man, but I do have a hand-me-down Black Hermes wallet and a Gucci monogrammed wallet. - Once again, more 'glam' than some, but not really.

Hair-wise: Messy mini-mop sort of thing going on, can brush up nicely though - Not glam either

Skincare wise: Currently, Dior Homme range, the moisturiser, serum, under-eye pen, mask and exfoliant and a REN natural cleanser. Skincare, is one thing I do indulge in, simply because I have to, as I do drama, close-to-perfect skin is a must, simply because of the lighting and me not agreeing to having my face foundationed, powdered and 'groomed', i'll agree to tinted moisturiser mixed in with more moisuriser on play nights, if my skin isn't as good as it should be. Attitude wise, Diva, not really glam otherwise though (heck, i'm not wearing makeup)

Thats really it though, I do have a knack for nice food and gadgets, unfortunately, i've got to lay off the nice food, I broke my leg into three pieces some 6 months back, and haven't been able to do much exercise, and won't be able to do gym stuff and rugby for another 3 months! Hence the 32" denim being tight, as I'm up to about 34" now (its okay, simply because I just soak and dry clean my denim, hence it doesn't shrink) So overall, not really glam or diva, just a bit over-indulgent!
    hey Vivek, you sound like a cool kid, I never knew you were so young. You kinda remind me or me at your age! If I could suggest a tuxedo for you it would a be a vintage mid 90's Versace couture! wow are they ever great suits, I got one for my 18th birthday (2002) and I still wear it. In terms of the watches I beg beg beg you not to get the Chanel j12, your Rado is an excellent quality timepiece, the Chanel is just a watch put out by a fashion house looking to earn a few extra dollars! If I could humbly suggest looking into: Tudor, Vacheron, Rolex, Baume et Mercier, Longines - perhaps some other basenoters could offer suggestions as I am not a watch expert but I have learned the rule that one should always buy a watch from a watchmaker, not a fashion house! My rolex that I mentioned earlier was made in the late 50's with the automatic movement still running perfectly and it still looks brand new - the only thing I have done since my uncle gave it to me is add the diamond dial to make it a bit more relevant for this day and age.
    anyways yea! your a very well spoken guy, love reading your posts - I noticed you have some bottle splits in your sig - do you mind if I PM you with some suggestion ?

Talking Re: Are you a diva in scent only or all-around glam?

Quote Originally Posted by smellyliquid View Post
    hey Vivek, you sound like a cool kid, I never knew you were so young. You kinda remind me or me at your age! If I could suggest a tuxedo for you it would a be a vintage mid 90's Versace couture! wow are they ever great suits, I got one for my 18th birthday (2002) and I still wear it. In terms of the watches I beg beg beg you not to get the Chanel j12, your Rado is an excellent quality timepiece, the Chanel is just a watch put out by a fashion house looking to earn a few extra dollars! If I could humbly suggest looking into: Tudor, Vacheron, Rolex, Baume et Mercier, Longines - perhaps some other basenoters could offer suggestions as I am not a watch expert but I have learned the rule that one should always buy a watch from a watchmaker, not a fashion house! My rolex that I mentioned earlier was made in the late 50's with the automatic movement still running perfectly and it still looks brand new - the only thing I have done since my uncle gave it to me is add the diamond dial to make it a bit more relevant for this day and age.
    anyways yea! your a very well spoken guy, love reading your posts - I noticed you have some bottle splits in your sig - do you mind if I PM you with some suggestion ?
    Go for the suggestions, pop me a PM anytime! I am aware about watches, and my dad is an avid timepiece collector, my dream watch would be a Franck Muller (small swiss company) Black Gold Master Banker with a black, and black alligator strap(s) - but that would be a set back of about £7000, and i'd rather buy a crappy car! (My parents are paying for lessons, but they're anti-car so they won't be buying me a car, lol!) My other would be a Patek Phillipe Gondola, which i'd love to have My dad has a Vacheron Constantin Royal Eagle, which i'll have passed down to me one day !

I agree with you on the J-12, i'm just looking for a less dressy-uppy black ceramic watch (my rado is Black and Gold, with diamond hour markers, which I don't like!), but recently, i've been thinking about buying 1 or 2 Nixon watches, as they're quite cool.

Tux-wise at the moment, i've got a Marks & Spencer run of the mill tux, which I got tailored to fit properly, so it looks much better than it is Thanks for the compliments

Go for the suggestions, pop me a PM anytime! I am aware about watches, and my dad is an avid timepiece collector, my dream watch would be a Franck Muller (small swiss company) Black Gold Master Banker with a black, and black alligator strap(s) - but that would be a set back of about £7000, and i'd rather buy a crappy car! (My parents are paying for lessons, but they're anti-car so they won't be buying me a car, lol!) My other would be a Patek Phillipe Gondola, which i'd love to have My dad has a Vacheron Constantin Royal Eagle, which i'll have passed down to me one day !

I agree with you on the J-12, i'm just looking for a less dressy-uppy black ceramic watch (my rado is Black and Gold, with diamond hour markers, which I don't like!), but recently, i've been thinking about buying 1 or 2 Nixon watches, as they're quite cool.

Tux-wise at the moment, i've got a Marks & Spencer run of the mill tux, which I got tailored to fit properly, so it looks much better than it is Thanks for the compliments
    nixon watches are actually awesome, I know theyre cheap but I was just over in Sweden on a half year university exchange, and my neighbour this cool french guy had a nixon. I kept borrowing it off him and loaning him mine because it felt nice on my arm hahah

ok I don't want to hijack this persons thread and veer it off course so I will PM you

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

I'm diva only for perfumes & accessories, bags, shoes, lingerie and carrés Hermès.
    I wear very simple, usually black. No make up, only lipstick, short hairs.
    My watch is a Swatch. I'd like a Cape cod , but I'm a greenhouse keeper, I'd spoil it
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Exclamation Re: Are you a diva in scent only or all-around glam?

Quote Originally Posted by nyneve View Post
    I'd like a Cape cod , but I'm a greenhouse keeper, I'd spoil it
    Ahh, get one! They're fantastic, my moms got one, with about 12 different straps for it, in all the different leathers that Hermes makes, maybe a strap made in a leather like Chevre {or one of the grainy ones, Togo?) rather than Boxcalf wouldn't get damaged?

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

Ahh, get one! They're fantastic, my moms got one, with about 12 different straps for it, in all the different leathers that Hermes makes, maybe a strap made in a leather like Chevre {or one of the grainy ones, Togo?) rather than Boxcalf wouldn't get damaged?
    No way, I killed many watches before Swatch :-(
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Quote Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
    I think that a high-end perfume can only show its real effect when used as a wrap-up of the "whole package". Nice perfume and T-shirt/blue jeans/casual-modern style...would never work for me. When like this, just apply some deodorant and be clean. Perfume calls for a taller order.
    I don't necessarily think so.

I think it all boils down to wearing something that you think smells pleasant to you, whether you're in black tie, nice blouse, or nice t-shirt and jeans.

I don't see the value in wasting a bottle of nice smelling perfume that I like just because I'm not "dressed up enough" to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen81 View Post
    I don't necessarily think so.

I think it all boils down to wearing something that you think smells pleasant to you, whether you're in black tie, nice blouse, or nice t-shirt and jeans.

I don't see the value in wasting a bottle of nice smelling perfume that I like just because I'm not "dressed up enough" to wear it.
    Agreed.
    However, I'm not a visual thinker. I smell "personalities", rather than fabrics and such; closest I come is a color or light/dark, heavy, sheer. I don't tend to use perfume as an accessory...actually, I don't really tend to accessorize at all. Yet, I'm quick to slap on a bit of Coco parfum when the mood strikes- with my jeans.
    Last edited by leffleur; 2nd April 2008 at 03:06 AM.